General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

According to my Google Translate version, it says he talked with speed skaters about their outfits because he was wondering if incorporating the materials and style in a FS costume would improve the speed at which he could turn. (I guess for jumps?) Yuzu the technical innovator....:gla:

Imagine getting to watch Yuzu perform in a speed skating unitard...:13877886:

...oops. replied before I saw the other translation. 

You know, it would probably be within the rules if Yuzu did a program telling the story of a speed skater- he'd have a reason to wear a speed skater's outfit then....bad @rockstaryuzu ! Bad! Down, girl!

27 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Sorry to interrupt this very scientific and important science discussion about science but I just noticed that the HYK costume has little silver stars/snowflakes hidden among the sparklies!

Ahhh, yes, yes, I agree ... very important discovery indeed. :graucho:

28 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Sorry to interrupt this very scientific and important science discussion about science but I just noticed that the HYK costume has little silver stars/snowflakes hidden among the sparklies!

You guys should give a close look of Otonal custom. We all know the King Origin has countless details...but when I zoomed out the Otonal custom picture, the only thing I can do is gasp.....

His costumes are beyond for sure- which I love love.  I think it has been pointed out that, especially during exhibitions, he stands out amongst a sea of button downs and regular street clothes of other male skaters.

What I find interesting is that he has pretty much worn the same style of clothes for a decade and still looks good and is still in style.  Partly cause his style is simple and youthful, but I think he also has a keen sense of what looks good on him.  We know he cares but he comes off as not really caring about his appearance off the ice. That's a very appealing characteristic.  Keep wearing those Armani V-necks Yuzu- it suits you.

14 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't know if the textile type would be amenable to attaching all the sparkly things Yuzu loves.

The sparkles aren't aerodynamic anyway... I think he'd have to settle for some metallic screen-printing applied to the surface.

Also, going back to the Kimono award... between Yuzu and the actress, Yuzu definitely wore it better.

I’m having an extremely bad day, in an extremely bad month at the end of a horrible year.  Sat down for a break and while I wouldn’t say my bad mood has gone this conversation about costumes has definitely taken the edge off my temper - my family would thank you if they knew so on their behalf  :thanks: