General Yuzuru Chat

Hi guys! 

Remember how Yuzu won both the USSA Athlete of the Month & USSA Athlete of the Year last year?

Well, it won't hurt to nominate and vote for him this month too! I'm hoping he gets nominated every season (once every year)

He deserves it!

https://form.jotform.com/50424672618961

:hihi:  Please click the link above and just nominate Yuzu for USSA Athlete of the Month for October and a brief reason why.

(On what he achieved on October: Skate Canada Gold + Personal Best + records etc)

It only took me like 40 seconds to nominate him! The process is quick! The more nominations he gets, the higher the chance he will get nominated for next month.

I know it's not a big award, but it's good to vote and nominate him for something in the US Sports arena. 

Hope little things like this bring more spotlight to him outside Japan. 

Please spread the word!

36 minutes ago, Fay said:

Listened to a bit of IceTalk podcast and hey, we Fanyus got a nice mention there! Kudos to those of us who, according to Nick McCarvel, made Skate Canada special by warmly embracing every skater’s performance!

Once Yuzu gets the ball rolling, it's kind of hard not to cheer for everyone else too. I mean, he puts you in the mood to appreciate all the others. At least that's how I felt. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Once Yuzu gets the ball rolling, it's kind of hard not to cheer for everyone else too. I mean, he puts you in the mood to appreciate all the others. At least that's how I felt. 

Very much this, but also, I feel like Yuzu sets a good example. If you’ve followed him for a while, you know he’s always cheering for other skaters and being adamant that they get the attention when they start to skate, and I think as a fanyu you try to take after that, both out of respect for the skaters and for Yuzu. 

1 hour ago, caterpillar said:

Very much this, but also, I feel like Yuzu sets a good example. If you’ve followed him for a while, you know he’s always cheering for other skaters and being adamant that they get the attention when they start to skate, and I think as a fanyu you try to take after that, both out of respect for the skaters and for Yuzu. 

Yea I agree that the skater’s character really changes the fan’s actions for the better, and helps fans to justify stopping terrible behaviour among themselves 

some rant

Spoiler

unlike some fans who spent more than 4 years running dedicated twitter accounts to twist facts and slander Yuzu over every single news release, and even hire part timers to lie about his skating skills online... For real they have a guide that says “please comment ‘Shoma has beautiful skating skills / large jumps’ and ‘Yuzu has sloppy and terrible skating with no flow” on every news article and post about Yuzu... “To put an end to Yuzu’s tyranny and restore Shoma to his rightful place as Japan’s top skater” ugh...

granted they were not Shoma’s fans but still...

makes me scared for this upcoming Japanese nationals, considering it’s Dai’s last national as a single skater...

Even the JSU officer who strongly supported Shizuka and Yuzu to their gold medals got ejected due to politicking I heard... no wonder Japan now has a big gap in men’s skaters of Yuzu or Shoma’s caliber... I shudder to think what would happen if the JSU officer didn’t manage to fight for Yuzu to go to Canada before she got sidelined...

40 minutes ago, Salior said:

Someone mentioned that Ari praises Nathan often but only treats Yuzu as his cash cow and said a lot of bad things... does anyone know about this?

I think he was Plush / Yag’s manager and he was the one who pushed for the ISU awards for years too...  makes me wonder about his motivations...

I don’t think so. But Ari is first and foremost a businessman, so he has profit in mind too. 

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

I don’t think so. But Ari is first and foremost a businessman, so he has profit in mind too. 

As long as he respects everyone as a skater I can live with that... Hope he really does and I’m proven wrong, what Avicii’s manager did still looms at the back of my mind 😭 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:47 AM, shanshani said:

As I mentioned in another thread, there's no way Yuzu doesn't follow skating closer than 99% of us. I mean this is entertainment for us (although it feels so all consuming this weekend it doesn't just feel like entertainment!), whereas figure skating is Yuzu's life's work. He probably watches all the JGPs, GPs, CSs, etc. and has his own opinions on judging, competitors, etc. He just doesn't make it public (except he evidently though the 4T calls at ACI were bs, just like the rest of us!).

edit: now that I think about it, though, I'm dying to know his opinions. 

just realizing now that my wish was granted with the sponichi interview, lol. thanks Yuzu!

On 10/28/2019 at 1:22 AM, kaeryth said:

When I was boarding the plane in Kelowna I overheard one of the flight attendants saying "There was a figure skating event this weekend, Skate Canada. This was the busiest day in airline history".  

The taxi driver said a couple days before the event, a hotel manager told him that they were fully booked.  Then he went to another hotel and that one was full.  Then he went to another, and that one was full as well. He didn't know anything about figure skating, but he told his boss that they needed extra cars on the weekend and they still had to turn down customers.

I went to a restaurant at 3:00 pm thinking that's usually the slow time and the restaurant was completely packed.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:15 AM, Fay said:

Right after the Pyeongchang Olympics. Not before. 

I remember there was that tweet after mentioning Yuzu where the Olympic Channel mentioned getting a lot more hits than usual and they surmised it was because they used an exclamation point in the tweet :giggle:

Makes me wonder if they read any of the replies to their tweets - most of the replies had a Yuzu avatar.  It seemed like such a ridiculous conclusion that, to this day, I wonder if they were being serious or if someone was being a little tongue in cheek.

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I remember there was that tweet after mentioning Yuzu where the Olympic Channel mentioned getting a lot more hits than usual and they surmised it was because they used an exclamation point in the tweet :giggle:

The exclamation mark was the genius theory of the Laureus Twitter account. I will never forget that one  :xD: