General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yuzu ads inside the front and back covers of the Dream On Ice pamphlet! (There are still arena and S seats available. If only it were so easy when Yuzu performs!)

That's priceless... I do wonder how the skaters actually there might feel about Yuzu ads getting the plum positions in their pamphlet :10814716:

And the Ghana ad is very encouraging, he's still with them so we might get more chocolate ads! (apologies for being a touch obsessive, I simply adore his chocolate ads one and all)

1 hour ago, KitSileya said:

I think it's a whole lot more probable Yuzu will do Japan Open rather than Shangai Open, especially now that Javi is confirmed as a participant, and even then it's pretty unlikely he'll jet off to Japan in the beginning of October. We'll just have to survive between ACI and SC as usual.

Javi has been invited to JO in the past six years while Yuzu hasn't been there, the probability for him competing there is the same this season - zero. Japan Open is an invitational competition too, and is in collaboration with IGM (+the main sponsor is Kinoshita), and since Yuzu is not affiliated with any agencies it may be one of the major reasons why he doesn't go to this event (he was invited as a special guest after the earthquake in 2011 but that was the only time).

The timing of the event is really not convenient for him either, after his Challenger event and before his first Grand Prix. Travelling to long distances, dealing with jet lag could affect his health and training as well. It doesn't give out ranking points, and there wouldn't be a chance to skate to the short program either so going to this cheesefest competition wouldn't bring him much.

The same can be said about Shanghai Trophy (minus the IGM thing), but it's at least nice that they invited him :) 

1 minute ago, TallyT said:

That's priceless... I do wonder how the skaters actually there might feel about Yuzu ads getting the plum positions in their pamphlet :10814716:

And the Ghana ad is very encouraging, he's still with them so we might get more chocolate ads! (apologies for being a touch obsessive, I simply adore his chocolate ads one and all)

What I love is that they still use him to advertise the show even when he is not there to perform...his power really !

13 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

The same can be said about Shanghai Trophy (minus the IGM thing), but it's at least nice that they invited him :) 

It would be lovely if he could go to Shanghai though, his Chinese fans would be over the moon. But he doesn't at all need the money and his training does come first.

But I hope he can go to Chine some time in the future. Even if he doesn't compete in 2022, they would really really like to see him as a guest at the Olympics.

7 minutes ago, TallyT said:

It would be lovely if he could go to Shanghai though, his Chinese fans would be over the moon. But he doesn't at all need the money and his training does come first.

But I hope he can go to Chine some time in the future. Even if he doesn't compete in 2022, they would really really like to see him as a guest at the Olympics.

gpf next year is in Beijing 

6 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

They still haven't realized the magnitude of the power and popularity of Yuzuru Hanyu. :wut:

I wonder if it's because of pure ignorance or intentional denial...

The simplest explanation is that they're not too bright, so I'm going with that one. 

Can anyone confirm that Yuzuru will attend the Shanghai Trophy 2019 this October? He was invited but no confirmation yet right? 

Also I am looking for tickets to the ACI this September. If anyone has extra tickets , please contact me. 

16 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Can anyone confirm that Yuzuru will attend the Shanghai Trophy 2019 this October? He was invited but no confirmation yet right? 

Also I am looking for tickets to the ACI this September. If anyone has extra tickets , please contact me. 

Fairly sure he is not going to Shanghai Trophy. As mentioned by @sallycinnamon a few pages ago, it's pretty inconvenient for him calendar-wise, huge travel and no real point competition-wise.