General Yuzuru Chat

Ah, it would be a pity if there are Yuna fans who probably appreciate her technique who don't also recognise Yuzu's efforts in developing good technique. She's a beautiful skater. Though I do understand those who are salty about her records being beaten in part because of PCS inflation. Yuna skating now would get more in PCS than she did then, so it doesn't seem fair because standards have shifted a bit. Hell, I get salty when I compare Yuzu's PCS in his first and second senior years with what people routinely get now! Too bad there's no inflation factor applied to older scores to even the field when comparing.

But anyway. Haters will always be there. But he is loved far far more than he will ever be hated, and he knows that. So it's fine.

Yes, you can't do anything to haters, esp those who hate with no basis. You can't explain how talented Yuzuru is if they don't even know what an axel is or how they give out scores for a skate :shrug: it's simply meaningless and only gonna irritate you more..

Don't do that to yourself, be happy and spread positive energy! <3 send some love to Yuzuru and all the other skaters :10742289: like they said: the amount of haters you got shows how much successful you are :biggrin: and in Yuzu's case, the amount of ppl who loved him is that much greater than the haters!

I had never heard of "daum" so I've just googled it. I don't think Yuzuru knows it either unless he is into Korean music or TV dramas secretly :biggrin: 

I think every country has notorious web sites, and I don't read my country's because it is bad for my health. You know,  health is the most important :laughing:

13 minutes ago, yude said:

I had never heard of "daum" so I've just googled it. I don't think Yuzuru knows it either unless he is into Korean music or TV dramas secretly :biggrin: 

I think every country has notorious web sites, and I don't read my countries' because it is bad for my health. You know,  health is the most important :laughing:

Well you know, didn't Yuzu have haters in his earlier days do stuff when he was competing in Japan? I hate to think this, but he probably already knows and acknowledges that there will be haters regardless of what he does. And hence, probably knows how to block himself off from that.

1 hour ago, yude said:

I think every country has notorious web sites, and I don't read my country's because it is bad for my health. You know,  health is the most important :laughing:

*cough* Kara *cough*

54 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well you know, didn't Yuzu have haters in his earlier days do stuff when he was competing in Japan? I hate to think this, but he probably already knows and acknowledges that there will be haters regardless of what he does. And hence, probably knows how to block himself off from that.

Yuzu's had haters that do more than just post hate about him online, he knows they exist and knows how to avoid them. He has bodyguards and doesn't use social media (at least not beyond a very close circle of people). It will be fine.

53 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think I remember he did say at some point that he knows there are people who hate him, too, but I can't remember when that was or in what context, so I could be wrong. But he's very self aware and very aware of fans, even online ones, despite not having SNS, so I'm sure he knows. He's also too grounded to let it really get to him, especially when there's a much greater outpouring of love towards him, I think.

And more :offtopic: but in line with my previous OT moment: last night, my father showed me pictures of a pair of swans swimming on the river behind our countryside house. Signs, signs everywhere! :knc_yuzu1:

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think I remember he did say at some point that he knows there are people who hate him, too, but I can't remember when that was or in what context, so I could be wrong. But he's very self aware and very aware of fans, even online ones, despite not having SNS, so I'm sure he knows. He's also too grounded to let it really get to him, especially when there's a much greater outpouring of love towards him, I think.

And more :offtopic: but in line with my previous OT moment: last night, my father showed me pictures of a pair of swans swimming on the river behind our countryside house. Signs, signs everywhere! :knc_yuzu1:

I seem to remember him saying something about how he knows there are some people who hate him, but there are a lot more people who love him and wish him the best. Or something along those lines. A good way of looking at things - accepting the negative, but focusing on the positive. Smart young man.

OT I rescued my origami swans from the dogs, but I don't think that's a sign...

It's really frustrating when people bash pointlessly. I think if he skates his best, anyone watching will understand why he's so highly praised. If they know/care about the sport, his quality will trump nationalism. But there's always going to be dumbasses that use the internet the vent pointlessly. It's fine so long as it never reaches Yuzuru. As long as media stays neutral/favourable I don't really care. I can't imagine anyone will misbehave in an Olympics crowd and there will be so many Yuzuru fans in the crowd anyway any negativity would be drowned out. I think Yuzu is smart enough to know that no matter what he does, there will always be people who dislike him for some reason and it's better to just 1) focus on people who wish him well 2) focus on himself, what he wants, what his ideal is, how he thinks he can be a better skater/person and being satisfied with himself.

As for fans in Korea getting their stalk on...I think people know how to behave. I assume he will have some security or smth. I think a lot of fans will not want to disturb him too much? Olympics are important, we want him to win more than anything - that might stop a lot of people from doing anything that could make him uncomfortable. As for being noisy/distracting at practice etc... Korean/Chinese/Japanese fans often monitor in groups. In the kpop fandoms I've been in if someone was doing something out of line they got called out on it and told to stop. Bad behaviour gets shut down quickly within good fandoms. I don't think there will be a problem because any bigger name fans for Yuzu will call people out if anything out of hand happens. Public shaming on twitter is often enough to put a stop to bad behaviour - as is the threat it might happen lol

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think it was when somebody asked him about H&L, thought can’t recall where. His exact words left me a deep and clear impression though. “Some people hate me. A lot of people love me. So sometimes I’m sad and sometimes I’m happy.” And the program was about his life. (Though later it also became winds, rivers, ocean shores, forests and all sorts of nature:laughing:)