General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

:offtopic2:I've just realized something... how fitting that Yuzu will debut "Otoñal" on September 21st, the day autumn begins in Canada (and in the rest of the northern hemisphere)!
I guess that was part of his calculations too. :peek:

I'll be damned if I miss that live! I will cry my eyes out! 

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

There's a way to jump 3A in sequence and gain points in BV! (*continues to evangelize*) 3Lz3A sequence instead of 3A2T! It's 2 whole BV points more--the same as replacing 4Lo with 4A.

(Really, being able to replace 2T with a triple is worth about as much as adding a quad in some cases. Granted, replacing it with 3Lo would be better than an axel sequence, but for whatever reason men don't tend to jump loop combos.)

I think he'd rather replace 3Lo with 3F or 3Lz than doing 3lzSEQ, no matter the BV :laughing: it's much more consistent for him, so likely good GOE too and less risk of doing a mess (and he would avoid the risk of zayak he has right now with 4Lo and 3Lo) and he's never ever tried that kind of sequence asfaik :xD:

Spoiler

I think men usually don't go for -Lo combo because they have on average slower rotational speed and less sense of balance than ladies... and 2Lo isn't that much of a BV advantage on 2T, while 3Lo are very hard to not UR and can result in less clean landings and less flow out, hence lower GOE too...it isn't worth enough at the moment, plus the strain on their hips...of course, in a situation of otherwise maxed out BV like in ladies, then it would become worth it for men too...

Yuzuru tried -3Lo combo in gala practice but with low quality, even when he lands it, and he is among those with rotational speed that would likely make 3Lo possible

I know about Krashnozon having 3F?(or 3Lz?)3Lo iirc and his body type isn't Yuzu or Nathan-like, so kudos to him for being able to rotate and land it cleanly... but we'll see if he'll keep it going into senior, where he might want to focus on adding more quads instead...

54 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

:offtopic2:I've just realized something... how fitting that Yuzu will debut "Otoñal" on September 21st, the day autumn begins in Canada (and in the rest of the northern hemisphere)!
I guess that was part of his calculations too. :peek:

cosmic conspiracy or just crazy-level of planning?:darklordyuzu:

(tho I think this year equinox is on Sept 22th  in Canada whops...well, we can say Autum is waiting for Yuzu's permission to start, or that Summer wanted to have one competittive performance from him... think about that, barring WD Yuzuru will compete in Autumn, Winter and Spring. Poor summer got jealous Ci

Nessi looks nice...

I also have a question like can someone explain to me - there are many ice shows in Japan such as The Ice, Fantasy, others. As I am a relatively new fan I only noticed that usually someone is like a front runner of the show - for example Yuzu is basically the face of the FoI for recent years. And the Ice was Mao's domain, correct? But now it is Shoma's? Like is there any geographical divisions or why some skaters go to some shows only and don't go to others, like Dai went to the Ice prince but not to others. So in short, can someone break down to me all existing Japanese shows and who and why go there. Thank you so much! :loveshower:

29 minutes ago, Ager said:

Nessi looks nice...

I also have a question like can someone explain to me - there are many ice shows in Japan such as The Ice, Fantasy, others. As I am a relatively new fan I only noticed that usually someone is like a front runner of the show - for example Yuzu is basically the face of the FoI for recent years. And the Ice was Mao's domain, correct? But now it is Shoma's? Like is there any geographical divisions or why some skaters go to some shows only and don't go to others, like Dai went to the Ice prince but not to others. So in short, can someone break down to me all existing Japanese shows and who and why go there. Thank you so much! :loveshower:

There's a nice explanation about JPN ice shows here :68271262:

9 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I think Yuzu doesn't have the best track record of skating last. He does best when he skates first in the last group. I don't agree with this purely because I don't want Yuzu to always have the pressure of skating last put on him. It's unfair as well. 

I was just joking.  I realize that Yuzu prefers not to be the last one on the ice unless it's the last one to be called in a medal ceremony (if the gold is the last called, like they do in the Olympics).

1 hour ago, Yoa said:

And now it's deleted. It was nice to see but she probably uploaded it without permission :/ At least it wasn't anything that important

NOOOOOOO! I didn't get to see it! :angrypooh:

She will have quite an intense time in TCC for a few days. 

And how great is their "Yuzu-guard" that they found it so soon...

9 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

NOOOOOOO! I didn't get to see it! :angrypooh:

She will have quite an intense time in TCC for a few days. 

And how great is their "Yuzu-guard" that they found it so soon...

She probably was there only for summer camp. It ended on August 18. So the video wasn't really that new

11 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I'm going to RoC this season, and I want to throw a really big Pooh doll, but I can't find any where I live. I can only find a medium sized bear, but this time I want to throw a really big pooh bear because it is my first GP. Has anyone here thrown yuzu a really big pooh bear yet? And if so, how did you fit it in your carriage?
I want to throw a really, really big one before he retires. So if I can't find it this year, I will try for next year. I'm thinking about the size of like an average 3 year old size pooh bear. :knc_yuzu2:

Could you not buy one when you arrive?

Hace 14 horas, Rainbow said:

Thank you for your explanation.  I knew what Nessie was after having gone over some pages of older threads to get familiar with PH idioms. 

Actually people in Japan have been fascinated by occasional "alleged" Nessie sighting news, too.  So I'm sure Nessie will have a universal appeal and people will get the message.  Japanese love anything kawaii, after all.

I was feeling silly and lonely when I coulnd't understand about 'Nessie'.  It will be very interesting to see that....

8 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

The result of a hand down on a 4A landing, maybe? ^_^;

I know we panic over every mention of an injury, but the ligament of the second joint on his little finger is a bit much... I sprained my middle finger once when it decided to stop a basketball. It hurt and then it got ugly purple, black, green, yellow, but it was fine within days. It's even a bit crazy to me that they felt the need to mention it in an article, that a month and a half ago he - probably - sprained his pinkie...

His hands looked very fit in that video with the wooden doll...no signs of any problems...