General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, kaerb said:

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/161841910914/yuzuru-on-kenjis-room-episode-1-translation

Kenji's Room Ep 1 translation because apparently I work really fast when procrastinating. I've been giggling at their talk about Machida and the Brian curse for hours.  

Yuzu: ‘Once I get obsessed with something, I don’t let go of it. Like kendama, I’ve been doing it nonstop.’

I've said it many times, but i'll repeat it again :P

We take from him more things than we realize

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

Touché. Well he's gotta be #relatable to inspire such proactive devotion, no? :xD:

Hmm no, i mean like we share more traits with him than we think :)

ETA.

GUYS I GOT A GIFT FOR YOU.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE THEME LISTING THANK YOU :D

I am laughing at this. I did not know this about Machida san. But he does look like a serious person.

Talking about Tatsuki Machida: Basically they make fun of the fact they can’t understand what Tatsuki says because he’s #2deep4me. 
Kenji: ‘So there are times where we’ll be like ‘what are you talking about??’ or ‘what do you mean??’ He’s really serious so he’ll start explaining the whole thing from the start.’ 
Yuzu: ‘How long will you let him go on?’
Kenji: ‘Yeah often halfway through we’ll be like ‘that’s okay’ or ‘thank you very much’.
Yuzu: ‘There aren’t many athletes like him who can talk like that, so I was surprised at first too. But it might be his way to focus. And he says interesting things.’ 

2 minutes ago, katonice said:

Oh wow, thank you for this!!! :thankyou:

Immediately I clicked on the PPOS theme lol!

i don't know what you're talking about :slinkaway:

1 minute ago, Smultron said:

Haha, this made my morning :kitty: 

Thank you Hydro! :10742289:

It's what off season does to me

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Hmm no, i mean like we share more traits with him than we think :)

ETA.

GUYS I GOT A GIFT FOR YOU.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE THEME LISTING THANK YOU :D

Oh yes, that's what I meant by #relatable. I share a some qualities with him and I'm sure a lot of people here do too, but he takes it to like 10000% Extra level so it's simultaneously awe-inspiring but familiar/endearing : P Also a reminder that you can be more Extra, always

hace 21 minutos , kaerb said:

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/161841910914/yuzuru-on-kenjis-room-episode-1-translation

Kenji's Room Ep 1 translation because apparently I work really fast when procrastinating. I've been giggling at their talk about Machida and the Brian curse for hours.  

Thank you! I am reading your translation on my way to the office and it made my day already.

OT: I want this tshirt with jump names!

10 minutes ago, Floria said:

Nobu explains about Chopin SP choice.

Can anybody translate what is he saying?

The gist of it is that Nobu think it's a nice choice since Yuzu's skating to music he's used to. LGC was an uptempo piece whereas the jumps happen in the slow parts of Chopin so the rhythm of jumps is easier to master than in a fast piece where you may be forced to jump too hurriedly. Yuzu also put the hardest quad in the 2nd half of the program (I can't catch the latter part but I think the general idea is that it makes a bigger impression?). The difficulty has also gone up so if he skates cleanly, he will be able to break his record.