General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

What's unexpected for me is how much the US media portrayed Nathan as a Gold Medal favorite just because he won all his events this season. Yes he won it all, against a depleted field. He beat Yuzu in his first GP event, early in the season when Yuzuru tends to keep the 2 Silver trend a year alive. He won the GPF against the sQUAD with no Yuzuru or Javi in sight. Despite his repertoire of Quads, Nathan never medaled in the World Championship, yet somehow he's the sure fire bet?

Edit: I just realized I was talking about Nathan in Yuzuru's chat thread. SORRY!

Going back to Yuzuru, I don't think he's ever indicated that he was aiming for all Quads. Brian's put his foot down on Quad Flip and I really think Yuzuru is more focused on his childhood goal of 4 Axel, regaining his 4 Loop and Lutz, and healing fully. He doesn't need 4 Flip at all. I'm assuming his reduced jumping pass FP will be:

4 Axel

4 Lutz

---- 2nd half

4 Sal x 3 Toe

4 Toe-loop-3 Sal

Maybe 4 Loop or moved to 1st half, but he seems to want to keep 3 quads in second half.

3A x 2 toe

3 A

hi. just wanna ask something. i thought the rule will change by next season and they can only do the same jumping pass once. like, he can no longer do two 3As and two quad jump of similar type with that rule? 

:2: 

Yuzuru just won the Olympics, injured, with just 4T and 4S, by 10.95 points.

He doesn't need to prove anything.

He doesn't need the 4F. He'll probably get his 4Lo back, maybe try 4Lz again or go for 4A.

If by 2022 he has 4T, 4S, 4Lo and 4A ... like .... that's enough because skaters are out there with 6 quad free programs still 4 points shy of what Yuzuru can achieve with 3.

He's a smart guy with a good team. All he needs to do is heal and do as much as he can to avoid future injuries and do whatever he wants because no one knows what Yuzuru needs better than him. tbh. 

1 minute ago, ainjxx said:

hi. just wanna ask something. i thought the rule will change by next season and they can only do the same jumping pass once. like, he can no longer do two 3As and two quad jump of similar type with that rule? 

they are cutting a jump pass but the repetition rule will be unchanged as far as i know. guess we'll see when the rule changes are released.

4 minutes ago, ainjxx said:

No? Where did you even read that? :laughing:

Edit: rules changes are eliminating one jumping pass and 30s off the FS. Everything else is related to the new -5/+5 scale of GOE. That's it. Probably some other subtle rewording on rules too, as usual. Nothing quite so drastic as ruining layout's BV so much. 

Edit 2: and possibly lowering quad BV.

7 minutes ago, xeyra said:

No? Where did you even read that? :laughing:

Edit: rules changes are eliminating one jumping pass and 30s off the FS. Everything else is related to the new -5/+5 scale of GOE. That's it. Probably some other subtle rewording on rules too, as usual. Nothing quite so drastic as ruining layout's BV so much. 

Edit 2: and possibly lowering quad BV.

oh really? perhaps i'm just hallucinating 😂😂😂 i thought i've read it somewhere on tumblr last year 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

they are cutting a jump pass but the repetition rule will be unchanged as far as i know. guess we'll see when the rule changes are released.

ah.  i thought i've read something abt it last year on tumblr or maybe at fb group but maybe i just got it wrong xD

56 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Sometimes when even his fans talk about him, I feel like I'm watching the real life figure skating life story version of this ad. Shifting goal posts, like... Not even subtle anymore.

Hide contents

Well if tall grasses start growing on ice when he goes into a 3A, I guess we know what's going on-"Shifting goalposts!" for the length and size of his axels.

Speaking of which, I hope that goalpost doesn't get into his potential future coaching  or his potential professional shows etc. :facepalm: He already does a lot in his shows, with some *special combos* tried out in shows.

35 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well if tall grasses start growing on ice when he goes into a 3A, I guess we know what's going on-"Shifting goalposts!" for the length and size of his axels.

Speaking of which, I hope that goalpost doesn't get into his potential future coaching  or his potential professional shows etc. :facepalm: He already does a lot in his shows, with some *special combos* tried out in shows.

You heard that growl at the end of that? That's me at just the mention of shifting goalposts at ice shows. 

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

You heard that growl at the end of that? That's me at just the mention of shifting goalposts at ice shows. 

Let me join you in that...though I might have to resign to eyerolling.  I can lend a german shepard to join you in the growling too.

Still..tall grasses growing on ice rinks....

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Let me join you in that...though I might have to resign to eyerolling.  I can lend a german shepard to join you in the growling too.

Still..tall grasses growing on ice rinks....

We'd need flash-freezing of an overgrown pond. Shoma would get lost. And not notice and fall asleep. Boyang could probably jump high enough to find his way out. Yuzu might go into one with nature, felt like the wind and water H&L state.

I'm not even sleep-deprived anymore, I have no excuse, it's just my brain.

3 hours ago, wingman said:

I was watching Yuzu's Asaichi interview, where they chatted about the blue bird on this R+J costume.

He seems to hint that it's his designer signature (but didn't reveal it). Wonder who that might be..?

Edit: I'm cross-posting on the Costume thread, so as to not distract the passionate chat about 3A/4A/new rules etc that follows...

Well, the designer is Johnny Weir, but I'm not sure if he meant Johnny by those comments... He was being quite mysterious about it lol

31 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

as I said, watch this brand rise in sales :P

I am actually quite surprised that the winner of the bid made the news, since the bidders who won the boots/marathon shirt/other Yuzu auctioned stuff from past years was not known to public, right? (or maybe they just opted to be anonymous)? Because I think Samantha Thavasa really did hit the jackpot there :laughing: or maybe the owner/most of the staffs are just bigggggggg fanyus :P :laughing:

Well, we know that anything associated with Yuzu (whether he officially endorses them or not) gets a sales boost - like his face mask. Samantha Thavasa probably knew that and hit the jackpot but also, it's for charity as well so it's a win-win situation for them.

RE: 4F or 4A or whatever. This will probably not bode well for Brian's hair but... just let him do whatever he wants. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: I know with the off-season and him in ninja mode we can't help but try to predict what he's going to do next with his layout and the new rules but I sort of feel like just letting him do what he wants. hahaha..