General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

I know that some time after Sochi they went to uploading a new video from the Sochi olympics once a day, calling it 365+ or something along those lines. As Bilge said, it's to keep the channel alive. 

so they saved the best for last:LOL:     

seriously though i hope they won't this time

41 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

I know that some time after Sochi they went to uploading a new video from the Sochi olympics once a day, calling it 365+ or something along those lines. As Bilge said, it's to keep the channel alive. 

If that's so then people running the Olympics channel are inept. Social media is all about timeliness and relevancy. That's not how you get engagement and views.

They should spend some more time actually researching each Olympic sport and keeping the channel active by uploading educational videos without amateur mistakes in them.

:waffle:

13 hours ago, MrPudding said:

:english1:

I think it would not be particularly surprising if Yuzu has actually been working on the 4A off and on for the last several years, probably during the summer break.  The thing is, Yuzu is the Axel King, the one whose 3A is the benchmark for that particular jump.  With his trademark entry and his choice of exits from it he can figure that he'll get maximum GOEs whenever he does it, plus a bit of a boost in the judges' PCS sentiments.  I remember seeing a conversation amongst some skating commentators, can't remember precisely which network, when they were speculating about the elusive 4A and all of those involved said it would be Yuzu who would be the first to achieve it, their opinions I surmise based on his almost superhuman command of the 3A.  I would not be surprised if Yuzu premieres the 4A in the upcoming season.  He has already stated that the 4A is his top priority right now and I feel intuitively that he would not have said that without being close to achieving it already.  Perhaps before the fall last autumn he already was doing it on the training ice, just not confident enough about it to insert it into competition.  It would not surprise me if he was using his working on the 4Lz to mask his more important work on the 4A.  That would keep the hordes of speculators distracted.  With his missing the WC this year I have a feeling he wants to do something spectacular to capture the spotlight as he returns to the ice as a fully recovered competitor, and what would be more spectacular than to put forward a pair of programs in which ALL six of the quad jumps are utilized?  That would certainly tell the figure skating world that Yuzuru Hanyu is back and once again in charge.

3 hours ago, micaelis said:

I think it would not be particularly surprising if Yuzu has actually been working on the 4A off and on for the last several years, probably during the summer break.  The thing is, Yuzu is the Axel King, the one whose 3A is the benchmark for that particular jump.  With his trademark entry and his choice of exits from it he can figure that he'll get maximum GOEs whenever he does it, plus a bit of a boost in the judges' PCS sentiments.  I remember seeing a conversation amongst some skating commentators, can't remember precisely which network, when they were speculating about the elusive 4A and all of those involved said it would be Yuzu who would be the first to achieve it, their opinions I surmise based on his almost superhuman command of the 3A.  I would not be surprised if Yuzu premieres the 4A in the upcoming season.  He has already stated that the 4A is his top priority right now and I feel intuitively that he would not have said that without being close to achieving it already.  Perhaps before the fall last autumn he already was doing it on the training ice, just not confident enough about it to insert it into competition.  It would not surprise me if he was using his working on the 4Lz to mask his more important work on the 4A.  That would keep the hordes of speculators distracted.  With his missing the WC this year I have a feeling he wants to do something spectacular to capture the spotlight as he returns to the ice as a fully recovered competitor, and what would be more spectacular than to put forward a pair of programs in which ALL six of the quad jumps are utilized?  That would certainly tell the figure skating world that Yuzuru Hanyu is back and once again in charge.

In support of your theory, I remember a recent interview where Brian said Yuzu had been working on the 4A with the harness last year. The harness guy even said there were some attempts where he didn't have to do anything. I think Yuzu is pretty darn close.