General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, MrPudding said:

So like.. is this one of the many English books that he's in :rofl::rofl::rofl:

L O L I'm dying a little at the fact every other word has a footnote because English grammar is the actual worst and I don't envy anyone who has to learn it as a second language. I do really respect the fact he was determined from very early on to do his interviews in English even when he could be so much more eloquent in his native language with an interpreter 

8 minutes ago, kaerb said:

L O L I'm dying a little at the fact every other word has a footnote because English grammar is the actual worst and I don't envy anyone who has to learn it as a second language. I do really respect the fact he was determined from very early on to do his interviews in English even when he could be so much more eloquent in his native language with an interpreter 

erm... English grammar has always been pretty straightforward to me. :)  But I think it depends what's your departure point is.

I have had to help Many people at work with their english ( to the point one wanted me to tutor his children, lol) and so many things we native speakers take for granted are hilariously confusing... even to those immigrants who have lived here for decades. It makes me laugh when I go back  and look at certain things from their perspective.  Definite respect for all learners!!  Even the simple word "well" can be used in multiple ways, lol. 

I love that picture with that english interview:smiley-love017: