General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

I'm quite disturbed by the reactions here. You guys are reacting like "batting for the other team" is something wrong.

I hope not! I think the problem is with labeling someone based only on how they act or dress. Because IMO that's toxic masculinity -- thinking someone who doesn't act according to narrow masculinity norms must be gay. Which I highly disagree with. If Yuzu comes out and says he's gay or straight then we can talk about it happily. But we should not speculate on it (in either direction) based on stereotypes (and often Western stereotypes rooted in racism) before then.

So yes it's really frustrating when people think they know something as personal as sexual orientation from a picture of someone. Most Yuzu (and also other male skaters) fans can probably relate :mad: But we ourselves shouldn't speculate too much here either :)

P.S. I know that PH members come from all over the world, and in some parts of the world homosexuality is not accepted. But I would hope that no MEMBERS of PH share that view :)

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

I'm quite disturbed by the reactions here. You guys are reacting like "batting for the other team" is something wrong.

I understand you saying that, but it's not my intent. What I was saying is that I think it's rude to make such a comment about a person based only on one photograph and no other real knowledge. 

23 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

hope not! I think the problem is with labeling someone based only on how they act or dress. Because IMO that's toxic masculinity -- thinking someone who doesn't act according to narrow masculinity norms must be gay.

This. 

One more thing about this, and then I'll drop it: I actually thought Yuzu looked incredibly masculine in that photo, so it was a major shock to me to hear another man say the opposite! As it happens, my next door neighbours are a married gay couple, and, unless you happened to see them together, you would never know it. They're both quite manly men. So I've learned that appearance counts for nothing as far as this goes. 

One of the things I have really admired about Yuzu over the years is how well he's done at keeping this very private part of himself, private. I couldn't even begin to guess what his preference might be from his behaviour or appearance, and for someone who lives in the public eye, that's quite an amazing feat in and of itself. 

And I also agree that speculating about it is wrong. However, it's an issue that will continue to cause fanyus headaches everytime someone in their life makes the assumption that a man who skates and dresses well must be gay. 

10 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I approve! These goats look as graceful as the G.O.A.T himself. The length of the legs and the wise look... good job! :7938863:

(I've never before said about a plushie, that it looks wise. I hope it is not weird. :facepalm:)

Thank you, I looked hard for a goat that looked more like Yuzu: slender, with a little face and long legs. The wise expression was an unexpected plus. 

SMALL ONE:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WTUBF4E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

BIG ONE: 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJ9D1VJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

43 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

I am convinced that these coaches must have something like Crazy Skaters's Coaches Anonymous Club. That is where they share their load about skaters under their care that will not stop achieving greater heights while risking their life.

Brian, waiting for the other members of the support group to arrive: 

Posey03.jpg

Did my post disappear? Just to make things clear if someone is misunderstanding. I want to mean that some might don’t feel okay about speculating in anyone privacy issue even they are celeb or there is no harm intention. It’s like making fun of Yuzu culture that has an issue in twitter sometime ago. Some might found it fun some think it’s disrespectful. I’m not an english speaker , i might not make things clear sometime. I’m sorry. Please don’t get me wrong.:sadPooh:

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Spoiler

not at all,i just find disturbing the idea you can guess somebody sexual preferences by a pic....but I guess you knew this already am I right?:blinkblink:

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

And thank you Raf for your lovely contribution to my peace of mind:smiley_hairpull:

20 minutes ago, Toni said:

Brian, waiting for the other members of the support group to arrive: 

Posey03.jpg

:smiley-laughing021:

do we have a Fanyus support group,i may need one!

Guys Guys ,lovely Yuzuru shaped cookies,amazing G.O.A.T. plushies...I'm overwhelmed by the talent of this comunity:agree:

Ages ago and possibly elsewhere on the internet - I honestly don’t remember- someone said that the circumstances which forged Yuzuru Hanyu were such that you wouldn’t wish them on anyone else - in other words, without the experience of disaster and the resulting emotional connection that he has with others that suffered and are continuing to suffer,  you can’t reach the level of commitment coupled with empathy which he demonstrates in his skating.  It’s more than just the sort of sporting motivation that is propelled by rivalry or nationalism or perfectionism.  I’m a long-standing Uber fan of Kohei Uchimura and he has the latter two in spades, comes from the same culture, but doesn’t have that extra dimension that is a spur and a burden to Yuzuru Hanyu.

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I have to say, Raf always sounds like a man who wishes Yuzu was his skater. I get the sense that Raf wishes some of his skaters were as motivated as Yuzu

Eh, I don't think he wants to be his coach. He wants hype and media attention that Zu has.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Eh, I don't think he wants to be his coach. He wants hype and media attention that Zu has.

Hmm, maybe. My take on Raf is that he'd respect a hard worker over a (not so hardworking) high talent any day, and since Yuzu has both a great work ethic and a lot of talent, he's the best of both worlds for Raf.