General Yuzuru Chat

There is a rule about bots of clothing falling off during the skate, I remember reading complaints from fans of one or two skaters who got caught by it.  Of course Yuzu's glove ain't falling anywhere  :10814716: but I doubt the tech people will see it that way....

How are the weibo people reacting to last night? Much like us?

I just flashed back to the World's gala, where everyone but Yuzu was in black and red, and most of the numbers were on the angsty side, and it was ... well, a bit boring. 

I think we've seen Yuzu's response: "You want black and red and angsty? Excuse me while I show you how it's done. Oh, and you might want to have fire extinguishers on hand." 

:fire:

Guys, just in case there are any of you not actively following FAOI threads at the moment, there was a magnitude 5.1 earthquake during Plushenko's number. No one is hurt, but they took a brief intermission to survey the damage, which was nothing major. They're into the second half now. I just hope the mental shock for Yuzu wasn't too much...

Like many fans, I just stepped out for few hours expecting a quieter day but then got busy with n- new pages as Overlord gave us surprises again plus unexpected earthquakes.  Glad all are safe!  Thanks PH satellites for all the updates!

Weibo fans are as excited as us on this planet... or just died a few times and kept talking him last night and this morning... and now apparently confirming the gauntlet-throw idea came from our grown-up boy!!

:knc_yuzu2: 

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Is that a sparkly pooh on his earphone? lol

i wonder when will these brands go out of stock after his interview. haha

--

I was so worried when I heard about the earthquake. I hope it didnt stir up any bad experience for Yuzu or those who experienced the 2011 earthquake. anyway the quad lutz! I really wonder if say he landed a clean quad lutz tomorrow he will be going for a quad flip at the next faoi. never believe Brian when he said we will not see a quad lutz any time soon. 

Brian's hair: hello darkness my old friend

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Is that a sparkly pooh on his earphone? lol

interviewer: Mister Hanyu, what do you think about earpho-

Yuzuru (probably): Ah, earphones! Thank you for asking. This is very good question. Here you have my :tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:TOP 10 fav earphones:tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg: and 100 pages long essay "Why earphones are the best device ever invented by humanity".

3 hours ago, Anzi said:

As Yuzu bringing back 4Lz, we probably need to be mentally prepared and so don't be freaked out too much next season.

I think, Yuzu really wants to take care of our cardiovascular systems from now on, so he tries to dose the biggest shockers and serve them plate by plate. He's some hell of a butler, indeed.

For those who are thinking that the earthquake might have disturbed Yuzu, I don't think they need worry.  Yuzu grew up where earthquakes, if not a daily occurrence, still happened frequently enough to become routine for the Japanese.  To compare a 5.3 to a 9.0 is like comparing a pygmy to a giant.  A 5.3 quake is always of short duration, perhaps fifteen or twenty seconds.  It's here and then it's gone.  That wasn't the case with the 9.0 3/11 quake, which lasted for somewhere between five and six minutes.  Actually, the strength of a quake can be to a large extent estimated according to its duration.  Yuzu and the other Japanese in the arena would have taken things in stride unless the quake continued on and started strengthening.  That, of course, didn't happen here.  The interruption in the program was short, as was stated.  I think the only remarkable thing about the incident is now Plushy can say his skating was literally 'earth-shaking'.

19 hours ago, Paskud said:

interviewer: Mister Hanyu, what do you think about earpho-

Yuzuru (probably): Ah, earphones! Thank you for asking. This is very good question. Here you have my :tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:TOP 10 fav earphones:tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg: and 100 pages long essay "Why earphones are the best device ever invented by humanity".

Except for skates.... please, no one ever ask Yuzu to choose between his earphones and his skates (the latter would win, I'm sure, but watching the Overlord dither madly....)

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I think we can now see Jason's influence on Yuzu's skating. The split jump... the Y-spiral... even his Ina and Hydroblading last longer and deeper than ever before. Yuzu's flexibility is incredible.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

[...] Jason's 3A has become SO MUCH BETTER and more consistent this season. Also the highkick after his 3F and other transition work smell like Yuzu-inspiration. It's fascinating to see how much they influenced and learned from each other in this short time. For me these two are the most polished and artistically gifted skaters in the current competitive field. Jason might not have the quad(s) yet, but the rest is Champions League.

When Jason's coaching change was announced last year, I got super excited, thinking of how much Yuzu had learned and adapted from Javi in 6 1/2 years. So I followed the process of Yuzu's and Jason's mutual influence very carefully during the last season.

Retrospectively I would say that Jason as a training mate is pretty much the best that could happen to Yuzu after Javi's retirement. In an era, where programs are constructed with tech-focus and max-output, it's good to have someone beside you, who reminds you every day how important, satisfying and beautiful a total package is.