General Yuzuru Chat

On 8/2/2018 at 4:45 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

It would be awesome to have one by an English language channel, but I guess it's unlikely? God bless all the fans who toil to put English subtitles on the Japanese vids.

Maybe if he wins Worlds again, CBC or NBC might do a documentary of him? 

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Whatever programs he does at 24H, I will take a closer loot at his jump's condition and layout. Last year in a summer event (the one in the ice rink he skated to right after the Tohoku Earthquake, I don't remember the name of the city...) he did a 4T with the same entrance he did in Chopin. He already has his programs done, so I am 80% sure we will se some traces of the new programs there. 

Or maybe we won't need to search for clues there because in the meantime we will have already discovered programs and layout?? Oh, but the layout announcement last year was just a trolling scheme and totally hid from us the fact that he was bringing 4Lz to the yard... *head explodes* 

I'm not sure how indicative this will be this time, if it was indeed all filmed in between ice shows, before he left Japan. But you can be sure whatever he reveals about his new programs will not be the final versions lol (And 24HTV last year had nothing to do with the earthquake, so you might be remembering an older one? Last year was the asthma one.)

2 hours ago, valkyrie said:

does anyone know which interviews he talks about this in?

I remember that, too, but not the interview itself... I think was it maybe in Asaichi that he at least said he wanted the costume to be more feminine (which also implied he was more Juliet)? I'm not sure, though... The original POTO costume I think was also supposed to be both the Phantom (the red part) and Christine (the white part). The second one seemed mostly the Phantom, though.

And only slightly related, but I remember about H&L he said he asked Shae to teach him more lady-like moves (I guess since the music required that kind of grace). So Yuzu cares little about gender boundaries and I love that about him.

And I'm surprised by the reactions to TFTT costume... the flowers are a bit much - I'm female and wouldn't wear that, but to be honest, I wouldn't wear some other of his stuff, either, including HYK lol - but overall, I like it... I think it hugs his body really nicely, though admittedly, I haven't watched the program as much as others. However, it does seem he's skated to it in the white shirt, too, so you might get lucky lol

37 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Maybe if he wins Worlds again, CBC or NBC might do a documentary of him? 

That'd be awesome. Sometimes during the Olympics, CBC will do short documentary fluff pieces about big-name foreign athletes to go along with their coverage of the Canadian teams and of the sports, but in recent years their budget has been kind of lean so it seems like they've stopped doing that. 

But to tell you to the truth, I'm surprised they haven't done a full-on Brian Orser/TCC doc for the Passionate Eye (and covered Yuzu in that). It's such a Canadian story in every regard. It's exactly the kind of thing that fits their mandate. 

As for NBC, expecting an American station to cover non-American athletes at any point in time is a stretch. It's just not what their audiences are after as far as I can tell. 

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That'd be awesome. Sometimes during the Olympics, CBC will do short documentary fluff pieces about big-name foreign athletes to go along with their coverage of the Canadian teams and of the sports, but in recent years their budget has been kind of lean so it seems like they've stopped doing that. 

But to tell you to the truth, I'm surprised they haven't done a full-on Brian Orser/TCC doc for the Passionate Eye (and covered Yuzu in that). It's such a Canadian story in every regard. It's exactly the kind of thing that fits their mandate. 

As for NBC, expecting an American station to cover non-American athletes at any point in time is a stretch. It's just not what their audiences are after as far as I can tell. 

Hmm.. I do think NBC will cover Yuzu at some point or another if he continues to get amazing results whilst competing because isn't Figure Skating on the rise in USA as well due to Nathan Chen doing so well in the Men's? They seem to take more interest in him nowadays (with the ESPN coverage too). Anyway I do hope for more foreign documentaries on Yuzu from the Western Media. He is the angel of figure skating and it would be a missed opportunity for any networks to pass a documentary opportunity whilst he competes! 

2 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Hmm.. I do think NBC will cover Yuzu at some point or another if he continues to get amazing results whilst competing because isn't Figure Skating on the rise in USA as well due to Nathan Chen doing so well in the Men's? They seem to take more interest in him nowadays (with the ESPN coverage too). Anyway I do hope for more foreign documentaries on Yuzu from the Western Media. He is the angel of figure skating and it would be a missed opportunity for any networks to pass a documentary opportunity whilst he competes! 

Well, don't forget that they also have to get access to him, to get footage, or an interview. And considering how much the Japanese media covers him, that might be difficult, just on account of there's only so much of Yuzu's time to go around. 

8 hours ago, Rainna said:

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's the problem for me. I mean, the Ballade costume has a similar colour and it's so beautiful. I think it's just the general design with the tons of ruffles, flowers and all :laughing:

See, I don't like the Ballade costume at all. I feel it does nothing for Yuzu. I guess I'm just generally not a fan of lighter blues...and to my eye he looks better in the darker colours or in white. 

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

And I'm surprised by the reactions to TFTT costume... the flowers are a bit much - I'm female and wouldn't wear that, but to be honest, I wouldn't wear some other of his stuff, either, including HYK lol - but overall, I like it... I think it hugs his body really nicely, though admittedly, I haven't watched the program as much as others. However, it does seem he's skated to it in the white shirt, too, so you might get lucky lol

TFTT costume isn't my favorite, but not because of the adornments.  I think the biggest problem is the color, especially where it goes kind of translucent around the sleeves.  My favorites will always be Etude, Chopin, and H&L... obviously I have a thing for blue ombre.

I just saw a random tweet that said that Yuzu signed a Phiten sleeping capsule. I'm glad Yuzu is so loyal to phiten haha. Bought the same Phiten necklace as Yuzu and have been wearing it for more than 6 months now, and I must say I think I haven't felt any effects of what it claims it will do. The blue marble necklace probably puts Yuzu to ease, but for me, I don't physically feel it's healing effects on my body strongly enough to notice it.