General Yuzuru Chat

On 2.2.2018 at 11:32 PM, kaeryth said:

I'm strangely calm. What will happen will happen. Everything is up to him now.

On a personal note: I actually preferred him not doing the team event. So YOLO away my son!

This is how I feel as well, I'm glad I wasn't there for the initial explosion lol (it's like the closer we get to Olys the more overwhelmed I am by just thinking of it so I didn't even check the gen thread for days, how am I going to survive when he's actually in Korea? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:)

On 3.2.2018 at 7:00 AM, Kizuna said:

No matter what, in Yuzu I trust. I trust that he has thought out all the pros and cons more than any of us, and will choose the path he deems best for himself. And I have never stopped believing that he will win that gold, even after all that has happened since the injury.

:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: big mood :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

hace 9 minutos , MrPudding said:

ahh maybe its also to reduce a bit of the negative attention yuzu is getting for not participating in team events. for me this make a bit more sense because we know too well that brian wont say anything about yuzu absent mindedly. there has to be a reason behind this

Yes, and this is why I wonder what kind of strategy is behind it. 

But honestly when I read that Brian is so surpised that other quads are going well I want to cry tears of joy.

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

but i don't know if removing 4lz would get the judges on his side tho... he is underscored and this worries me.. 

is this becoming like yuna in sochi.......

someone help me change my thoughts please :shrug:

He will not be underscored if he skates clean, with or without 4Lz. He didn't use a 4Lo in his SP at ACI and got a World Record. It's okay. Worry about him skating clean and leave the underscoring worries for another time. 

Just now, Floria said:

Yes, and this is why I wonder what kind of strategy is behind it. 

But actually when I read that Brian is so surpised that other quads are going well I want to cry tears of joy.

guys i forgot.. 

4lz no more, lets add 4lo3t!

yep that made me feel much better :facepalm::P

Actually, it could be strategy, following Nathan's "I'll decide on my layout after practice." Like Lutz isn't perfect - cue in rivals feeling a bit relieved - but not saying he won't do it. And we know he landed it on his first competition, so it's not impossible he'd do it again - cue in rivals confused.

I just want Yuzu to make whatever decisions he needs to make to try to not have any regrets at the end of the day.

I'm still a bit worried about loop, though. It was very moody in the beginning of the season, even though it was supposedly good in practice, too.

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

He will not be underscored if he skates clean, with or without 4Lz. He didn't use a 4Lo in his SP at ACI and got a World Record. It's okay. Worry about him skating clean and leave the underscoring worries for another time. 

yeah you know what, a clean and confident yuzu will win olys no matter what. If he had nhk15 moment again where he smiled in confident, i dont care what quads he does. He'll definitely win.

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, it could be strategy, following Nathan's "I'll decide on my layout after practice." Like Lutz isn't perfect - cue in rivals feeling a bit relieved - but not saying he won't do it. And we know he landed it on his first competition, so it's not impossible he'd do it again - cue in rivals confused.

I just want Yuzu to make whatever decisions he needs to make to try to not have any regrets at the end of the day.

I'm still a bit worried about loop, though. It was very moody in the beginning of the season, even though it was supposedly good in practice, too.

This is exactly my take too, it sounds like Yuzu.

(but they don't seem to be worried about the loop...!)

I'm sorry, but Brian said that 4Lz isn't good. NOT that Yuzuru will avoid it. That seems like misstranslating to me? Is this correct? The two articles saying that 'Yuzuru will avoid it' don't bring direct translation... 

I mean, for all we know Yuzu could pull a Sochi and bring 4Lz to his FS even if it's not in good shape...

Anyways, although I loooove his 4Lz, I'm okay with whatever layout he will choose to do. I want him to go clean and enjoy his performance. The jumps are relatively important. 

12 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

but i don't know if removing 4lz would get the judges on his side tho... he is underscored and this worries me.. 

is this becoming like yuna in sochi.......

someone help me change my thoughts please :shrug:

Ahhhh, don't say that, that is #2 in the list of "worst case scenarios" I came up with (because I figured thinking of the worst thing that could happen would make anything else seem positive in comparison. All I did was stress myself out, though...). And #1 is so horrible I'm not even gonna say it. :sadPooh:

There's multiple sources reported Yuzuru won't do 4lz at Olys so I dont think all of them got it wrong at the same time. Whatever, we'll know it next week. For now I'm too happy that his training is going well and his jumps are good. That's the most important thing