General Yuzuru Chat

On 9/10/2021 at 7:57 PM, hananistellata said:

To be honest I don't like thinking about Beijing because I never know if I should think optimistically or realistically. Either way both scenarios leave a bitter taste in my mouth knowing that if Yuzuru does try for a third Olympic gold he will get SEVERLY underscored and God am I not emotionally stable enough to see that happening for the 2583th time.

If this makes anyone feel any better about this God forsaken season, there is a Russian YouTube channel called 'Sport Tarot' which basically does tarot card readings for athletes of different sports. Many of you might not believe in that stuff but I find it pretty intresting and I somewhat believe in it too. The "tarot lady" as some of us call her, has done a reading for Yuzuru. I don't remember too many exact details but all of his cards were pretty good. Meanwhile, another skater's cards... didn't seem so good. Apparently her readings have been scarily accurate in a lot of cases so I'm betting my sanity on this lady right now. 

I watched this and it was fun! The question was: "who will dominate in the upcoming season, Yuzuru or Nathan?" Then for Yuzu she proceeded to pull: A man on a throne (The Emperor).....a man on a throne (The King of Swords).....and a man on a throne (The King of Wands). :darklordyuzu: 

The Emperor: authority, wisdom, expertise, organization, orderly and systematic approach to solving problems

The King of Swords: authority, insight, mental clarity and intellectual power unaffected by emotion, impartiality

The King of Wands: authority, vision, energy, clear long-term goals, decisiveness, enjoying challenges

And while she was shuffling, just as she said his name a card with a winged being on it sprang out of the deck: Temperance (balance and harmony in life, balance between masculine and feminine, patience, remaining calm under stress, long-term vision). That one didn't count but I think it should :laughing:

So, if you believe in tarot.....it sounds as though Boss Yuzu will be enthusiastically tackling a big challenge in a systematic and emotionally balanced fashion, while thinking with a clear head about his long-term goals. :D 

48 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I watched this and it was fun! The question was: "who will dominate in the upcoming season, Yuzuru or Nathan?" Then for Yuzu she proceeded to pull: A man on a throne (The Emperor).....a man on a throne (The King of Swords).....and a man on a throne (The King of Wands). :darklordyuzu: 

The Emperor: authority, wisdom, expertise, organization, orderly and systematic approach to solving problems

The King of Swords: authority, insight, mental clarity and intellectual power unaffected by emotion, impartiality

The King of Wands: authority, vision, energy, clear long-term goals, decisiveness, enjoying challenges

And while she was shuffling, just as she said his name a card with a winged being on it sprang out of the deck: Temperance (balance and harmony in life, balance between masculine and feminine, patience, remaining calm under stress, long-term vision). That one didn't count but I think it should :laughing:

So, if you believe in tarot.....it sounds as though Boss Yuzu will be enthusiastically tackling a big challenge in a systematic and emotionally balanced fashion, while thinking with a clear head about his long-term goals. :D 

Yessss exactly! Someone on Twitter made a thread explaining her prediction and I was so hyped! I hope that in this seemingly successful season we will see a happy and healthy Yuzuru with multiple perfectly executed quad Axels. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Spoiler

I've been trying to manifest these in my manifestation journal for a while now so I'm really glad to see the universe give back some reasurance. I will keep manifesting this though, put positive energy out to the universe everyone! 🙏 

7 hours ago, hananistellata said:

I remember how it was announced that on September 13th we're getting a Yuzuru documentary about Worlds 2021. Do we know any details about it? Do we know when exactly it's gonna air?

It's a new content of FOD (Fuji On-Demand), not a TV program.

The video will be added to this page :68271262: at 00:00 tomorrow. (JST)

https://fod.fujitv.co.jp/s/genre/sports/ser1202/
The website is available only in Japan, so you need a VPN and a subscription.

8 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Now I'm intrigued! How do I find this Tarot lady and said video? 👀

Maybe a new Yuzu content for us?
Tv Asahi will broadcast a new Figurepedia episode on 17th October, 14 p.m

DeepL automatic translation

In this issue of Figurepedia we'll be looking at what the athletes have been working on this summer and their enthusiasm for the upcoming season. Let's take a closer look at the profound charm of Figure Skating.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, Henni147 said:

If I got it right, the entries for the Asian Open Trophy must be submitted until today 10th September, 20:00 Beijing time. That means in 10 minutes :slinkaway:

They will probably be announced on the event page within the next few hours. Do you think, a certain someone will go? :scratch2:

The US federation was quick and has already announced their skaters for the Finlandia Trophy and Asian Open. Regarding your question I also think, that Yuzu will not participate in a Challenger, maybe Japan Open...:scratch2: (but I don't think so).

By the way .... According to the article the quarantine time in Japan is reduced to 10 days for vaccinated people from the end of September

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/133671791c06afffb7d96021766f7cfb696cd9fa

9 hours ago, fyere0 said:

The question was: "who will dominate in the upcoming season, Yuzuru or Nathan?"

This is a rhetorical question actually. At the end of the day every show with Yuzuru Hanyu is the show of Yuzuru Hanyu.

As long as Yuzuru Hanyu competes, he will dominate by default. The harder others try to fight it, the more dominating he will be.

12 hours ago, hananistellata said:

I remember how it was announced that on September 13th we're getting a Yuzuru documentary about Worlds 2021. Do we know any details about it? Do we know when exactly it's gonna air?

More information is here. It's continuation of documentary series on Japan's top skaters for the past season. We already got Yuzu one from JNAT sometime ago.

https://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/20210514.html

We can access it on 13th from the link below but it's a paid content:

https://fod.fujitv.co.jp/s/genre/sports/ser1202/?_ga=2.192849898.1500281757.1631446517-1705677789.1631446517

4 minutes ago, Anni said:

This is a voting, who is the most representative celebrity in Sendai?

Yuzu is currently on the 1th place with 41 %.: leg:

Here is the English translation

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fsendai-tushin.jp%2F2021%2F09%2F12%2Fpost-198606%2F

Thank you! Don't need the translation. I love to vote for Yuzuru when I don't understand ANY word but recognize his name somewhere and click.

2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

So uh... any snippets of the documentary available yet?

I watched it but I skipped some parts (it was a torture tbh :weeping:). My Japanese understanding is not the best but it didn’t seem to have much of new information.

Edit: I was actually annoyed that they highlighted the 4S in LMEY as ‘not perfect landing’. He is always judged with different standards. I think the ending interview was a longer version tho.

Anyway, Worlds 2021 never happened.

Aaaaargh - I don’t want documentaries, or popularity polls, or retrospectives,  I want a competition, or failing that some sort of media day reveal……😩

On 9/12/2021 at 12:16 AM, KendallKlaire said:

Then, despite what Yuzu has claimed, I do believe he probably suffered an asthma attack the night before the free skate. Brian knew something was up because he was late and he sought the attention of a Russian doctor. The backstage footage of him really just hammered in that something was wrong.

From The Mainichi (https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20210329/p2a/00m/0sp/012000c):  During an online interview on March 28, Hanyu reflected on his physical condition during the event and said, "The asthma attack itself, I think I felt after my free program.". He confirmed having it on the competition day itself. Clearly, in a short video clip where he yanked off his mask, there were symptoms of asthma attack – he was out of breath and looking pale and exhausted  in his costume, with hair unstyled. This image was captured when  Keegan’s name was being announced in the background. Yes, I’ve read a Russian doctor attended to him and Brian waiting for him to turn up for his training (couldn’t recall if he was late or skipped it totally). It was also shared by others that Russian news reported he had the attack right before the Free. All these led me to believe the asthma attack happened at the rink, on Sat morning of the Men’s Free Skate.

Whether he was exposed to the trigger on Fri, hence the attack at night (as per the info you gathered) or on the day of the competition, the timing of the asthma attack was questionable to me as it would affect his performance or resulted in last minute withdrawal from the competition (if it’s life threatening). He had been at the rink everyday for practices and competition for the Short Program. There wasn’t any issue until the night before/day of the Free Skate? What was at stake here? Should Yuzu win his third World Championships title, it would upset the US narrative, wouldn’t bode well for their upcoming Olympic season. If there are people (I don’t mean the skaters but other interested parties) obsessed with titles, medals, WRs, pride and glory, they will go great length to achieve their goals. The case of Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan came to mind. I will stop here before I’m mistaken to be a crazy fanyu. Enjoy your Sunday.