General Yuzuru Chat

In Australia on the 1st of the month you get to pinch and punch someone (gently, usually), so long as you say "A pinch and a punch for the first of the month" but if the other person says "White rabbit" you're not allowed to pinch and punch them.

1 hour ago, KittySaurus said:

Whoa.  What a rare sight.  

Skate Canada is almost there which means I'll have to stay up until 3:00 A.M. again.
I can't sleep anyway because I'm anxious.:headdesk2:

Same here ! Can’t believe that SC is in 3 weeks ! There will be a few long nights ahead of us,  but I’m happy to watch him skate ! 

LOLOLOLOL the difference between him and the 2nd rank!

Btw, I want to gush about Yuzu... again...

So these days I backtrack the forum especially around PC 2018 period and I read about the many news/articles about him produced by so called reporters and journalists from all around the world. Tbh, I was not really interested in FS at that time, but I know of him, and I know of his connection through Mansai Nomura (I am a fan) --> Onmyouji movie --> Seimei --> Yuzuru, and somehow I ended up knowing him through his TV appearance and it is his personality that really makes his outward appearance shine through. So I fall in love with this amazing creation, Yuzuru Hanyu, with all of his complexes that are apparent and hidden, and especially I fall in love with how sincerely he tries his best to be the best he can be either as an athlete or as a human being. 

In this day and age where people who are cynics and bad-mannered are being hailed as honest and sincere, this is Yuzuru Hanyu, who only work hard to fulfill the role given to him. And it is a very difficult role too: to be a hope and a symbol of perseverance and resilience--at the beginning, for a city, then for a region then--for a nation. I tended to sneer at people who always try to speak and behave nicely, but I just cannot with Yuzu, something about how he has maintained such an attitude for years and years, under media scrutiny, among peers who can vouch for him, and the feeling that just came out from me that convince me that he is as sincere as someone who just wants to do good things can be. He is giving me a hope for humanity and it will be very saddening indeed if there are people who try to smother him in any way.

It is very easy to make people understand WHY as a young woman who is nearing her 30s, I want to support Yuzuru whole-heartedly: after I show them his programs, then I tend to show them his interviews, and then his TV appearances, and I successfully convert another woman in her early 30s and my mom who is in her 60s to be a fan of Yuzuru, all rational and logical people in daily life. Good looking and idol-like charisma, none of that can gather such following of fans or at the very least supporters among males and females.

When will western media or some other figure skating fans realize this? That many of Yuzuru's fans (specifically, I am sure, his Japanese fans) are not there because of his appearance or his skating (only, though those might be an entry point). Rather than anything else, it is his sincerity that I think has reached many hearts. His goodness of heart, his honest effort, his pure love for his hometown and his nation. With every 24H TV appearance, even if it is only once a year, and only snippets, his feeling reaches more and more people. More than anything else, by keep going on this path that he chooses, the feeling of wanting to give happiness to the people of his region especially and his fans in general is still there. And I think, it is this that we consciously or subconsciously want to protect, so he won't be disheartened by how it seems that the authority in ISU or JSF is trying to kill that hope (which, as a new fan, it seems to be like that for me).

However, the fact that his hometown and East Japan in general seems to answer that love favorably with similar passion gives me encouragement that Yuzuru will always have a beloved home and people who will embrace and protect him back.

10 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

"Rabbit rabbit rabbit" is a superstition found in Britain and North America wherein a person says or repeats the words "rabbit", "rabbits" and/or "white rabbits" aloud upon waking on the first day of a month, to ensure good luck for the rest of it - from Wikipedia

lol Just a superstition. My TL was full of it this morning, too!

Lol, interesting bc i've never heard of it, i've only seen it from Japanese twitter :laughing: