General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Hi I heard from some news that Hanyu injured his finger about 1 and a half month ago. Does someone know anything about it?

Shoma had an injured hand (fell while running) but I haven't heard anything about Hanyu. Do you remember where you heard it?

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Shoma had an injured hand (fell while running) but I haven't heard anything about Hanyu. Do you remember where you heard it?

Someone in twitter. There are people said they learned it from FS magazine "number". 

6 hours ago, Geo1 said:

We should put a paper banner around the plushy Nessie:

"NESSIE"

THE LOCH NESS MONSTER

AKA QUAD AXEL

I'm new to this whole Nessie doll thing. What does it look like? Someone enlighten me! I'm getting Yuzu a pooh bear and Goat stuffie. I changed my mind. 

7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I think from this tweet...

The result of a hand down on a 4A landing, maybe? ^_^;

I know we panic over every mention of an injury, but the ligament of the second joint on his little finger is a bit much... I sprained my middle finger once when it decided to stop a basketball. It hurt and then it got ugly purple, black, green, yellow, but it was fine within days. It's even a bit crazy to me that they felt the need to mention it in an article, that a month and a half ago he - probably - sprained his pinkie...

7 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

There's nothing wrong with saying it!
Let me explain as I feel like this Nessie bit is kind of my fault. The reason why it is Nessie is not the monster part.

4A has always been so elusive, it's been 30 years now, but the 'myth' that it was possible has stuck around. Many people tried 'finding' it, or rather landing it, but it kept escaping them. There was no real proof that 'Nessie' existed. So when the whole thing got started, 4A became Nessie because it is that elusive monster jump, that Yuzuru would finally land and thus prove that Nessie exists. 

This is why Nessie fit so well.

Of course, the J fandom can easily throw Godzilla to signify just how 4A is a fab monster jump Zu 'caught'! It's also a great idea.

Exactly! And Nessie teases us with little glimpses, just like Yuzu.

2 hours ago, Anya said:

Wow that white shirt, maybe from a photoshoot from the latest media day? So where are the photos Japanese media???? :laughing:

Who organizes these? ANA? He's like a celebrity. Not many celebrities have personal photobooks published!

11 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Who organizes these? ANA? He's like a celebrity. Not many celebrities have personal photobooks published!

It only contains photos taken by Sunao Noto. So it's him and publisher. I don't think ANA has anything to do with it. 

7 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

has this been discussed? do we have more info?

I know we will figure a way around by using a VPN or something, but really, doing this after the Olympics when new fans just got into the sport sounds so counterproductive...

The ISU is always shooting itself in the foot. What is the rationale behind this? There probably is no rationale. Just a knee-jerk reaction to block everything. Instead of making the sport more inclusive, they are making it more exclusive. They will make it exclusive to the point of extinction.