General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

I know Yuzu would say "Pooh's gone back to the forest if he's asked but this is nicer...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Also my question is how many non-Pooh plushies were thrown onto the ice and how many of them have been kept by Yuzu...? I wonder how many goats and nessies has he collected so far...:img_21:

10 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Btw, do we have "Yusheng" in our Yuzu names database? Because Google translate certainly thinks Yusheng is a fitting translation. :rofl:

Edit: I just realized, do they translate Hanyu as "feather"? :surprised:

Yusheng is the pronunciation of 羽生 in Mandarin.

羽 literally means feather

4 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

I believe "Hanyu" means "where feathers are born" (I love the meaning btw - and I guess it's another reason why Yuzu likes to put feathers on his costumes) and Google Translate also often translates "Yuzuru" as "knot" or "string". I just had to laugh at the "feathers are knotted in the mushroom head of the Plushenko style". 

A lot of chinese involves word play like that so I wouldn't be surprised if they did that on purpose XD 

Just now, Figure_Frenzy said:

I hope he took one of each plushie type :68468287: (...and perhaps Piglet as well? Lately some people threw him Piglet too :68468287:)

If he's got Piglet, I want him to have Eeyore as well! 

It seems a lot of Yuzu videos been taken down but lots and lots of new ones popping up every time I check YT.

This is fancam of HYK at Helsinki.

I love the sweet sakura fairy and its healing power. Miss you, Yuzu  :sadPooh:

Inna Goncharenko about Yuzuru: 

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/figurnoe-katanie-final-gran-pri-anons-mnenie-eksperta-raspisanie-prognoz-1486702/

Question: The absence of Yuzuru Hanyu might make the others think that it’ll be easier now?

Goncharenko: the absence of the leader might lead to others bombing. When everyone’s competing, everyone’s more focused. The healthy Hanyu would have been a hot favourite. His programs aren’t well practised right now, at the start of the season, but seeing them is like seeing Mona Lisa. He’s truly dedicated himself to FS, and he’s a real pro in every aspect. It’s so regretful he’s been injured. I wish him a quick recovery and come back to the competition.

42 minutes ago, Fay said:

Inna Goncharenko about Yuzuru: 

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/figurnoe-katanie-final-gran-pri-anons-mnenie-eksperta-raspisanie-prognoz-1486702/

Question: The absence of Yuzuru Hanyu might make the others think that it’ll be easier now?

Goncharenko: the absence of the leader might lead to others bombing. When everyone’s competing, everyone’s more focused. The healthy Hanyu would have been a hot favourite. His programs aren’t well practised right now, at the start of the season, but seeing them is like seeing Mona Lisa. He’s truly dedicated himself to FS, and he’s a real pro in every aspect. It’s so regretful he’s been injured. I wish him a quick recovery and come back to the competition.

That's an interesting thought.  As Yuzuru is injured,  I wonder if Javi was still competing if that would help to focus everyone more. It is only my personal opinion but Yuzuru, Javi, Patrick- they seemed to bring a bit of gravitas. Like when the senior members of your work group walk in and you think, "Ok, now we're going to get down to business."   

Javi needs to forget this retirement plan. LOL 

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I know Yuzu would say "Pooh's gone back to the forest if he's asked but this is nicer...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Also my question is how many non-Pooh plushies were thrown onto the ice and how many of them have been kept by Yuzu...? I wonder how many goats and nessies has he collected so far...:img_21:

He may keep a few but I think, with his love of children, he would want as many as possible to go to them.  The letters and individualised gifts he gets are another story...

When you consider everything he's won, earned and been given through his career, his storage room must be truly amazing.