General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 3 horas, Flutterby said:

Just got around to watching NBC's coverage of GPF and they're still pushing the "College-Student vs the Two-Time-Olympic-Champion" angle. This is just getting silly now. I mean I get what they're going for. Trying to portray it as some David and Goliath struggle.

It is maddening that they're portraying NC as the poor underdog when it's the complete opposite. 

Yuzuru's been more underscored than ever, he's putting up with ISU, RUSFed, USFed and JSF trying to push him out of the sport, and with his fandom and country's expectations.

NC has the backing of the most powerful fed, he has no reason to feel pressure since he's be showered with PCs and GOE no matter what he does. and he doesn't have a fandom or his country pressuring him

4 hours ago, Bunnybash said:

At this stage all skaters who want to skate from Russia will have to prove they had no affiliation which was a decision they only came to (deciding against a blanket ban) because an olympian stood up for aspiring skaters and said it would be unfair for those who had nothing to do with the doping controversy for their careers to be unnecessarily impaired.

Without having any actual information to go on, I do believe that Olympian was probably Zhenya. It was her appearance before WADA prior to Pyeongchang that helped convince them to let the Russian athletes compete there at all. Which is why she was named athlete ambassador for the 2020 Tokyo Games. With all this going on, I find it amazing that she can continue to train and stay at the top level in her sport. She's one formidable lady - and she isn't even 20 yet. Imagine what she'll be like in future! 

Can you imagine how much more irritating this would all be if Nathan came across as an insufferable, ungracious and arrogant individual? (“Yeah, I know I’m the best, I wiped the floor with Hanyu, he’s overrated and over the hill anyways, he should retire.”)  

I know I don’t know what he is “really” like but well, his demeanor so far is quite civil and appreciative of the great athletes he competes against. 

3 hours ago, Tabby said:

lol okay raf....insecure much?

I raised my eyebrows at this quote, but OP added that Raf was actually talking about YUZU'S QUAD LUTZES and smiled at him. As in, Yuzu didn't manage the Lz in that runthrough but Raf said he'd already seen Yuzu do good ones before. So don't worry, Raf is not an ass all the time. :68468287: 

15 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I raised my eyebrows at this quote, but OP added that Raf was actually talking about YUZU'S QUAD LUTZES and smiled at him. As in, Yuzu didn't manage the Lz in that runthrough but Raf said he'd already seen Yuzu do good ones before. So don't worry, Raf is not an ass all the time. :68468287: 

That was my interpretation as well. Raf's Yuzu's fan, remember. 

The Frankfurt to Toronto flight landed around 3 hours ago!  Yuzu should be home by now.  It makes me happy to know that he can have a good night’s rest.  Maybe he will go to meet Brian, Tracy and Ghislain tomorrow at TCC and they can all discuss and help Yuzu make sense of what has happened in this competition and help him decide on the path he should take going forward.

Papa bear Ghislain must be so exhausted as well, I hope he can have a good rest as well!  I wonder who will go to JNats with Yuzuru.  Just checked that Russian Nationals will be from Dec 24 to 29, so maybe Brian can go to Japan with Yuzu and then go directly to Russia since it’s not that far?

4 minutes ago, holina said:

The Frankfurt to Toronto flight landed around 3 hours ago!  Yuzu should be home by now.  It makes me happy to know that he can have a good night’s rest.  Maybe he will go to meet Brian, Tracy and Ghislain tomorrow at TCC and they can all discuss and help Yuzu make sense of what has happened in this competition and help him decide on the path he should take going forward.

Papa bear Ghislain must be so exhausted as well, I hope he can have a good rest as well!  I wonder who will go to JNats with Yuzuru.  Just checked that Russian Nationals will be from Dec 24 to 29, so maybe Brian can go to Japan with Yuzu and then go directly to Russia since it’s not that far?

and give poor Ghislain a break...did Utashin make JNats? If that's the case then probably Tracy will go as well. 

By the way, I predict the very first thing Yuzu will be asked by Brian is something along the lines of "What were you thinking, trying 4A there?!"

17 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Ah okay good to know lol

I guess he also lowkey admitted that Nathan was overscored at GPF...in a recent interview he said he was surprised that Nathan got more scores in SS + transitions than Yuzu