General Yuzuru Chat

hace 1 minuto , Veveco said:

From what I read on Twitter it seems that they are publishing a hand-written message from Yuzu to the healthcare workers:softYuzu:

Google translation:

“In a world where viruses are rampant, there are people who fight hard.
There are people who are at the forefront even if they endanger themselves and become physically and mentally exhausted.
Yuzuru Hanyu (26 = ANA), a figure skating boy, sent a handwritten message to Sponichi by the 5th under the title of "Medical personnel". With the thought I want to convey now.
Hanyu asks. Are we getting used to something?
Hanyu believes. When we unite beyond the individual, we can be the light.
And Hanyu is carved in the chest. The precious sparkle of the brave men who face life.
[Hereafter, the full text of Hanyu's message]
Medical professionals, are we living for you?
Are we making everyone happy?
Is there still light in your wishes and hopes?
There is very little I can do and I am not strong enough.
But,
I think there is always something we can do.
In the darkness spreading in front of you,
As if the light of "us" was lit
We will live in the present with hope and determination.
I, we,
You are not numbers, not magic,
That it is an irreplaceable flame of life
I will never forget it.
 Yuzuru Hanyu”

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/9fcd2e115dc125bb7dc025ad9011f70c91abfe1d

ETA: We need to wait for a proper translation 😭

It is too bad that only Japanese healthcare workers are receiving Yuzu's message.

I think that an American satellite should write to CNN with this story about the Japanese double Olympic figure skating champion paying a heartfelt tribute to healthcare workers who are struggling in the midst of this growing pandemic.

I think that embattled healthcare workers throughout the world would really cherish these beautiful words of appreciation and encouragement from Yuzu. The message to CNN should provide a brief background of Yuzu’s experiences and accomplishments as well as links to some of his iconic videos such as his Olympic performances and his most recent short and long programs at Japanese Nationals. Otherwise, non-figure skating fans would not know who he is. With the background, videos and proper translation, he would become unforgettable.

Yuzu is the polar opposite of Donald Trump and CNN may welcome a chance to air an apropos brief story of hope with a selfless message from someone who truly places others before himself. It would be a refreshing change from the regular diet of darkness. Perhaps I am only having a pipe dream, but it would be wonderful if it happened. (I don't remember having any opium lately...)

22 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

It is too bad that only Japanese healthcare workers are receiving Yuzu's message.

I think that an American satellite should write to CNN with this story about the Japanese double Olympic figure skating champion paying a heartfelt tribute to healthcare workers who are struggling in the midst of this growing pandemic.

I think that embattled healthcare workers throughout the world would really cherish these beautiful words of appreciation and encouragement from Yuzu. The message to CNN should provide a brief background of Yuzu’s experiences and accomplishments as well as links to some of his iconic videos such as his Olympic performances and his most recent short and long programs at Japanese Nationals. Otherwise, non-figure skating fans would not know who he is. With the background, videos and proper translation, he would become unforgettable.

Yuzu is the polar opposite of Donald Trump and CNN may welcome a chance to air an apropos brief story of hope with a selfless message from someone who truly places others before himself. It would be a refreshing change from the regular diet of darkness. Perhaps I am only having a pipe dream, but it would be wonderful if it happened. (I don't remember having any opium lately...)

Exactly. Such kindness should be spread as far as possible. Yuzuru really has a way of brightening the lives of those in darkness and giving hope.