General Yuzuru Chat

hace 35 minutos , SparkleSalad said:

I really, really don't understand that art. It doesn't capture any of his flow or movement or grace. I'm not sure what the point of it is. 

tbh there are lots of awesome fanart that is way better than this :slinkaway:

I think it also depends on what his rehabilitation implies. If he does do on ice rehabilitation, then he might be able to skate, if he skips jumps - which he can - and maybe avoid other moves potentially dangerous for his ankle. By end of May it might be ok to do so, if he's careful... We'll see...

8 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

I have found my daily dose of tea.... :coffeebath:

Maybe this should be taken to the General Skating Chat for further talk, but this is an interesting point because judges had no issues with NOT establishing a level playing field in the ladies (where Evgenia was winning with very big margins) until very recently (with Zagitova's push in PCS). So it's interesting the contrast with the men, which I think is due to the men being far less consistent and the big pushes in BV, so leveling the playing field is easier. Then there's the fact Yuzu wasn't able to capitalize on his NHK/GPF 2015 runaway wins when he lost in Boston and started slowly in the 2016-2017 season (partly due to injury, partly due to the harder technical content in men that doesn't allow for much consistency). However, the PCS increase in men also is slower than in the ladies, because men are a mess most of the time.

56 минут назад, Syless Jinx сказал:

After 2 years I finally found a video where Zhenya says Yuzu is her idol :)

(5:10)

Have more (1.05.44)! This is from last year Russian press conference. The question was: "Skating of which man skater inspires you the most?" Eteri answered for Zhenya because she already knew her answer beforehand. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:Znenya laughed and said that: "this is already useless to hide". 

4 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

I entered an art competition with submissions of yuzu fanart and I got into the final round :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

(but well I don't think I'll proceed anymore haha, just realised it's another country)

It's amazing! Congratz. Yuzu inspires arts everywhere :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: