General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, Floria said:

I understand it like his layout is not decided yet. 

I doubt his layout is not decided at this point, considering there's only a week left before the official practice. Getting back the jumps is one thing but to do it in program, with choreo and transition take alot of time. Satoko said when she comeback after injuries, she had big trouble to land jumps in program because of the timing. I feel like its just a way of talking, simply because he didn't want to say about the layout and only Yuzuru can talk about it. Whatever, we'll know soon.  

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

yep so cues dramatic entrance scene with tracy in sunglasses and heels with javi in leathet jacket acting cool with yuzu in his mask wearing all black and briand pushing their stuff in cinematic background with slow mo and winds blowing with fogs... lol and we were just guessing things yesterday :smiley-laughing021:

me when i hear 100% 

I'm now living for this trip, I wish we got some updates, at least a short instagram post or story posted after they land to avoid stalkers (even though I doubt they'll be able to avoid the media waiting so they might as well go all out and Make It Big).

Please Javi, we're counting on you to keep us watered :sadPooh:

4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

On top of this, I want game battles between them on the plane :P Maybe Yuzu can get Javi into Monster Hunter. It'd be fun, relaxing, and getting them into a competitive spirit!

Knowing how much Yuzu hates to lose, I wonder how he is with video games... or even with board games! Do you think he'd be the kind to thrown monopoly hotels around? :smiley-laughing021:

11 minutes ago, Floria said:

I understand it like his layout is not decided yet. 

nah im pretty sure he has a fixed layout, just that brian cant reveal it now. yuzu prefers a media blackout but in case its unavoidable like this its better to reassure everyone while still not revealing all his card yet. imo he most likely is going back to the layout he does off season. muscle memory is good for a demon as big as olympic. he already knew how much that olympic pressure can affect anyone, as he said in that interview that just got translated.

all in all, i love great news and im happy he's expected to be back to his form by the individual event <3 

hace 2 minutos , Katt said:

I doubt his layout is not decided at this point, considering there's only a week left before the official practice. Getting back the jumps is one thing but to do it in program, with choreo and transition take alot of time. Satoko said when she comeback after injuries, she had big trouble to land jumps in program because of the timing. I feel like its just a way of talking, simply because he didn't want to say about the layout and only Yuzuru can talk about it. Whatever, we'll know soon.  

I mean there can be 2 or 3 different layout versions, not that it isn't decided at all. Like the 5 quads version he showed for media day and  the 4Lz version that probably already existed at that time.

Basically

Yuzu: hands Brian a coded letter with random symbols

Brian: "Yuzu I cannot read this"

Yuzu: "I gave you the code book last month"

Brian:......

Yuzu: "Ok fine, wait a bit"

Yuzu: calls Brian to his office

Brian: went into his office and is locked in

Brian: "Yuzu what are you doing"

Yuzu: calls Brian's phone

Brian: answers phone

Yuzu: "Your mission PC is to deliver contradictory news to make the enemies confuse while telling white lies with a hint of truth. Over"

Brian: ...

Yuzu: unlocks the door and ran away

Brian: looks a Yuzu running away

Brian: smiles and "don't worry, I got you boy"

Tracy: what's up

Brian: "Yuzu he-" gets cut off

Tracy: "It's okay, we know he'll be fine" smiles

I think it makes sense to leave room for small changes, depending on what happens this last week. He doesn't have the freedom Nathan does, but he might leave himself the door open for a change or two, depending on how he feels. That said, I'm sure he will have decided the layout by the time he sets foot in Korea - and if Brian has any objections, he'll have to work hard to argue in their favor :P

Hmm seeing how Yuzu skipped TE it gives me the impression that these 6ish extra days of practice are pretty significant so the layout may actually depend on them... although I also have issues believeing the layout would still be uncertain at this point I think it’s possible. 

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

News abt Yuzu! Better quality! I love Papa Orser!

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: the way Brian said yes at the end so confidently :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: it puts tears in my eyes 

57 minutes ago, Floria said:

"He will do a lot of quads" :13877886:

LOL I knew we will get trolled! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: as always We'll know next week 4Lz or no 4Lz.. either way, everything seems fine and dandy after seeing Brian's interview :bliss-smiley:

20 minutes ago, Floria said:

I mean there can be 2 or 3 different layout versions, not that it isn't decided at all. Like the 5 quads version he showed for media day and  the 4Lz version that probably already existed at that time.

IMO there's a fix layout by the time he started doing runthrough since last week. So he has around 3 weeks of doing runthrough and that's not much time and I think he should focus on one layout. But I could be wrong, or I refuse to believe that nonsense 5quad 1axel layout :laughing:

I just think if there's a change in his layout this week, it  will depend on his stamina. His 2nd half is a big challenge in term of stamina so he could take out 1 or even 2 quads 

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

in my opinion, he had been training (as in serious runthrough all day long with the intention to use it in competition) with only 2 layouts, 5 quads without 4Lz (off season before 4Lz got an okay from brian) and 5 quads with 4Lz. ACI layouts is not something he trained for. its just a 5 quads with 4Lz layout that got downgraded and is the thing that made him most frustrated with, resulting in a notsogood performance, which means theres no way hes gonna actually use it for olympics, imo. but i could (most probably) be wrong :laughing:

edit: anyway this is my way of saying not having a fixed layout for olympics is a pretty stupid thing to do n i do not approve of nathan's strategy, at all. sorry nathan's fans. yolo is for when you f*ck up n got angry.

From the newsletter Milano2018 organizing committee sends to everyone subscribed to their mailing list.

The ISU World Figure Skating Championships®, scheduled from March 21st to 25th at the Mediolanum Forum, will also represent the right opportunity to put a smile on the faces of some underprivileged kids. 

The organizing committee has in fact announced that the stuffed animals collected on the rink during the competitions will be gifted to the kids of some organizations active in the Milan area: associations for minors, hospitals and pediatric institutions, group homes and voluntary associations. 

The so-called “Teddy Bear Toss”, already famous in the USA during ice hockey games around Christmas, has recently taken hold also in figure skating, especially thanks to the popularity of Japanese star Yuzuru Hanyu. The Olympic Champion at Sochi 2014 and two-time World Champion, in fact, has always been passionate about Winnie the Pooh and at the end of his performances he usually receives dozens of stuffed animals from the fans sitting in the stands.

There is also LGC photo in the letter :biggrin:

24 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

true but he does have a slight tendency to YOLO :smiley-laughing021:

I think people have a tendency to overplay Yuzu's YOLOing a bit. He has only done some YOLOing when he's made a mistake somewhere, and usually with a recovery 3A/4T, his best jumps; he's not Nathan who decides on what jumps to use depending on his mood. So he needs a fixed layout to runthrough.

I love Brian's certainty and 'Never underestimate him' answer to 'is he really really ready for gold?' question.

My take on the 'undecided' layout is that Zu has several alternatives and will use the remaining time away from team event to eventually decide on which one to use.

If he's gonna YOLOLYMPICS, tho, then all bets are off.

I am just glad he is practising without pain now. Be healthy dear Yuzu!:snonegai:

33 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Brian should get his own Pooh rain at Olys. For dealing with media... and for dealing with Yuzuru on daily basis :P

I dare anyone going to throw a Pooh in Brian clothes and attach a message: For Brian, for all your work putting up with this dumbo kid we love.

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I dare anyone going to throw a Pooh in Brian clothes and attach a message: For Brian, for all your work putting up with this dumbo kid we love.

Well, we still have that idea to give Brian knit pooh mittens at some point.

22 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

Knowing how much Yuzu hates to lose, I wonder how he is with video games... or even with board games! Do you think he'd be the kind to thrown monopoly hotels around? :smiley-laughing021:

That's very un-sportsman like. So no, he's probably the kid who will ask you to play with him *again* and *again*, all in the same day even, until he beats you. I dare someone to learn shogi and play against him. =P