Jump to content

General Yuzuru Chat


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

 

I would say Boyang Jin.

Boyang for the Lutz, yes, but Flip? 

 

He needs outstanding examples of excessive prerotation, chronic UR, wacko change of edges, wrong edges all the way through, using the Lutz corner to hide edge issues, and landing on the inside edge too. What else? 

Link to post
Just now, Melodie said:

Boyang for the Lutz, yes, but Flip? 

 

He needs outstanding examples of excessive prerotation, chronic UR, wacko change of edges, wrong edges all the way through, using the Lutz corner to hide edge issues, and landing on the inside edge too.

Didn't he jump them himself "the wrong way"? Which would have been a huge work of course.

Link to post
Just now, SitTwizzle said:

Didn't he jump them himself "the wrong way"? Which would have been a huge work of course.

He did, yes. But since it's mentioned he also used other skaters' jumps for his research, I think it's possible he would draw out footages of jump issues from others too.

 

Plus, he no longer has serious edge issues in comps. His Flip at its worst is (!), not (e) anymore. 

 

There are plenty of footages of wacko jumps in recent years. It shouldn't be that hard to find some. 

Link to post
15 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Great playlist, and isn't there a playilist of all the vids above 1million too? I have a few playlists with e.g. the olympic vids, but the more the merrier:10814716:

 

Yes, I created two playlists that I update regularly:

List of Yuzu's +1M performances

List of Yuzu's performances on their way to 1M

 

By the way!

Sportschau LMEY has hit 1.1 M and is still going up! :dancingpooh:

Link to post

 

Happy anniversary! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

 

Man, I can't believe it's already been three years! It feels like it was only yesterday when I watched the parade. I hope Yuzu and his beloved hometown will have many more moments of pure happiness and joy. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

 

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Pammi said:

 

OMG Max tweeting that Yuzu will skate LGC at SOI!!! did we know that already?? (Good) News to me!

WHITE COSTUME PLEEEEASE YUZURU!!!  :snonegai:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

So, am I the only one who is wondering if Yuzu feels he has unfinished business with LGC? As I recall, he never did go clean in competition with it. Maybe he's thinking he'll get that settled this time? 

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Tae Grane said:

 Does anyone know what yuzu says at 0:43? TwT

I'm sure it's on the SOI thread here

 

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, Fay said:

If anyone’s interested, the Sportschau video is over 1.113.000 views now. It got over 1m yesterday. 

 

Wow that's great.:cheer:

...and so many positive comments under the video. I'm so happy for Yuzu.:heartpound:

Edit:

The video has now 1.127.220 views.
 



Google translate 

Quote

Today's Sendai three years ago was a day full of blessings. I feel that the ordinary days when everyone can enjoy and have fun are far and far away. May everyone meet again with a smile in Sendai someday.

 

Sendai can really be proud of such a great athlete. 🙏🙏🙏

 

Happy 3rd anniversary of the parade in Sendai :img_21:


 

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:
Happy anniversary! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Man, I can't believe it's already been three years! It feels like it was only yesterday when I watched the parade. I hope Yuzu and his beloved hometown will have many more moments of pure happiness and joy. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

Iirc, it was the reason why I finally created a PH account. I had been lurking since PC Olys, but I was desperate to get info on how I could watch the parade and you had to sign in to see the links or something.

 

It was also my first post to the planet when I said the parade T-shirt I ordered arrived that day so I was able to wear it while watching the parade. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Link to post
5 hours ago, IceWings said:

Iirc, it was the reason why I finally created a PH account. I had been lurking since PC Olys, but I was desperate to get info on how I could watch the parade and you had to sign in to see the links or something.

 

It was also my first post to the planet when I said the parade T-shirt I ordered arrived that day so I was able to wear it while watching the parade. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Same! the parade was the very first time I joined a livestream for Yuzu specifically,  instead of watching something like the Olympics.

Link to post
9 hours ago, Melodie said:

He did, yes. But since it's mentioned he also used other skaters' jumps for his research, I think it's possible he would draw out footages of jump issues from others too.

 

Plus, he no longer has serious edge issues in comps. His Flip at its worst is (!), not (e) anymore. 

 

There are plenty of footages of wacko jumps in recent years. It shouldn't be that hard to find some. 

Maybe he wouldn't use other skaters' wrong jump as examples, in order not to embarrass them or to seem to direct any reproach at them; instead preferring showing what's wrong technique on himself, jumping the wrong way on purpose.

I wonder if a Japanese electronic company may propose him a collaboration on a software to score the measurable parts of figure skating.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...