General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Is Yuzu, trying to find his fellow aliens or trying to recruit them?:winky:

...of course he wants to repopulate Planet Hanyu as quickly as possible :hihi:

...though this got me wondering if one of his former coaches often did this to him (seems to me to be the case — or else this really is his personal quirk :68468287:)

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

Should we start a thread be like Jack Ghallagher? loll

Today Olympic Channel

It's funny that Yuzu's final spin in the freeskate can compete with final spins in short programs, where you have a lot more power and energy left.

The reason why I love this spin so much is its originality. It's really rare to see such a powerful and extended travelling camel, deep and accelerating sit spin and I don't even know what that upright position is called. For me it looks a bit like a turtle who hides under his shell. Does anyone know? Has Yuzu invented that position? I haven't seen any other skater doing that so far.

4 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

It's funny that Yuzu's final spin in the freeskate can compete with final spins in short programs, where you have a lot more power and energy left.

The reason why I love this spin so much is its originality. It's really rare to see such a powerful and extended travelling camel, deep and accelerating sit spin and I don't even know what that upright position is called. For me it looks a bit like a turtle who hides under his shell. Does anyone know? Has Yuzu invented that position? I haven't seen any other skater doing that so far.

yes! and I saw your comment in there too! I also commented and i think listing out reasons why we choose his is better so people dont think we just blindly pick his bc we are his fans..and well hello we are fans for a reason too. anyway, even Alice from real x monster called it the Hanyu/Yuzu spin because its pretty much hasnt done before. I have been calling it that since and I think the only other person doing it is Daniel Grassl, and we all know who he got that from :hihi:

For some of Yuzu's spin positions, they require great flexibility, strength/stamina or body control or a combination of these requirements to perform beautifully!

Which is why most men can not get into the positions, Yuzu does.

BTW: happy anniversary to Planethanyu!!

2 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

yes! and I saw your comment in there too! I also commented and i think listing out reasons why we choose his is better so people dont think we just blindly pick his bc we are his fans..and well hello we are fans for a reason too. anyway, even Alice from real x monster called it the Hanyu/Yuzu spin because its pretty much hasnt done before. I have been calling it that since and I think the only other person doing it is Daniel Grassl, and we all know who he got that from :hihi:

Same thought. Just writing "Yuzu" or "no. 3" without any reasons is equal to vote in the poll. I had the impression that some people did not even get that this survey is about spins in specific and not favorite skaters in general.

To be fair, I still think that basically every spin in LGC, Chopin or Otonal is stronger than this one, but it's unfair to compare SP and FS. Especially final spins after 7-8 jumping passes and +4:00 minutes full power. In that sense the final Seimei spin is a remarkable effort.

13 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Same thought. Just writing "Yuzu" or "no. 3" without any reasons is equal to vote in the poll. I had the impression that some people did not even get that this survey is about spins in specific and not favorite skaters in general.

To be fair, I still think that basically every spin in LGC, Chopin or Otonal is stronger than this one, but it's unfair to compare SP and FS. Especially final spins after 7-8 jumping passes and +4:00 minutes full power. In that sense the final Seimei spin is a remarkable effort.

exactly. I agree especially LGC's speed was out of this world. i always had to slow down when making gifs. also honorable mentions to requiem and notte stellata. and tbf, all of Yuzu's spins are really creative and purposeful. i even love that final spin in haru yo koi when he changed the spin three times to match the three final glissando (if i use this word right)

6 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

...of course he wants to repopulate Planet Hanyu as quickly as possible :hihi:

...though this got me wondering if one of his former coaches often did this to him (seems to me to be the case — or else this really is his personal quirk :68468287:)

I've been taking dance classes for many years, classical ballet as well as jazz dance. Our teachers often told us to imagine someone pulling us up by a bit of hair on top of our heads when doing pirouettes, plies etc., so that we'd keep our axis and the necessary tension and get a good posture. So, it's actually a balletic trick! :pouty:

30 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I've been taking dance classes for many years, classical ballet as well as jazz dance. Our teachers often told us to imagine someone pulling us up by a bit of hair on top of our heads when doing pirouettes, plies etc., so that we'd keep our axis and the necessary tension and get a good posture. So, it's actually a balletic trick! :pouty:

Balletic antennas :snpeace:

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I like Yuzu's the best, but Yuna's has less travel so in a TES sense, hers is probably better. However, his had more impact and significance in the program.