General Yuzuru Chat

1 時間前, BWOZWaltzさんが言いました:

Yuzu said he performed better when he's injured. That may be true but he has to create the same mindset without getting actually injured!!:13877886:

That's exactly what I thought, too :laughing: And he seems he is trying very hard to do that but difficult for him, I didn't translate those parts because I don't think I can do the right translation. I hope gradi will save us :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And the original sentence by Yuzuru to Valentina was "わかっています。大丈夫です。”, so it can also be translated in other ways.

1 minute ago, yude said:

That's exactly what I thought, too :laughing: And he seems he is trying very hard to do that but difficult for him, I didn't translate those parts because I don't think I can do the right translation. I hope gradi will save us :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And the original sentence by Yuzuru to Valentina was "わかっています。大丈夫です。”, so it can also be translated in other ways.

@yudethank you for your translation - how else can you interpret Valentina’s words? 

2 分, Fayさんが言いました:

@yudethank you for your translation - how else can you interpret Valentina’s words? 

I tried to translate Valentina's words literally, I think she was joking of course :biggrin: And Yuzuru said, "I know, you'll be fine (since I will not take him away from you)".

43 minutes ago, Rainna said:

That's weird - the last time they actually did broadcast FS all weekend on the Olympic Channel (I watched quite a bit of it then) and it seems it's also on this time, men's FS is just about to end (sorry for the late heads up, only just managed to catch up with the thread :facepalm:). 

I remember it was an hour of coverage where we only saw the top 6 performances from PC. But they replayed worlds in its full or near full entirety. 

And as of now they are showing curling and have been showing curling. 

3 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I remember it was an hour of coverage where we only saw the top 6 performances from PC. But they replayed worlds in its full or near full entirety. 

And as of now they are showing curling and have been showing curling. 

I'm watching ladies' SP as we speak, no curling :laughing:

For clarity, I'm talking about the online broadcast here: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/channel/olympic-channel/. Maybe it's dependent on location? Although that would be weird...

1 minute ago, Rainna said:

For clarity, I'm talking about the online broadcast here: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/channel/olympic-channel/. Maybe it's dependent on location? Although that would be weird...

My online shows the same as my tv, which is curling (makes sense because I have to log in to my cable provider to get access).  I SOOOOOO prefer skating >_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>.  Question, is it NBC commentary and camera angles or was it the Aussie lady? 

1 hour ago, yude said:

59 minutes ago, Fay said:

48 minutes ago, yude said:

I tried to translate Valentina's words literally, I think she was joking of course :biggrin: And Yuzuru said, "I know, you'll be fine (since I will not take him away from you)".

「大丈夫です」can be translated to 'You're fine' or 'I'm fine' or 'That's fine' and  in Japanese, it can be used without needing the subject (I, You, or this/that/it). And Yuzu in this case  must meant as @yude translated. But since Yuzu must have been talking to Valentina in English, what were the actual words that Yuzu said in English? The original conversation between the two in English that's been translated into Japanese then being translated back to English... Has something got lost in translation somewhere?

25 minutes ago, Rainna said:

24 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

My online shows the same as my tv, which is curling (makes sense because I have to log in to my cable provider to get access).  I SOOOOOO prefer skating >_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>.  Question, is it NBC commentary and camera angles or was it the Aussie lady? 

Sorry for double posting.

I'm watching ladies SP as well now. And I did start watching men's FS when I first clicked (that was actually from Patrick's performance) and finished watching Yuzu's victory run about 20mins ago or so...it was Aussie channel 7 version (I actually live in Australia)

That's strange but the live streaming is different depending on the location??

10 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I'm actually not sure who exactly this is, but it's the same as in the replays on the Olympic Channel's website, like here: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/yuzuru-hanyu-jpn-gold-medal-mens-free-skating/ (I hope THIS at least is the same for everyone... :laughing:). But I don't think it's NBC? Enlighten me if I'm wrong. :biggrin: