General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

OK but what if they don't let us bring a giant stuffed animal into the arena? Our plan could be: I'll bring a deflated nessie and you guys all bring poohs. Then during one of the warmups, we'll stuff all the poohs into nessie. Voila, a giant nessie :D 

OMG THIS :smiley-laughing021:

13 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

So... minimum size goat 30cm so it'd be seen? My hand luggage won't handle more but anything smaller willl be undistinguishable.

But, what of Yuzu splats all over? Goats would be a bit ironic then. Poohs are safer because they're just a sign of love. :scratch3:

And and, throwing Nessie might look like putting a pressure on Yuzu? I don't know I don't know ...:panic:

Splat or not, Yuzu is still the GOAT so...:darklordyuzu: No one can take that away from him!

And a Nessie only means that we're looking forward to watching him make another of his smol mushroom Yuzu dreams come true :D

3 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

I know my comment on this should be ignored as unpopular.

But please allow me to say that for a Japanese Nessie is such a foreign creature living in a remote lake far away from Japan.  On the other hand, Godzilla, who has reportedly visited Japan many times in movies, is much more loved and awed for generations by Japanese, and there are cute plushies like these.

https://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/ゴジラ/201632/

Sorry, I feel out of place and am regretting saying that.

There's nothing wrong with saying it!
Let me explain as I feel like this Nessie bit is kind of my fault. The reason why it is Nessie is not the monster part.

4A has always been so elusive, it's been 30 years now, but the 'myth' that it was possible has stuck around. Many people tried 'finding' it, or rather landing it, but it kept escaping them. There was no real proof that 'Nessie' existed. So when the whole thing got started, 4A became Nessie because it is that elusive monster jump, that Yuzuru would finally land and thus prove that Nessie exists. 

This is why Nessie fit so well.

Of course, the J fandom can easily throw Godzilla to signify just how 4A is a fab monster jump Zu 'caught'! It's also a great idea.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

And a Nessie only means that we're looking forward to watching him make another of his smol mushroom Yuzu dreams come true :D

Only to discover that there is a whole Pandora box of smol mushroom Yuzu dreams just waiting for us :peek:

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

coughQuintcough

Hey it's just one more revolution. 

I'll see myself out.

I mean, Nessie has 4.5 rotations in air, and how many does 5T have? Probably just a quarter rotation more? He can get it done in the span of half a season!

*follows you out of the room* 

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I can see the articles the next day, "Japanese fans throw goats and Loch Ness Monsters for Hanyu - Pooh is nowhere to be seen"

Considering what I've seen landing on the ice over the years I can see quite a menagerie taking shape.  I've seen a large stuffed frog (Wind in the Willows perhaps) and a number of non-Pooh bears.  I once saw a brown bear landing near Yuzu when he was leaving the ice.  The bear was 2/3 the size of the boy who retrieved him.  I'm surprised we haven't seen any Tiggers yet.  All in all, though, this makes every skate of his as interesting right after as in the skating itself.  We never quite know what we might see plunging to the ice.  All we know is that there will be a lot of it, sometimes so much that one commentator suggested they put a blade on a zamboni and just plow the stuff off.  Even Javi commented one time saying he didn't like skating right after Yuzu because there was so much stuff they had to get off the ice.  Quite understandable.  They maybe should put Yuzu as the default last skater.