General Yuzuru Chat

https://this.kiji.is/333248494964261985

「(ジャンプは)4回転ルッツ以外は全ていい状態だ。彼はトレーニングがよくできている。驚きだ。当然、金メダルが狙える」

I'm not so good at translating, but according to the above article, Orser said, "all the jumps except 4Lutz are very good. He is training very well.

Surprising. Of course, he can aim for the gold medal."

Those are the most positive words I've heard since NHK. I almost cried.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 minute ago, Katt said:

I think H&L layout with a bit change like this : 4S 4Lo 3F// 4S3T 3Alo3S 4T 3A2T 3lz could work, the combo order is the same. He never land a clean 4Tlo3S combo in competition so I think going back to 3Alo3S is safer. If he bring 4lz in WC, it will be easier to re order the jump. 

I edited my post to add a H&L alternative too but this one is also good. But in that case, I'd actually recommend him to do 4T2T and leave the 3A solo. His 3A2T didn't gain him a lot of GOE at Worlds so maybe a 4T2T and solo 3A might be better.

Just now, xeyra said:

I edited my post to add a H&L alternative too but this one is also good. But in that case, I'd actually recommend him to do 4T2T and leave the 3A solo. His 3A2T didn't gain him a lot of GOE at Worlds so maybe a 4T2T and solo 3A might be better.

I actually thought the same but idk if he want to do 4T2T. IMO a SE-3A-SE in Seimei would earn good (and better) GOE than 3A2T

Just now, Katt said:

I actually thought the same but idk if he want to do 4T2T. IMO a SE-3A-SE in Seimei would earn good (and better) GOE than 3A2T

Exactly, plus it might allow him to actually maintain that exit SE, which he hardly does with 3A2T, though he might still not have the time for it if he has to go do a 3Lz after. He can do a 3A from a standstill but 3Lz is a different beast for him. :laughing:

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Exactly, plus it might allow him to actually maintain that exit SE, which he hardly does with 3A2T, though he might still not have the time for it if he has to go do a 3Lz after. He can do a 3A from a standstill but 3Lz is a different beast for him. :laughing:

We'll know soon :laughing: Also I don't know if I should begin to worried about the 4S combo :laughing: .I'm just so relieve that him dropping the 4lz (and surprise that Brian inform this soon). There's 5-6 sources reported the same thing so this is legit.  

hace 1 minuto , SparkleSalad said:

I was hoping he'd ditch 4lz (well, really, was there any other choice?) but I'm starting to feel sick to my stomach that this is all so close and feeling so real. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

They aren't trolling us about 4Lz like the last time, are they? Sorry, just kidding.

Actually I think it is a wise and the only thing to do given the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Floria said:

They aren't trolling us about 4Lz like the last time, are they? Sorry, just kidding.

Actually I think it is a wise and the only thing to do given the circumstances. 

I mean, I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision for Yuzu to make considering all he's hoped and planned for at the beginning of the season, but he did damage his ankle pretty darn badly and his recovery did take longer than anticipated. No matter his stubborn spirit, there's just some things you can't fight your body on and compromise is needed between the difficulty you want and the difficulty your body might be able to take. Despite all his talk about going above his limit, his body still experiences some. Though @daisyjune's translation above does say Orser mentioned that all jumps expect 4Lz are going well so maybe it's mostly a question of 4Lz not going to be at a good level in time. As I said on twitter, I still fully expect him to try it at Worlds.