General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, amylance1215 said:

Yuzu has quite a few clips like these from I*U and the likes, so mostly from official comps I think. Maybe we can include them in the appropriate competition folders. 

So this moment is the when they filmed the first part of that tiktok vid haha

LOL if I didn't know I'd be like what in the world is he doing?

Oh if you have more can you link them, I can't keep track of everything that he's in hahaha

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

LOL if I didn't know I'd be like what in the world is he doing?

Oh if you have more can you link them, I can't keep track of everything that he's in hahaha

I'll link as I remember and find them, cuz like you said, there have been quite a few over the years :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I'm still trying to find the video of this moment from my overloaded timeline :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

9 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

So this moment is the when they filmed the first part of that tiktok vid haha

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

One translation of the interview so far...

Edit to add this little video which includes some special moments of Yuzu's 10-year journey and some very nice commentary :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

The end of the interview gives me the impression that the delivery is near, and that the mother is not 3A hime but really Yuzuru Hanyu sama himself. During birth I think nearly all mothers have these worries and doubts and learnings.

EDIT : Here's a subbed video of the interview, I haven't watched it yet and I don't know if the subtitles are faithful to their words.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I think I do understand why he is more focused on the 4A and not winning a 3rd Olympics. Yuzu is in a place in his athletic career were he challenged the world twice and won. Now, he is challenging himself and and his limits, which is much more difficult and rewarding.

This is why I respect him so much and hold him as a role model even though he is younger than me. He is not afraid of challenging anything or stepping out of his comfort zone.

It also makes it easy to shut oneself off from the iniquitous judging and poisonous comment that is prevalent everywhere, because none of it actually matters any more.

He is in a place where the average person fails to understand. I see lots of similarities between him and Elon Musk: vision beyond average imagination, dedication, hard-work to the point of self destruction, refusal of failure. These men have no rivals. they only have followers. 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Yuzu, I am getting really scared now... 

I'm not scared, but I am a little concerned. It sounds like Yuzu really is doing the FS version of climbing Everest for the first time...and as every mountain climber knows, the higher you ascend and the closer you get to your goal, the greater the risk. 

However, if he's jumped it a 1000 times without landing it once, that means that Yuzuru Hanyu has gotten really, really, really good at crash-landing without injuring himself. Probably what they call a mixed blessing, but maybe it means we don't need to worry quite so much. 

Maybe.

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm not scared, but I am a little concerned. It sounds like Yuzu really is doing the FS version of climbing Everest for the first time...and as every mountain climber knows, the higher you ascend and the closer you get to your goal, the greater the risk. 

However, if he's jumped it a 1000 times without landing it once, that means that Yuzuru Hanyu has gotten really, really, really good at crash-landing without injuring himself. Probably what they call a mixed blessing, but maybe it means we don't need to worry quite so much. 

Maybe.

And also indicates just how much he could benefit from spending time with his jump coach (Ghislain).  If he can almost get it landed smoothly, then Ghislain can help him over the hump and the Yuzu can practice his 4A 1000 times landing it safely.

Wow, it's crazy that he's never landed it but still almost took it to worlds. I wonder if he thought the pressure might make him anime-protagonist whip it out at the last moment? 

34 minutes ago, barbara said:

And also indicates just how much he could benefit from spending time with his jump coach (Ghislain).  If he can almost get it landed smoothly, then Ghislain can help him over the hump and the Yuzu can practice his 4A 1000 times landing it safely.

I completely agree! I hope he hasn't convinced himself that he's fine training alone and doesn't need assistance... Sure he probably can self-train better than the vast majority of skaters, but I feel like having a coach's assistance would be immensely helpful. I hope he can go back to Canada soon.

I can’t help wondering whether the problem is his perfectionist idea of landing the jump properly.  I’m not suggesting he’s waiting until he can do the back counter in and high kick on the way out but he’s not going to be happy if he’s taking three quarters of the rink run up and he’s definitely going to want a proper landing with good extension coming out of it.

Based on the interview Shuzo san genuinely concerned with Yuzuru getting injured by practicing the 4A..If im not mistaken Tracy or one of the coaches said that falling from 4a is like been thrown at a bus..and Yuzuru has been trying it for 1000 times..I hope that he is alright and not injuring himself in the process...and i just wondering if he is still unable to land the 4A in practice yet how come he is initially planning it for Worlds?and based on the interview its like it is humanly imposible to land 4A...If he able to land it once in practice is it a sure given that he will lands it again in competition?Also from the interview what i get is that he doesnt care about winning anymore and just want to fulfill his dream of landing 4A..I just hope that this doesnt effect what little support he had from jfed or any of his sponsor because they might be thinking why support athlete who didnt want to win