General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

I don't think Yuzu is complete "shielded" from public contents about himself. In fact, he appears quite aware of them. For example, at the post-Olympics press conference in Japan, a journalist asked a question, and Yuzu recognized him and thanked him for an on-TV analysis of his skating the journalist did, saying that he have watched it. Also at the conference, when the host asked him about people saying Shoma could have won if he didn't fall, he said "I know a lot of people have being discussing this, and I'm sorry if some fans feel upset about it, but I can say that I was sure I would win the second I finished my program." 

And he has definitely seen many videos of himself on Youtube. I can't recall the name of the TV program, but in an interview he said he searches for his own performances online. Sometimes he watches the good ones to build images of jumps, and sometimes he look for fancams for a different angle.

I guess his team may shield him as much as possible from meaningless things like rumors made by tabloids. And he himself probably tries to ignore them, like he said in the 2016 documentary, "I want to be alone/lonely, so that I can stay away from distractions." But I think he's aware of all the debates of the skating world, his own public image on mainstream media, and stuff like that.

Nicely said. Guess I haven't done my research properly. Also I haven't seen many interviews with subtitles. Looks like I need to learn Japanese or use planet resources...

:happy0158:

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Remember last media day when Brian said Yuzu was ready for the Olympics already and Yuzu said he was only skating at 80% of his full potential? I think he must still have many things he wants to work on, though I wonder if he feels it necessary to do all that while competing. Besides 4A he also mentioned that he's still chasing his ideal skate and I think that's probably much more elusive than 4A.

I wonder what Yuzu at 100% looks like. 

in all fairness this memory could be a fever dream i concocted in the insanity after the 2017 Worlds FS but:

Spoiler

remember how he said after that skate that he thought he was skating at only 20-30%????????? ive been screaming ever since!!!!!!!

also he did say that didn't he???

Ah, so this year's magazine cover invasion is by a black T-shirt! I liked last year's white one better, since it went well with the trees in the background, but Yuzu in any color is amazing Yuzu! :grin: Since you  seem to be going for basic colors, Yuzu, maybe try  some basic gold next year? ;) 

And lmao Jack really is digging up Youtube for good fanyu videos isn't he?

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wonder what Yuzu at 100% looks like. 

My guess is with his "constantly evolve" mindset, we'll probably never hear "that's my 100%" from Yuzu. But when he feels satisfied he's achieved something (like winning a consecutive OGM lol) we may get to hear "it's 100% of me on this day!" 

12 minutes ago, salty said:

in all fairness this memory could be a fever dream i concocted in the insanity after the 2017 Worlds FS but:

Reveal hidden contents

remember how he said after that skate that he thought he was skating at only 20-30%????????? ive been screaming ever since!!!!!!!

also he did say that didn't he???

Spoiler

Yes he did, though I'm not sure if it was after worlds or WTT. Around the same time we were also shown 4Lutz footage and life size images of Yuzu doing 4A... the insanity of the pre-Olympic off season!!!

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wonderwhat Yuzu at 100% looks like

Like PC FS, only without injury or error, perhaps?

He has said on record that he was fully satisfied with his skates at Pyeongchang because he did everything he could do at the time and didn't feel like he left anything on the table in terms of effort or execution. but does fully satisfied = perfect skate, in his point of view? Probably not.

18 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I took excited:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Last season it would've been anxious but this season is different like there's no so much pressure, I'm just excited abt his programs, his costumes and his new, more relaxed attitude (I hope) lol

Euphoric lol