General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Wow, I disagree so much.

Staying at the top for over four years after winning a first OGM to then win a second OGM - how can that ever be considered a fluke? He's still top of the ISU world rankings, where has has been for years! The top-ranked skater who holds all world records won his second OGM (while injured) - that would be a completely new definition of fluke. If it hadn't been for the injury and US media, it would've been the expected norm. 

Also, he will have seven jumping passes in his free skate soon. He does not need a 4F for an all-quad-3A programme. Also, a 4A would be a good starter to not have his second OGM taken as fluke? The 4A is the jump that has never been seen. The 3A is currently the jump that is not often seen from the quadsters. A 4A is not a starter for anything, it's the huge climax. 

Sigh...of course Yuzu should've won more senior B's this season, that's the only way for your OGM to not be seen as a fluke, obviously :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Sigh...of course Yuzu should've won more senior B's this season, that's the only way for your OGM to not be seen as a fluke, obviously :rolleyes:

The headliner only turns up for the main event. :biggrin: 

Just now, MrPudding said:

lets not forget how he'll introduce 4A whether it's a spread eagle sandwich or twizzles palooza 

The spread eagle sandwich is probably one of his easier axel setups and exits now! Very Extra.

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Reminds me of all the declarations of how "Unexpected!" the men's event was. Yes, the 2x world champion and reigning world and olympic champion, the reigning world silver medalist, and the 2x world champion of the last quad was a surprising podium...

What's unexpected for me is how much the US media portrayed Nathan as a Gold Medal favorite just because he won all his events this season. Yes he won it all, against a depleted field. He beat Yuzu in his first GP event, early in the season when Yuzuru tends to keep the 2 Silver trend a year alive. He won the GPF against the sQUAD with no Yuzuru or Javi in sight. Despite his repertoire of Quads, Nathan never medaled in the World Championship, yet somehow he's the sure fire bet?

Edit: I just realized I was talking about Nathan in Yuzuru's chat thread. SORRY!

Going back to Yuzuru, I don't think he's ever indicated that he was aiming for all Quads. Brian's put his foot down on Quad Flip and I really think Yuzuru is more focused on his childhood goal of 4 Axel, regaining his 4 Loop and Lutz, and healing fully. He doesn't need 4 Flip at all. I'm assuming his reduced jumping pass FP will be:

4 Axel

4 Lutz

---- 2nd half

4 Sal x 3 Toe

4 Toe-loop-3 Sal

Maybe 4 Loop or moved to 1st half, but he seems to want to keep 3 quads in second half.

3A x 2 toe

3 A

17 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

What's unexpected for me is how much the US media portrayed Nathan as a Gold Medal favorite just because he won all his events this season. Yes he won it all, against a depleted field. He beat Yuzu in his first GP event, early in the season when Yuzuru tends to keep the 2 Silver trend a year alive. He won the GPF against the sQUAD with no Yuzuru or Javi in sight. Despite his repertoire of Quads, Nathan never medaled in the World Championship, yet somehow he's the sure fire bet?

Edit: I just realized I was talking about Nathan in Yuzuru's chat thread. SORRY!

Going back to Yuzuru, I don't think he's ever indicated that he was aiming for all Quads. Brian's put his foot down on Quad Flip and I really think Yuzuru is more focused on his childhood goal of 4 Axel, regaining his 4 Loop and Lutz, and healing fully. He doesn't need 4 Flip at all. I'm assuming his reduced jumping pass FP will be:

4 Axel

4 Lutz

---- 2nd half

4 Sal x 3 Toe

4 Toe-loop-3 Sal

Maybe 4 Loop or moved to 1st half, but he seems to want to keep 3 quads in second half.

3A x 2 toe

3 A

R.I.P 3F

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I don't know if any of you already talked about it, but what is this about?

DX-mjidVQAA_YuW.jpg

I only read something about "Tokyo university" "genius", some random words. I didn't really understand much. Can anyone explain please?

They asked newly accepted students of Tokyo University who they think is a genius. The second fellow is Sanma Akashiya, one of the "Big 3" comedic TV hosts in Japan (who can't stop talking XD,) and the third is the youngest ever shogi player to turn pro, Sota Fujii, who has broken a bunch of records.