General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

A country may have a maximum of three entries per discipline. Countries earn two or three entries by earning points through their skaters' placements. The points are equal to the sum of the placements of the country's skaters (top two if they have three). If a country only has one skater, that skater must place in the top 10 to earn two entries and in the top two to earn three entries. If a country has two skaters, the combined placement of those skaters must be 13 or less to qualify for 3 entries and 28 or less to qualify for two entries.

For example, in the 2013 World Championships in London, Ontario, Yuzu was in ninth place following his short program, but due to his determination, he placed third in the free skate, fourth overall. Daisuke Takahashi placed sixth, so their combined placements equaled 10. Since the combined placement of the Yuzu (4) and Daisuke (6) was 13 or less, they earned three entries for Japan at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

Thank you!

What I didn't know was that she meant Olympic ones (and indeed, if these Worlds are the only means to get Olympic spots above one, it may put undue pressure on some federations/skaters in such a year/sanitary situation) and what I am still not sure, is that she meant she wished only one spot for US and Russian Skating Federation at Olympics in each discipline? I should wish many more for Russian Ladies I'd say. :grin: And US Men. And even Russian Men if Petr Gumennik can be in.

20 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

A country may have a maximum of three entries per discipline. Countries earn two or three entries by earning points through their skaters' placements. The points are equal to the sum of the placements of the country's skaters (top two if they have three). If a country only has one skater, that skater must place in the top 10 to earn two entries and in the top two to earn three entries. If a country has two skaters, the combined placement of those skaters must be 13 or less to qualify for 3 entries and 28 or less to qualify for two entries.

For example, in the 2013 World Championships in London, Ontario, Yuzu was in ninth place following his short program, but due to his determination, he placed third in the free skate, fourth overall. Daisuke Takahashi placed sixth, so their combined placements equaled 10. Since the combined placement of the Yuzu (4) and Daisuke (6) was 13 or less, they earned three entries for Japan at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

Thank you very much for the details. So 13 and 28 are the crucial numbers.

Sorry for my rant post, but this whole madness around Worlds and the spots makes my blood boil. To think that Yuzu has to put his health at risk for this superfluous nonsense. Again...

I wish with all my heart and soul that - if he has to take the risk anyway - he skates two unbeatable programs and sends the entire ISU to hell and Mordor and Azkaban and the Underworld and wherever there is some place left for these greedy criminal sh*theads.

@SitTwizzle  Yes, I wish that US and RUS fed lose everything. I'm very sorry for Jason and Steph/Buk, but I'm so done with these political power plays. I cannot even put my rage in words anymore.

EDIT My wish for the podiums this year (sorry not sorry):

Spoiler
  Gold Silver Bronze
Men Yuzuru Hanyu Boyang Jin Yan Han
Ladies Rika Kihira Hae-in Lee Ye-lim Kim
Pairs Sui/Han Peng/Jin Hocke/Kunkel
Dance Gilles/Poirier Fear/Gibson Shiyue/Xinyu

20 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

We'll have a break after hosting 16 YuzuSkatingParties and today's stream in commemoration to the 10th Anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.  But don't worry, our admins will inform once the new schedule is settled (either reply of the series of 16 or maybe new content). 

:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Yay thank you for the streams! A replay would be great... I missed a few of the weeks and didn't have time to catch up on them before they disappeared from Twitch :( As someone who has watched every available Eng-subbed video on youtube, I was also pleasantly surprised to see clips I hadn't watched before in the streams :) of course, I know there's so much Japanese media about him that there must be so much I haven't seen/ it's impossible to sub it all, so I really appreciated this series :softYuzu:

59 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you very much for the details. So 13 and 28 are the crucial numbers.

Sorry for my rant post, but this whole madness around Worlds and the spots makes my blood boil. To think that Yuzu has to put his health at risk for this superfluous nonsense. Again...

I wish with all my heart and soul that - if he has to take the risk anyway - he skates two unbeatable programs and sends the entire ISU to hell and Mordor and Azkaban and the Underworld and wherever there is some place left for these greedy criminal sh*theads.

@SitTwizzle  Yes, I wish that US and RUS fed lose everything. I'm very sorry for Jason and Steph/Buk, but I'm so done with these political power plays. I cannot even put my rage in words anymore.

EDIT My wish for the podiums this year (sorry not sorry):

Hide contents
  Gold Silver Bronze
Men Yuzuru Hanyu Boyang Jin Yan Han
Ladies Rika Kihira Hae-in Lee Ye-lim Kim
Pairs Sui/Han Peng/Jin Hocke/Kunkel
Dance Gilles/Poirier Fear/Gibson Shiyue/Xinyu

I am so sorry.

I do have good hopes that these Worlds are in better hands than those of ISU, who found nothing better this year than to get a "hymn". (Still less dangerous than last year projected public/athletes direct contact.) And I wouldn't want Russian athletes to be doubly punished. (What did US Fed do wrong, apart from having some skaters overscored?)

32 minutes ago, swan_queen said:

Yay thank you for the streams! A replay would be great... I missed a few of the weeks and didn't have time to catch up on them before they disappeared from Twitch :( As someone who has watched every available Eng-subbed video on youtube, I was also pleasantly surprised to see clips I hadn't watched before in the streams :) of course, I know there's so much Japanese media about him that there must be so much I haven't seen/ it's impossible to sub it all, so I really appreciated this series :softYuzu:

Usually there are replays in the video section, though yesterday party isn't uploaded yet I think?

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Well, I pray that Yuzu neither gets injured nor infected with COVID19, that he can save the third spot for team Japan, so that the risk of travelling was not in vain, and finally that US and RUS fed lose all additional spots and ISU can sulk in their own shit. In that order.

Amen to that. Exactly in that order :graucho: 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Sorry for my rant post

Oh I love a good rant! I always want to rant on forums and SMS but I am too anxious about the responses I might get (having been stung before, and not really enjoying confrontation) - you are a brave one!! I love your selection (OK, wish) for the podium too! :sipping:

(How do you put things under a spoiler btw - I wrote a post earlier about the David Wilson video but didn't want to spoil it for others so guessed and turned on Hide then Submit - I think that was a mistake! where tf has my post gone???!!! :headdesk2:

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Usually there are replays in the video section, though yesterday party isn't uploaded yet I think?

Oh thanks! I think I see them now  :nod2: I was thinking of the videos in Twitch itself, it saves the streams there for 2 weeks but they disappear after that

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

Oh I love a good rant! I always want to rant on forums and SMS but I am too anxious about the responses I might get (having been stung before, and not really enjoying confrontation) - you are a brave one!! I love your selection (OK, wish) for the podium too! :sipping:

(How do you put things under a spoiler btw - I wrote a post earlier about the David Wilson video but didn't want to spoil it for others so guessed and turned on Hide then Submit - I think that was a mistake! where tf has my post gone???!!! :headdesk2:

Well, you hid it! I unhid it for you now. 
to post things under a spoiler, use that little eye icon.