General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Zu, sweetie, get a haircut, please! :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

Nah, he just needs to fluff it up a bit, then it's fine

I'm guessing it's the tv/magazine stylists who do his hair for photo shoots and official appearances so he doesn't really have a say in it :68468287:

Always the esthetic with them seems to be have it as flat as possible /sigh

50 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, the sempai skater Yuzu was with when the earthquake struck and who helped him get out of the building is also with Disney on Ice. It'd be really nice and sweet and special if he had been among those who did this show (though we'll probably never know, because I don't think they are allowed to reveal themselves...)

I guess the guy is Takumi Suenaga and we are talking about the same person. 

This is an excerpt from a local news show which includes an interview with the Ice Rink Sendai skaters and he was one of them.

It would be really nice if they and Yuzu had gotten together in this project...

4 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I guess the guy is Takumi Suenaga and we are talking about the same person. 

This is an excerpt from a local news show which includes an interview with the Ice Rink Sendai skaters and he was one of them.

It would be really nice if they and Yuzu had gotten together in this project...

Yep. That's him. Yuzu mentioned him by name in Aoi Honoo. Thank you for that clip! I hadn't seen it before!

And I knew Suzuki Mari sounded familiar! She was in this alongside Yuzu, too:

12 hours ago, SydneyH said:

wait wait , you know that the so called 'media day' has never been an official thing , it's called like this because of the mass of Japanese media going to TCC at the same time for a short period of time , there is nothing about any other country media . If russian , korean , american want their 'media day' then it's not necessarily the same day and a 'media day' is not even an obligation , it all began because there were just too much Japanese media that's all.

OK, thanks for the information.  I was wondering about the whole arrangement.  Things are clearer now.

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

@sweetwater Thank you for the translation!!!

Also, here's the full segment.

This is just one of the many reasons Yuzu received the People's Honor Award.  It was not just for his skating achievements but also for his outreach efforts to those who suffered from the quake, young children, the elderly, all manner of things he does.  He's much more than an athlete in Japan, actually somewhat like British royalty and there are responsibilities that come with that sort of fame.  He takes those responsibilities seriously, knowing that he has the power to influence many people, so he wants to make sure that his influence is positive and praiseworthy.  That's why he can pack the streets for a victory parade, pack the stands for an official practice and raise the ratings for a scheduled television appearance.  In Japan Yuzu is a moral exemplar, the kind of person one would want your daughter to marry or your son to be best friends with.