General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, TallyT said:

You could be right, my memory is somewhat dodgy at the best of times.  Maybe someone else knows.

I can't find the clip again that mentions the topic, I must admit it may have been in reference to one of the other costumes - in my mind, it was a clip either about the Zig or the RJ2 costume...we need our resident clip-finders' help I think!

I blame my poor memory on having attempted to digest this whole thread since PC started - everything just blurs together and I can only remember random tidbits of info.

8 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I am now mentally picturing the dear boy's face if he was faced with weetbox and vegemite on toast first thing in the morning (or indeed anytime):surprised:

:english1::8: 

I think these would sum it up: I would not be surprised if his reaction was similar to the time he was unexpectedly told (after the press conference had started) that he would "take questions in English first".

I seem to recall he has been recorded to say that he's not a fan of non-Japanese food! There was an interview about foods he likes; again, I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that clip and will need help!

With all these Aussie reference - it reminds me of his first-class gift ticket from ANA. I wonder if he and his family would come to Australia? (Seems like a reasonable destination: far enough from the media hype, common vacation spot for Japanese, and long enough flight to enjoy first class). 

Anyway, if he does come I won't stalk, but would love to know where he goes (or if he likes Melbourne better than Sydney, lol). 

Ok, totally OT... 

9 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I am now mentally picturing the dear boy's face if he was faced with weetbox and vegemite on toast first thing in the morning (or indeed anytime):surprised:

Alright - my mission: The first competition of Yuzu that I see live, I will throw a Weetbix box on the ice. 

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Is this representative to what he eats on a regular basis (during training?). If so, I'm SO glad I don't have to prepare meals for him, that's a lot of effort for breakfast AND lunch (FYI: I have avocado and black beans on toast with a glass of milk for breakfast  - I think it's quite good, from both a time and nutrition stand point). 

15 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

I seem to recall he has been recorded to say that he's not a fan of non-Japanese food! There was an interview about foods he likes; again, I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that clip and will need help!

What if the non-Japanese food in question has tomatoes on/in it? :tomato:

40 minutes ago, TallyT said:

That brekkie makes my vegemite on toast and 2 cups of nescafe look sad.....

I see your brekkie and raise you my Nespresso latte, piece of dry toast and the remainder of my kid's half eaten Eggo waffle :P

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

That looks delicious! Wonder if he finished everything? His meals were servings of everything in those photos right? I guess the actual portions sizes are a bit smaller than they appear in the photos? 

*I also doubt his digestion being that slow, since as an athlete his resting metabolism can't be super slow. I was thinking more the reverse-that perhaps his body doesn't always fully absorb everything he eats-most of the guys I know who are like this are super lean, and generally light eaters

Just finished watching "Onmyoji" on TV.  Still every piece of music reminds me of Yuzuru's Olympic scenes :10636614:

Now I'm watching "Prince Ice World 2018 - Yokohama" (BS Japan)

A happy day today <3  Sorry for OT.

Wishing this happiness will continue to the next week.

I'm still laughing at Ajinomoto being Yuzu's "nutrition brand" :smiley-laughing021:

(For those of you who don't get it, Ajinomoto is widely considered to be unhealthy in Asia. Like I've always been warned to avoid ajinomoto)

6 minutes ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

Too much MSG is just... bad. :slinkaway:

You can taste when something has Ajinomoto in it.... my tongue feels funny and I get really thirsty...... and it just doesn't taste as good as the real depth of flavour from cooking it properly. But it is an easy quick flavour boost.... 

Hmm, I've been hearing in recent years, scientific studies have been unable to confirm the supposed negative effect of MSG to the general population. I mean, if it is truly harmful, it would have been outrightly banned worldwide. It seems like the bad rep it got might not be fully justified.

In any case, too much of anything usually end badly. Too much salt is not good for hypertension-prone individual, and absolutely yucky for people who doesn't like the salty taste. I grew up with a grandma who put a pinch of ajinomoto in any soupy food she made. I never felt any different eating those compare to eating her other food. 

Also, Ajinomoto is a company producing many different food-related product. As such, surely they do extensive research on the field. I am sure the food they provide Yuzu is the best and most suitable for him.

16 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Continues Ci

*on their way to meet the dude that's trying to steal zazura's Axel*

Yuzu: dad don't forget to be intimidating okay, that person was making fun of my level 3 stsq 

Brian: He messed with stsq as well?!, YUZU HOLD THE POOH

Tracy somewhere in the back: BOTH OF YOU GET BACK HERE

lol I had nothing better to do :smiley-laughing021:

"Hold the Pooh":rofl:

Can someone please add this to the translations spreadsheet? I'm kinda iffy doing it myself, I feel like I'd mess it up or something. 

And also this one, though it isn't subbed yet. Please do share if you have a translation. Thank you! 

I think these are from @ElenaC? Thank you as always!