General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Jace93 said:

Hey guys, I just realized that in otonal all of Yuzu jumping passes were in the first half... Do you think it was a mistake or it's really intended to be this way?

Due to the rule change with having a 2/1 layout of the jumping passes, he probably realized that the 1.1 bonus on a poorly done combo isn’t worth the well done combo with +4 or 5. It makes sense.

15 minutes ago, Jace93 said:

Hey guys, I just realized that in otonal all of Yuzu jumping passes were in the first half... Do you think it was a mistake or it's really intended to be this way?

Not a mistake, he intended it that way. In the RT during practice, he did the same thing, so it's choreographed, at least for now, for all 3 passes to be in the first half.

Don't ask me why. I suppose there's the whole don't care about the scores bit, but on the other hand, he does want to win so.... 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So if you all listen closely to the screaming at the end of Otonal ACI, and after the marks  are announced, you can hear me and a few other satellites 🤣

That was everyone saying in the audience?  :68468287:

3 hours ago, Jace93 said:

When putting together his programs Yuzu doesn't make mistakes.  Besides, the last part of the music was not really music to jump to, more music to power a large number of stepping and choreographic moves jammed into a very short time.  Jeffrey has been responsible for so many of Yuzu's short programs over the years and we can see why here.  In putting together a program like this I think Yuzu is making it very clear he wants to skate for excellence and not for points, as he has implied in recent statements, and he is willing to skate out of the box in pursuing that goal.

13 時間前, Jace93さんが言いました:

Yuzuru replied in this interview (ACI of TV Asahi 2 version;  10:30) to that question as;

"This is more beautiful as the flow.  So, I think it may be OK to keep this way"

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

I'm a bit confused about this sentence - "Hanyu said he didn’t feel the music". Where did he say that? I've only seen the broadcast and the Asahi coverage, but don't remember him saying that in an interview, and doesn't sound like a very Yuzu thing to say. Although it was sort of a first pancake (albeit a very good one at that), it didn't really seem to me that he wasn't feeling it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:But maybe he did say that, I don't know. It just stood out as something that would have needed a source.

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

At first I read this thinking, yeah! Finally something definite about his physical condition, then I read it again and it's, "Hanyu says has no special injury problem. Right now, he seems to be injury free, Orser agreed." :crazyshit2:

I guess he would always say he has no problems physically if he can still jump, he is a tough athlete after all... But I've been worrying on and off that the pinky is some kind of distraction and this didn't help! Comparing pursuit of 4A with that of 4Lz just reminds me to keep praying for him :snonegai:

Also,

Spoiler

Way to go "fans" getting police called to the rink, ugh

4 分, glilikoiさんが言いました:

I'm a bit confused about this sentence - "Hanyu said he didn’t feel the music". Where did he say that? I've only seen the broadcast and the Asahi coverage, but don't remember him saying that in an interview, and doesn't sound like a very Yuzu thing to say. Although it was sort of a first pancake (albeit a very good one at that), it didn't really seem to me that he wasn't feeling it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:But maybe he did say that, I don't know. It just stood out as something that would have needed a source.

Maybe this one?

Plus;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgzwK2g27AI