General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, jier said:

Can some veteran Fanyu teach me how to go through the stress of JNat and potentially coming Olympics. The latest interview from Yuzu looks very heavy for me, I can hardly watch it for a second time. I mean the coming 4A attempts, coming Olympics, risk of injury, insane pressure....I really need someone to tell me this is normal, this is Yuzu and we with him will totally be fine.:panic:

Absolutely normal for any Fanyu, new or veteran. We either have long droughts with no sightings at all (this is stressful, too...) or an impending competition, which just brings far more stress.  For those who have seen him get injured, it's particularly difficult- OMG, how we DON"T want to see him get injured.  As far as his interview being "heavy", remember he's been on radio-silent for, really,  a year and a half. He's got a lot on his mind and he's been working hard. He is a thinker - and he's been doing a lot of thinking.

One day at a time. Just take his practice and then his SP for now- try not to think too far ahead.  He's not skating his free program today - or tomorrow.  And he's certainly not at the Olympics this week.  So put that one on the back burner. If you break the worry up into smaller bits, it is a little more bearable.

Guest turquoiseblue

It's back :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Home sweet home :10742289:

6 hours ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

Hiii I'm new to the forum but not new to the Yuzuru stress lmao 

I swear I'm going to wake up tomorrow and another 100+ pages will have been added to this topic LMAO can't wait to see what he has in store 

Welcome to the Planet, @Skrimblo_iced :welcome:

7 minutes ago, Quad.Axel said:

Nessie crashed Planet Hanyu. :xD:

LOL.

I wake up, hear the rumor that he did the quad axel, want to check what happened and nope "sorry, the planet is in shock, come back later to get your news".

So me, frantically searching through social media for some information (as a "I don't do social media" person) and finally found a post from Ambesi with a tiny video clip and ok, maybe not an perfect completed 4A, but it looks so much better, it really calmed me down and I now look forward to the competition.

Just want to take this chance to say thank you to the planet - I really appreciate this forum so much and all the people that help keeping up with all the things that are going on and all the mods and admins who keep this amazing place running, so, just THANK YOU.

Spoiler

You are probably aware of it, but just wanted to say that only the first and the last page in the practice/fluff inbetween thread is accessable. If I want to go from page 19 to 18 or 17 I land at page 1. Looks like there are some small hickups left from the nessi crash ;)

Guest Mary_kyo

My personal thought is that those are pretty good attempts, very controlled and actually looking like a solid jump now. Also this is his first open practice in months, so very understandable that it will take him some time to get back the feelings/concentration needed for performing in public. They were obviously underrotated (about half rotation missing) but he also said that he was focusing on the axis not the rotations. Balancing these two: controlling the axis and increasing the rotations is probably going to take a little more time but….

Perfect complete 4A is there, very near. The improvement since April is very huge, very very huge.

Well-done Yuzu. GOAT!

Guest turquoiseblue
Just now, yuzuangel said:

sorry, not sure why the forum is not working well. i'll try to contact more support to try to get them to help. bad timing :/

Thank you for all the hard work! :thanks: