Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

If you could ask Ghislain about one aspect of Yuzuru's skating, what it would be? :)

Why is his 3A the best jump in the Milky Way, the delayed single Axel bigger than Mount Everest, the unjumpable quad Axel on the way, BUT POOR BABY DOUBLE AXEL EREASED FROM YUZURU HANYU'S SKATING MANUAL. As Double-chan I would feel offended. :68811363:

2 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

A random question:

I am watching some videos of Yuzu drawing the skating order and notice that Japanese skaters always sit in the front row. It doesn't seem to follow the alphabetical order in English. Do you if there is some sort of order they are following?

:wut:

I got the impression that the order was that of World standing. As Yuzuru Hanyu is often first, and never less than second, Japanese men sit in front row.

But I have never seen anything official (nor have I watched a lot of draws, I confess).

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Why is his 3A the best jump in the Milky Way, the delayed single Axel bigger than Mount Everest, the unjumpable quad Axel on the way, BUT POOR BABY DOUBLE AXEL EREASED FROM YUZURU HANYU'S SKATING MANUAL. As Double-chan I would feel offended.

If I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) Yuzu, when he was retraining himself after the long, long weeks after his injury heard around the world, was trying to work himself back on his axels and was having great difficulty doing the double axel (which basically he never does) until someone had the bright idea to skip the double and go straight to the triple, which he did and did successfully.  Basically the double axel was a jump that interfered with his body's memory of doing the triple axel.  Sometimes forgetting something is required to remember a more important something.

53 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Sometimes forgetting something is required to remember a more important something.

Lol this reminds of Sherlock not knowing that the earth revolves around the sun (and forgetting about it when Watson tells him so) because it's not important to his line of work. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yuzu is at around 10 min mark, and there is also some interesting statistics at the end of the video.

LOL the shade of showing Plushenko's team gold medal but not Adam's :devil3: (jk I'm sure the author of the video just forgot)

also, it's as hard to win the Olympics as teh GPF as a junior world champ, eh? I guess the GPF hasn't been around that long :laughing:

21 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

LOL the shade of showing Plushenko's team gold medal but not Adam's :devil3: (jk I'm sure the author of the video just forgot)

Isn't it team bronze?

15 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Isn't it team bronze?

yes, his team bronze. they showed Plushenko's team gold but not Adam's team bronze, haha.

I have just watched this video, where a former ice dancer talked about several step sequences in men's skating. It is quite interesting and PW is included as the last one.

11 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I have just watched this video, where a former ice dancer talked about several step sequences in men's skating. It is quite interesting and PW is included as the last one.

“On a scale of 1-10 I’m gonna give him 100 Pooh bears and a Tigger” 

I love how he didn’t bother to be subtle at all with the Fanyu love outpour, gushing about him and putting him in the thumbnail and video title XD

Some fun moments from previous FaOI. My TL is flooded with these sentiments and now I'm sad too :sad-smiley-046:

3 hours ago, micaelis said:

until someone had the bright idea to skip the double and go straight to the triple, which he did and did successfully.  

It was Ghislaine who suggested that. I think Brian said that in an interview about getting Yuzu ready again for Oly 18 but I can't find it :smiley_hairpull:

32 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

That was fun to watch. 

A nice comment from Lloyd Jones about Yuzu: 

yZ3XCt3.jpg