General Yuzuru Chat

一小時前, SparkleSalad說:

ETA public can only vote for 4 categories and as Yuzu isn’t a newcomer

I would love to see the reaction of the skating world if Yuzu is nominated as a newcomer due to huge amount of fanyu votes. 

:muahaha:

I mean, he is kind of new in the world of figure skating legends such as Dick Button.

Just kidding:desismileys_3268:

2 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

I love her so much! And with all that iritating narrations around, she comes in and thanks God Yuzu has her :) She's really delivering this season some excellent content.

The podcast is really worth listening to - would be cool if anyone could transcribe it for those who have no time to work through it all. 

15 hours ago, Tabby said:

So apparently, according to Yuko Kavaguti, fanyus aren't 'real' fs fans...hmm...I wonder if that's what she thought when she was invited by Yuzuru himself to participate in Ciontu...guess the only way for her to be relevant is to use Yuzuru's name 

Honestly, what hurts me the most is imagining how Yuzuru would feel if he read that :( 

Funny how fanyus, who "aren't real fans" are the ones with the most knowledge about the sport rules at the moment and notice and appreciate the details that go into the performances.

9 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

At least we don't have crazy yunabot trolls like koola king in our fandom 😂

But anyway just ignore that comment. I see Kozuka and that skater make inappropriate comments about Yuzu's fans and just shrug them off. Their opinions have little weight in Japanese skating world anyway. (If Arakawa said that, it would be more devastating because what she says has more social impact). 

Except that Kozuka wasn't invited to Ciontu. Yuzu's fans don't care so much about his words, but they do care when people he deemed close enough and inspirational to invite them to his show do that - like Yuko or Johnny.

8 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

ISU will soon discover the power of

The Chinese, Russian, Canadian, American, European, South East Asian, Oceania fans 

in the Fanyu fandom base 

:hihi:

It's like ISU falling into the grave ISU dug in lol

Fans can vote for Yuzu in all the categories and they can still deny him the win. But the votes will show them actually how popular he is. Any anyway, isn't it what this awards show is about? Popularity? Because it's definitely not about the sport with it's rules and judging. I think it's good for ISU to have it thrown in their face that Yuzu is indeed the most popular now. They don't want to admit it because they have their own agenda with the politics and all. But Ary Zacharyn is a business man and he recognized where the money comes from.

23 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

Fans can vote for Yuzu in all the categories and they can still deny him the win. But the votes will show them actually how popular he is. Any anyway, isn't it what this awards show is about? Popularity? Because it's definitely not about the sport with it's rules and judging. I think it's good for ISU to have it thrown in their face that Yuzu is indeed the most popular now. They don't want to admit it because they have their own agenda with the politics and all. But Ary Zacharyn is a business man and he recognized where the money comes from.

If Yuzu wins something this season, I don't mind the awards being held every season. Or every 2 seasons. I really wanted Yuzu get that Laureus Awards in February but I guess Yuzu can have an ISU award instead. 

I wonder if the ISU awards is gonna be glamorous and have red carpets too? 

7 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

If Yuzu wins something this season, I don't mind the awards being held every season. Or every 2 seasons. I really wanted Yuzu get that Laureus Awards in February but I guess Yuzu can have an ISU award instead. 

I wonder if the ISU awards is gonna be glamorous and have red carpets too? 

“Glitz and glamour red carpet” was how they described it.

I hope they at least make it a separate event in future but money is involved, so...