General Yuzuru Chat

Glad AC is in Oakville again. An easy drive for me from home!!! And traffic is even ok!! But, while it is also an easy drive for TCC participants, it is earlier than some might wish, like Yuzu. Who knows if he would be ready, although proximity to home might outweigh that... I will get tickets anyway. World class competitors, close by, and cheap... cannot beat that, for me. 

7 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Thank you yuzuangel. But this place has only one or two beds and they are all booked up already for the same dates from 10-14 September 2019.

I checked my previous addresses on booking.com where I stayed last year for ACI, they are all booked already for the same dates in September 2019. And those Homestays have many rooms each, but they are also not available on the dates of ACI 10-14 September 2019. Many hotels in Oakville are booked already.

What happens in Oakville?

We are not sure if Yuzuru will be there in ACI yet.

8 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Thank you yuzuangel. But this place has only one or two beds and they are all booked up already for the same dates from 10-14 September 2019.

I checked my previous addresses on booking.com where I stayed last year for ACI, they are all booked already for the same dates in September 2019. And those Homestays have many rooms each, but they are also not available on the dates of ACI 10-14 September 2019. Many hotels in Oakville are booked already.

What happens in Oakville?

We are not sure if Yuzuru will be there in ACI yet.

Some hotels only release their rooms 3 months before the date itself, so maybe that’s why everything appears to be booked. 

Someone tweet this to ISU plz, tbh I think the old bald leaders are so disconnected from the latest technology and standards in other sports they don't see what they can improve on.

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/183752140319/hi-alice-the-recent-events-lead-to-a-discussion

Even if it happens after Yuzu's era I think he'd be glad to have more accountability in the sports. I think the biggest turn off for this sports now seem to be the lack of objectivity in judging, that's why no one takes it seriously, when there's no obvious metric of what is more superior than the other. Well there is, but it's not enforced anyway. 

I think it's a vicious cycle, they probably will cite lack of resources for not implementing the changes, but it's precisely because of the lack of change that resources are not pouring in in the first place. When will they realise that what Yuzu brings to this sports is unusual, and they shouldn't take it for granted, or see it as a norm. 

14 hours ago, raebia said:

but is it me ore IS Yuzuru jumping more elegantly? And I am not talking about technical merits here, but about aestetics — Yuzurus jumps, they take my breath away, Nathans dont. 

Is it the costume? The height? It doesnt matter to me, but it is my deeply felt conviction, speaking as a laywoman in regards to figure skating:

I simply love Yuzuru jumping😊😊😊😊😊😊😊.

Yuzu's jumps are ethereal.

Ethereal

Extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Of or relating to the regions beyond the earth.

CELESTIAL, HEAVENLY.

UNWORLDLY, SPIRITUAL.

Marked by unusual delicacy or refinement.

Suggesting the heavens or heaven.

Cambridge Dictionary:

Light and delicate, especially in an unnatural way.

Extremely light and delicate, as if not of this world.

Hace 13 horas, sophiang said:

it is the most ideal one

but since 2014...he didnt get lower than silver in Worlds, what as athlete is that?!

Imagine how can you keep your competitive top form in the a long period.....who can do this?! :notamused:

yeah............i will accept he is alien........

2012 BROZE

2013 4th

---------------------

2014 GOLD

2015 SILVER

2016 SILVER

2017 GOLD

2018 WD

2019 SILVER

Well by logic we know what color will be in 2020 :graucho:

OMG this account really have incredible fanart

I know we moved on but I can't get Raf's description of the Pooh rain out of my head. Because I wonder, do people really think we do this to unsettle his competitors? When we know how he feels about good sportsmanship? We rain Poohs on him because we love him. It's about him, not anybody else. For many of us, if we love this sport, it's because he showed us what this sport could be. We love the sport despite all the problems with it because Yuzu showed us what it ought to be. We shower our adoration on him because of him. It's not strategy. It's sincere. It's as if so many people resent him for having shown exactly how high everybody should aim. 

If ISU stopped being dinosaurs and invested in tech support for judges, the one person who would not be negatively impacted is Yuzu. Maybe that's another reason why so many people seem to resent him. Figure skating is their expertise, things are supposed to be how they say they are. And here comes this beautiful alien who does what he does with it. I can understand why they resent him. They lost so much control over the sport because of him.