General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Sorry for double posting.

I'm watching ladies SP as well now. And I did start watching men's FS when I first clicked (that was actually from Patrick's performance) and finished watching Yuzu's victory run about 20mins ago or so...it was Aussie channel 7 version (I actually live in Australia)

That's strange but the live streaming is different depending on the location??

Another Australian resident to add to the pile! :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Rainna said:

I'm actually not sure who exactly this is, but it's the same as in the replays on the Olympic Channel's website, like here: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/yuzuru-hanyu-jpn-gold-medal-mens-free-skating/ (I hope THIS at least is the same for everyone... :laughing:). But I don't think it's NBC? Enlighten me if I'm wrong. :biggrin:

It's Belinda Noonan, the Australian commentator, though I think her commentary was broadcast in Europe and America on some channels, iirc. :)

14 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Sorry for double posting.

I'm watching ladies SP as well now. And I did start watching men's FS when I first clicked (that was actually from Patrick's performance) and finished watching Yuzu's victory run about 20mins ago or so...it was Aussie channel 7 version (I actually live in Australia)

That's strange but the live streaming is different depending on the location??

I'm thinking it might be definitely based on location. I'm in the states. Do you have an actual TV channel aside from online?  

9 minutes ago, Rainna said:

I'm actually not sure who exactly this is, but it's the same as in the replays on the Olympic Channel's website, like here: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/yuzuru-hanyu-jpn-gold-medal-mens-free-skating/ (I hope THIS at least is the same for everyone... :laughing:). But I don't think it's NBC? Enlighten me if I'm wrong. :biggrin:

You are correct that it's not NBC, it's the Aussie lady.  But on the plus side, I just checked listings for figure skating and the 4K broadcast from  Olys on NBC is still on there through August!  Guess I need to bug Comcast for that 4K box after all!  Seeing Seimiei and Chopin at their most clear and sparkly is something we ALL deserve.

25u4ah0.jpg 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Another Australian resident to add to the pile! :biggrin:

It's Belinda Noonan, the Australian commentator, though I think her commentary was broadcast in Europe and America on some channels, iirc. :)

Oh are you also Australian resident then? Yes Belinda's commentary was not bad (I liked her 'liquid gold' expression) but this Olympics camera work for figure skating was poor. :13877886: 

I was so disappointed that they shot Yuzu's Bielleman on CLOSE UP! :3:

They should have studied his EX performance before hand. No I'm not accepting your apology Olys! :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

9 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Oh are you also Australian resident then? Yes Belinda's commentary was not bad (I liked her 'liquid gold' expression) but this Olympics camera work for figure skating was poor. :13877886: 

They should have studied his EX performance before hand. No I'm not accepting your apology Olys! :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

Yup, I'm Australian! :biggrin: I was so surprised to find there were others. I think we're up to at least 6 now. :biggrin:

:facepalm: And they shot that glorious choreo sequence with the face of pure joy from behind! Thank goodness for the alternate angles from NBC and Japanese news networks! I couldn't believe the camera work for CiONTU, though! Both biellmanns I saw were close-up, panning up but didn't even reach the top before he'd finished. Surely they should have put extra care into something like that. Hopefully the May broadcasts are a little better. :)

20 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yes, Belinda Noonan! I'm sorry to keep calling her the Aussie lady (her name was escaping me), but she is wonderful.  One of my favorites is how she says "what an outstanding short program!"  She was breathless.  I wish we could hear from her year round.  I preferred NBC's camera work by far. I need to take the NBC versions and overlay it with other commentary.  

I remember being at the Olys watching his SP and you could hear a pin drop. And when he did his first sit spin a guy in my section with the press said "wooooow". It really was glorious though. 

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yup, I'm Australian! :biggrin: I was so surprised to find there were others. I think we're up to at least 6 now. :biggrin:

:facepalm: And they shot that glorious choreo sequence with the face of pure joy from behind! Thank goodness for the alternate angles from NBC and Japanese news networks! I couldn't believe the camera work for CiONTU, though! Both biellmanns I saw were close-up, panning up but didn't even reach the top before he'd finished. Surely they should have put extra care into something like that. Hopefully the May broadcasts are a little better. :)

Well we've got the geological advantage in terms of time zone with Japan so as long as the activities are happening in Japan, we can enjoy it in real time.

The camera work for CiONTU was supposed to be done by TV Asahi. I remember in my viewing experience of Yuzu's Etude 2011 Rostelecom Cup Asahi broadcast version, the camera either followed his legs/arms or got really close to his face/head... I sometimes wonder if the cameraman casually shot whatever he liked and just broadcasted that without editing or was it actually been selected from few different shots to be shown as the best angle? I believe it is like figure skating itself, camera work for fs needs to have technical skills as well as artistic ability.