General Yuzuru Chat

I was at ACI and I sit in front of the Canadian group like Nam for the FS, and I felt like my eardrums were going to fall off because they were trying so hard to compete in cheering, they would constantly shout "GO KEEGAN" even when he wasn't doing anything, and would even cheer louder for him when people were cheering for Yuzu. The audience in my area will also constantly cheer for anyone who skated in front of us, the loudest cheers were for Camden, Kevin, Jun, and of course Keegan. The random cheer you heard might not be for Yuzu, but for ANYONE who jumps. For the short program I sat in a different area, specifically behind a group of people who would cheer for everyone EXCEPT for Yuzu, some lady was even talking crap about him, saying he's regressing as a skater. In Japan National this year, there are tweets spreading around saying they are going to boo or distract Yuzu when he's skating, and there has been proof of it happening in the past. So yeah,  I find no problem in cheering for Yuzu especially when I witness first hand what other skaters' fans did when all we do is being supportive for every skater even if we are cheering louder for Yuzu. 

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

3rd round: ban any kind of clothing ---> okay, then we do body painting

:xD:

... Yuzu's ahead of us there, he was using sign language to communicate with the crowd from the K&C at ACI.

Imagine the entire crowd at JNats signing 'up yours' to the JSF...:68468287:

11 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

At Japan Nationals this year, throwing gifts on the ice is forbidden. Which a lot of people think is ridiculous, because if Japan doesn't have flower boys and girls, then nobody does. It started with banning banners, then slowly only allowing certain areas of the audience to throw gifts, to not banning gift throwing altogether (and I'm pretty sure it's in reaction to fans banding together at Worlds, so those in areas where throwing was allowed, also threw for those who weren't allowed to). Given that Yuzu gets the most banners and most gifts, it's hard not to think this is a move against him.

The head of the JSF, Seiko Hashimoto, hates Yuzu.

I am not sure of the basis for this hatred. I don’t know whether this has anything to do with the fact that she is enamored with Daisuke Takahashi and hates Yuzu for surpassing him. It may also have something to do with the fact that Yuzu is an outlier and not associated with the main skating centers in Japan.

There was a scandal in 2014 after the Sochi Olympics when she was accused of sexual harassment when she was seen forcing herself on Daisuke Takahashi and kissing him when it was obvious that he was trying to resist her advances.

It really irked me when I saw Seiko Hashimoto sitting next to Yuzu when he received The People’s Honor Award. There was no reason for her to be there since this was a personal honour that was being bestowed upon Yuzu. The only reason for her being there was to try to take some reflective credit for Yuzu’s accomplishments. She didn’t take any part in the ceremonies and was completely ignored by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. You could see that Yuzu was not happy and I think this had everything to do with her being there.

I definitely believe that these moves are deliberately directed against Yuzu.

12 hours ago, shanshani said:

I don't know if the ISU even cares about their bottom line that much, otherwise they'd be rolling the red carpet out for Yuzu the way other sporting organizations do for their big stars...

tbh when I imagine the ISU, I picture a group of stodgy old fuddy-duddies who hate the idea of change and don't care about anything except keeping things the way they used to be. I mean, think about their reaction to the cutting edge technology of the USB drive :13877886:(of course, no offense to the older people of this forum--you guys are cool!) 

you know you are right and it's kind of depressing :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, TallyT said:

The TV's on and my sister is watching a cookery show, I'm barely aware of it...

Until they tell us what they are making is a white chocolate and yuzu cheescake. :10636614:

I want.....

I want too...d*** cooking shows not helping with my diet and from the other side of the planet too LOL

About the no throwing gifts rules I think I honestly don't get it,while I understand smaller competitions like ACI or of course Ice-shows I don't understand why during a national competitions.

As far as I know throwing flowers has been a long time traditions probably imported from theater I guess so why now really?

I resent the idea that everybody hates Yuzuru because it sort of makes him a victim and I have a feeling he may not like it but one does wonder if this new rule wasn't created just for him....although didn't they started it at Worlds this year by letting only fans sat in premium seats throwing gifts?

1 hour ago, luminescenry said:

I was at ACI and I sit in front of the Canadian group like Nam for the FS, and I felt like my eardrums were going to fall off because they were trying so hard to compete in cheering, they would constantly shout "GO KEEGAN" even when he wasn't doing anything, and would even cheer louder for him when people were cheering for Yuzu. The audience in my area will also constantly cheer for anyone who skated in front of us, the loudest cheers were for Camden, Kevin, Jun, and of course Keegan. The random cheer you heard might not be for Yuzu, but for ANYONE who jumps. For the short program I sat in a different area, specifically behind a group of people who would cheer for everyone EXCEPT for Yuzu, some lady was even talking crap about him, saying he's regressing as a skater. In Japan National this year, there are tweets spreading around saying they are going to boo or distract Yuzu when he's skating, and there has been proof of it happening in the past. So yeah,  I find no problem in cheering for Yuzu especially when I witness first hand what other skaters' fans did when all we do is being supportive for every skater even if we are cheering louder for Yuzu. 

If this is real I'll only cheer for yuzu. I'm not sorry .. I'm not obligated to cheer for everyone :idk:

8 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

The head of the JSF, Seiko Hashimoto, hates Yuzu.

I am not sure of the basis for this hatred. I don’t know whether this has anything to do with the fact that she is enamored with Daisuke Takahashi and hates Yuzu for surpassing him. It may also have something to do with the fact that Yuzu is an outlier and not associated with the main skating centers in Japan.

There was a scandal in 2014 after the Sochi Olympics when she was accused of sexual harassment when she was seen forcing herself on Daisuke Takahashi and kissing him when it was obvious that he was trying to resist her advances.

It really irked me when I saw Seiko Hashimoto sitting next to Yuzu when he received The People’s Honor Award. There was no reason for her to be there since this was a personal honour that was being bestowed upon Yuzu. The only reason for her being there was to try to take some reflective credit for Yuzu’s accomplishments. She didn’t take any part in the ceremonies and was completely ignored by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. You could see that Yuzu was not happy and I think this had everything to do with her being there.

I definitely believe that these moves are deliberately directed against Yuzu.

:offtopic2:

PM Abe appointed Hashimoto to the cabinet level position as Minister for the Olympics, so I consider him complicit in this.  His administration does not pay attention to the mood of the people - they have tin-ears and assign positions based on the need to fill certain quota (satisfaying different factions within the Liberal Democratic Party).   Under Team Japan there is a discussion on Nobu Oda's resignation from Kansai University - which is an extension of the toxic environment created by the JSF leadership. 

Back on topic, Yuzu is the one hope I have that he will be able to overcome this cabal of Japanese sports establishment that has for years fostered such a bullying culture.  It's not only in Figure Skating - but perhaps someone with Yuzu's charisma as well as strategic intellect will be able to take over leadership position in the future.  He will make an awesome Minister of Olympics, but more than that, he could lead our society towards a brighter future, with compassion and integrity as the foundation of our collective behavior.

4 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

If this is real I'll only cheer for yuzu. I'm not sorry .. I'm not obligated to cheer for everyone :idk:

You're not, but when some skater you've never heard of surprises you with an amazing quad jumped right in front of you, it's really hard not to cheer. 

All these athletes are working hard. I say if a cheer happens to pop from your lips, let it happen. :snpeace:

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You're not, but when some skater you've never heard of surprises you with an amazing quad jumped right in front of you, it's really hard not to cheer. 

All these athletes are working hard. I say if a cheer happens to pop from your lips, let it happen. :snpeace:

Well..I believe I'll spontaneously cheering for skater that did amazing skating in the end. Like clapping for them. That's how I respect skaters. 

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

K&C could be risky, because you can hit so many people by accident. I remember how a plushy bounced back from Yuzu's head right into the arms of a staff member. I don't know how much a thrown plushy can hurt you, but it's an unpleasant feeling for sure.

BUT there is a smart way to make a pieceful "Pooh rain" happen without breaking any rules:

1. Bring a Pooh plushy with you

2. Wait until the end of the performance

3. Throw the plushy into the air and catch it with your hands

4. Repeat the throw a few times, if you like

5. Recycle the plushy for the next competition

Okay, it's more like fireworks than rain, but the effect is similar. Some Poohs might jump down one or two rows by mistake, but I think that's within the rules :xD:

Great idea! If banners and throwing gifts is forbidden, then waving a big Pooh or two is making a hella statement. Those yellow Poohs are visible from a mile away and more person-specific than banners or flags.

32 минуты назад, yuzuangel сказал:

I usually clap politely bc that's what Yuzu would want IMO, but there's only so much cheering you can do so most of the time I save it for only one skater LOL

I think I clap politely after most skates, but sometimes there're just very good performances even not from top-skaters when you want to clap hard or rarely even give a standing ovation (but I must confess, I don't like to scream at all, even at concerts :68468287:)