General Yuzuru Chat

Instagram user @ yuzuuzu just livestreamed a very interesting interview with Javier. He shared some strong opinions about the current rules in FS.

He also shared really cute anecdotes about Yuzuru. I've also watched a new Javi interview on TV where he talked about Yuzu as well.

The bits about Yuzuru are all really heartwarming. Please look forward to it, I'll translate everything later. 

For those worried about the short time between NHK and GPF you really shouldn't be.  True, it's just two weeks but Yuzu's skated before with that short a lead-time.  I think the one thing we should see is that Yuzu will be psyched up to take on Nathan, and unlike Worlds this year he's not dealing with any injury.  If I were Nathan I'd be worried because an uninjured Yuzu is easily the number one men's skater on the planet.  I can't remember the precise interview but I do remember that Yuzu said that after PC he was not particularly motivated, but now that he has a clear rival in Nathan his thirst for victory has increased markedly.  The GPF won't be a cakewalk like SC and NHK were but I think what Johnny Weir said some years back that 'nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu' still applies.  

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Birthday thing.

Hide contents

Apparently some Japanese fans misunderstood and freaked out that the idea was to get the ISU a involved in celebrating his birthday and doing it during competition. :facepalm: 

I hope next time people won’t start angry mobs instead of just, you know, speaking directly to the OP and not spreading false information. It’s really put a damper on something that was supposed to be warm and fuzzy. 

It was so blown up out of proportion. Almost killed all the joy of the most uwu thing :headdesk:

51 minutes ago, micaelis said:

For those worried about the short time between NHK and GPF you really shouldn't be.  True, it's just two weeks but Yuzu's skated before with that short a lead-time.  I think the one thing we should see is that Yuzu will be psyched up to take on Nathan, and unlike Worlds this year he's not dealing with any injury.  If I were Nathan I'd be worried because an uninjured Yuzu is easily the number one men's skater on the planet.  I can't remember the precise interview but I do remember that Yuzu said that after PC he was not particularly motivated, but now that he has a clear rival in Nathan his thirst for victory has increased markedly.  The GPF won't be a cakewalk like SC and NHK were but I think what Johnny Weir said some years back that 'nobody can beat a perfect Yuzuru Hanyu' still applies.  

Johnny has since said not even a clean a Yuzuru Hanyu can beat Nathan (commentary during the FS at US Nationals last season) and that was followed by the scandalous scoring in Saitama...

...but what can we do about this PCS/GOE lucky dip? The good news is, as we’ve heard from Brian, Yuzu only needs 10 days to peak and he’s done it injured before and at the Olympics, no less.

You know, the reason I started the conversation about JNats and particularly about the non-Yuzu skaters is because I didn't want to jinx GPF....:curse:

Now I'm getting all :smiley-scared003: about it

Therefore:

:crystalball:I foresee a happy GPF where all goes according to Zu's plan. In fact, I decree it! :smiley-rpg012::2thumbsup:

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You know, the reason I started the conversation about JNats and particularly about the non-Yuzu skaters is because I didn't want to jinx GPF....:curse:

Now I'm getting all :smiley-scared003: about it

Therefore:

:crystalball:I foresee a happy GPF where all goes according to Zu's plan. In fact, I decree it! :smiley-rpg012::2thumbsup:

Speaking it into existence: Smaugyuzu getting all the gold this season!!!!

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

Instagram user @ yuzuuzu just livestreamed a very interesting interview with Javier. He shared some strong opinions about the current rules in FS.

He also shared really cute anecdotes about Yuzuru. I've also watched a new Javi interview on TV where he talked about Yuzu as well.

The bits about Yuzuru are all really heartwarming. Please look forward to it, I'll translate everything later. 

I thinkis this one?

Live interview with Javi Fernandez. Streamed by IG user @ yuzuuzu. Translated from Spanish

- Fan questions about Yuzuru:

- Q: Can you tell us an anecdote with Yuzuru and something related to Spain and him?

J: The only time he's been here in Spain was during GPF Barcelona and I know he had a good experience then. Well, he should tell you about that himself, haha.

But I will tell you an anecdote: One time I went to practice -I don't remember which championship it was- and I forgot my training pants. And Yuzu told me that-.... -since I couldn't show up to compete in jeans!-, he lent me one of his pair of training pants. Not everybody does this! That's why I'm saying it.

- Question from a fan: Have you ever had a problem/quarrel with Yuzuru? Maybe because of envy? 

J: No, no, never. You mean, because one of us had lost and the other had won? Never.

Although sometimes.... (TN: he told these as funny/lighthearted memories, he kept smiling  fondly while speaking). While we were training for an important competition and well, one of us was angry and the other one was a little angry too...... *pause*... I mean, we never yelled at each other!!! (*Javi and the audience laugh*). It was actually like, "I don't wanna see! Don't look at me! Today is not my day!" *laughs*. That's normal in training, it happened between the two of us, between me and other people, and between him and other people as well. But yeah, no. it's just those moments when we thought "I want to skate well! Everybody else is skating well except me!" *imitates angry face* *laughs*

- Q: What do you think about the recent rule changes? You don't have to answer this...

- J: Don't worry, I won't get myself in trouble! *laughs*. Because I, too, also tell them (TN: ISU?) these things *smug face*

"There are good things and things that are disastrous right now. There are things that they try to solve, and stuff that hasn't been fixed. I believe the sport is evolving so the rules have to evolve too. I think +5/-5 GOE is a good start, since it make people consider "Is it better to do a good program instead of including very difficult jumps and thus ending up wiping the floor (TN: he means "having a splatfest")? 

One of the things I would change is the age and weight requirements to compete in each category. Because we have seen the arrival of too many 16-year-old boys and girls who win against everybody else, last 2 years in competitions and then they become good for nothing. Also, establishing a minimum weight limit, at this point is... (TN: I can't hear this part) that's it, I won't say anything else for now! *laughs*"

Other things:

- Javi wishes to become a coach someday and plans to bring his ice show to Latin America

- Javi said he never had any established psychological training before competitions.

- Javi has a great friendship with Plushenko. He told a really cute anecdote about how Plush saw him training at summer camp, when he was a kid. Plush always reminds him that he used to think Javi was a disaster back then ("he should find another hobby!"). Plush also tells him now that he would've never imagined back then that Javi would become such a good and accomplished skater

- He says his favorite thing about skating has always been the Interpretation (and "putting himself in another person/a character's shoes")

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

Live interview with Javi Fernandez. Streamed by IG user @ yuzuuzu. Translated from Spanish

- Fan questions about Yuzuru:

- Q: Can you tell us an anecdote with Yuzuru and something related to Spain and him?

J: The only time he's been here in Spain was during GPF Barcelona and I know he had a good experience then. Well, he should tell you about that himself, haha.

But I will tell you an anecdote: One time I went to practice -I don't remember which championship it was- and I forgot my training pants. And Yuzu told me that-.... -since I couldn't show up to compete in jeans!-, he lent me one of his pair of training pants. Not everybody does this! That's why I'm saying it.

- Question from a fan: Have you ever had a problem/quarrel with Yuzuru? Maybe because of envy? 

J: No, no, never. You mean, because one of us had lost and the other had won? Never.

Although sometimes.... (TN: he told these as funny/lighthearted memories, he kept smiling  fondly while speaking). While we were training for an important competition and well, one of us was angry and the other one was a little angry too...... *pause*... I mean, we never yelled at each other!!! (*Javi and the audience laugh*). It was actually like, "I don't wanna see! Don't look at me! Today is not my day!" *laughs*. That's normal in training, it happened between the two of us, between me and other people, and between him and other people as well. But yeah, no. it's just those moments when we thought "I want to skate well! Everybody else is skating well except me!" *imitates angry face* *laughs*

- Q: What do you think about the recent rule changes? You don't have to answer this...

- J: Don't worry, I won't get myself in trouble! *laughs*. Because I, too, also tell them (TN: ISU?) these things *smug face*

"There are good things and things that are disastrous right now. There are things that they try to solve, and stuff that hasn't been fixed. I believe the sport is evolving so the rules have to evolve too. I think +5/-5 GOE is a good start, to try to get people thinking "is it better to do a good program instead of including very difficult jumps and thus ending up wiping the floor (TN: he means "having a splatfest")? 

One of the things I would change is the age and weight requirements to compete in each category. Because we have seen the arrival of too many 16-year-old boys and girls who win against everybody else, last 2 years in competitions and then they become good for nothing. Also, establishing a minimum weight, at this point.... (TN: I can't hear this part) that's it, I won't say anything else for now! *laughs*"

Other things:

- Javi wishes to become a coach someday and plans to bring his ice show to Latin America

- Javi said he never had any established psychological training before competitions.

- Javi has a great friendship with Plushenko. He told a really cute anecdote about how Plush saw him training at summer camp, when he was a kid. Plush always reminds him that he used to think Javi was a disaster back then ("he should find another hobby!"). Plush also tells him now that he would've never imagined back then that Javi would become such a good and accomplished skater

- He says his favorite thing about skating has always been the Interpretation

Thank you so much!!!

7 時間前, SparkleSaladさんが言いました:

Birthday thing.

Hide contents

Apparently some Japanese fans misunderstood and freaked out that the idea was to get the ISU a involved in celebrating his birthday and doing it during competition. :facepalm: 

I hope next time people won’t start angry mobs instead of just, you know, speaking directly to the OP and not spreading false information. It’s really put a damper on something that was supposed to be warm and fuzzy. 

Oi, that’s your misunderstanding. It originally WAS planned during the K&C. So, many people sent this account opinions against it. Thus she/he contacted the organization asking if they play the music whenever it’s appropriate. (That is what I remember. I went back to check, but the account was already deleted.) This Japanese account was simply following that progress. I do think some people are worrying too much, but I haven’t seen any misunderstanding on twitter.

38 minutes ago, Lily* said:

Oi, that’s your misunderstanding. It originally WAS planned during the K&C. So, many people sent this account opinions against it. Thus she/he contacted the organization asking if they play the music whenever it’s appropriate. (That is what I remember. I went back to check, but the account was already deleted.) This Japanese account was simply following that progress. I do think some people are worrying too much, but I haven’t seen any misunderstanding on twitter.

I saw a poll and a discussion, not a final decision. also saw that they were going to contact organisers for advice, not to have them organise something official. I was also told by my friend that many fans thought they were trying to involve ISU directly and were against it for that reason as well. Maybe not everyone misunderstood but some definitely did and changed their minds once they realised ISU would not be involved. 

Someone also tried to spread false information about Yuzu having refused an airline acknowledging his birthday in the past (it was actually acknowledging his victory in Helsinki WC.)

Sending opinions is fine. That’s what the account was asking for in the first place. Going overboard calling fans egotistical and comparing birthday songs to racism and politics wasn’t. 

ETA I didn’t mean to suggest that particular account misunderstood anything.