General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, micaelis said:

Does anybody know if they are going to televise the official practices?  If so, does anybody know when they are?

I assume you're talking about ACI? Skate Canada will live stream every practice and event on Dailymotion according to their FAQ.

I am a casual fan, but I must say I will feel sort of ....bereft....to see Mr. Hanyu without Javi around.  I know Javi is very happy and is doing great things with animal costumes :grin_clapping: but it just seems like Mr. Hanyu is the last man standing. (Not sure why I feel that way, but it's just a sense.)  Ah well, happy autumn everyone! 

1 hour ago, Whee1000 said:

I am a casual fan, but I must say I will feel sort of ....bereft....to see Mr. Hanyu without Javi around.  I know Javi is very happy and is doing great things with animal costumes :grin_clapping: but it just seems like Mr. Hanyu is the last man standing. (Not sure why I feel that way, but it's just a sense.)  Ah well, happy autumn everyone! 

I know, I already miss Javi and the season's barely started! - but it was somehow worse watching the media day and knowing he wasn't there. 

But, like with Yuzu, I still would prefer that they know the right time to go rather than stay and punish/damage their bodies or fight the slow slide down the ranks like so many do...

Random thoughts: Yuzu is now surrounded by new bloods. Almost all of his original skating buddies/competitors are now retired. I think this just proves how much he loves the sport for him to continue like this. He got nothing more to prove especially with his 2 OGM, yet here he is, still giving us something to look forward to in his skating career. 

4 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

Random thoughts: Yuzu is now surrounded by new bloods. Almost all of his original skating buddies/competitors are now retired. I think this just proves how much he loves the sport for him to continue like this. He got nothing more to prove especially with his 2 OGM, yet here he is, still giving us something to look forward to in his skating career. 

Guys,  he's only 23!! I know skaters have a limited lifespan in the sport, but not that limited! Yes, Yuzu's had injuries etc, but as long as he feels his body can handle it, I feel confident he's not going to quit anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Guys,  he's only 23!! I know skaters have a limited lifespan in the sport, but not that limited! Yes, Yuzu's had injuries etc, but as long as he feels his body can handle it, I feel confident he's not going to quit anytime soon. 

LOL because Yuzu always reminds the Japanese Media that he isn't that old. It's because he's been around the sport for so long without breaks. This is his 9th Senior year, and he has never had a season off, ever in his career. 
People get the impression he's ancient because he's never been off the spotlight since 2012, when he rose to the senior stage.

And considering Plushenko was like in his late 20s at Vancouver Olympics, I don't think Yuzu is old. If Yuzu really wants to compete as long as Plushenko, he could even skate at the team event in 2026 olympics, because Plu did that at 31, and pulled out of the singles event.