General Yuzuru Chat

News are good but these are just small pieces of info, as Floria and others also mentioned Yuzu doesn't tell everything to JSF and we won't hear every details from JSF etiher. I think if he started jumping a week ago then 3-max.3.5 weeks of full training is expected, it's not short but not a very long time either. His stamina is probably already good so I can only hope everything will be fine with him in the next weeks.:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

We have one month left to the individual SP...and I decided I try to remain as relaxed as possible until the remaining time and sending my positives vibes to Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: I have the feeling that nothing else helps at this point anymore.

At the same time the waiting is too long it and the closer the Olympics are the more I think of it every day...at least it's good that Europeans will be a bit distracting in the next five days. 

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Fair enough. It also says it means to lay an ambush, so I at least hope it's right because yay images of warring Yuzu! 

I have flashbacks to a 'I'll make a man out of you' from Mulan for some reason :facepalm:

That or crouching tiger hidden dragon (Imagine if he randomly changed his ex for that :D)

3 hours ago, Gaby said:

May be this secrecy is just his way to built up the kind of excitement that will explode into million sparkly pieces ,right into your face ,like a firework ,you know..when he wins ;)

You mean in sparkly firework so Adam again has to go out and pick up stuff off the ice? Not the eerie Pooh tornado/avalanche/whatever else?

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Me, three and I was just imagining Brian sitting somewhere in Moscow, staring blankly and thinking about Yuzu and his quads...

WRITE THIS PLS. This would be the crack of all cracks, the father in despair thinking about his oldest laidback son, middle crazy son, and youngest slowly following the middle's lead into quadsanity...

Just unloading thoughts... and offering a silver lining to the injury and subsequent zuzu media blackout. (warning: wall of text)

One of the things I feared with the Olympic season is the amount of negative press Yuzu would get now that USFS has a legit OGM contender. I know most don't care for their opinion but for a lot of people (including the every 4 years fans), US media is probably going to be the first piece of information they'll come across. I still remember Vancouver 2010 and how they propped up Lysacek against Plushenko (Russian jumping robot, no artistry, no transitions) and even against their very own skater (Evan is the face of Men's skating.. is manly as opposed to Weir).

With Yuzu's injury I've noticed that the media has actually been not that terrible as I feared (some even kind? Philly for example). But then again, it would only reflect badly on them if they talked down someone who was injured. The worst they could say now is that Yuzu is trying to keep up with Nathan with the quads... which if you break it down is not so far from the truth. He did increase his BV because he wanted to be competitive with the younger guys which includes but is not limited to Nathan. In Canada's case, they've given him the jumper moniker versus the artists (Chiddy)... which is funny to me because it feels like they're still salty about Sochi. This is how they've described him in 2014 and I see they still haven't moved on.

They could talk inconsistency but who has been consistent? They say that about Nathan this season (he's won Gold in all his competitions so far) but none of his wins are really overwhelmingly decisive wins. And they cannot compare it to Yuzu because Yuzu's been MIA this season. If they talk about Nathan defeating Yuzu at 4CC last year, they cannot escape saying that Yuzu is still the current World Champion and Nathan was off podium (boot issues you know).

They can nitpick the only competitions Yuzu had of course. ACI - yes, he finished second and had one of the worst FS in his senior career but he also (re)set the SP world record with a watered down program all the while having leg pain (releasing that info to the press was absolutely a good move). How about COR? Yes, Nathan won but only by a small margin and not exactly a decisive win because Yuzu wasn't clean (but delivered and landed his first 4Lz in competition).

So where does that leave media outlets (particularly US media)? Nothing... because there is barely news on Yuzu and talking badly about someone who was injured is never a good look.

21 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Just unloading thoughts... and offering a silver lining to the injury and subsequent zuzu media blackout. (warning: wall of text)

One of the things I feared with the Olympic season is the amount of negative press Yuzu would get now that USFS has a legit OGM contender. I know most don't care for their opinion but for a lot of people (including the every 4 years fans), US media is probably going to be the first piece of information they'll come across. I still remember Vancouver 2010 and how they propped up Lysacek against Plushenko (Russian jumping robot, no artistry, no transitions) and even against their very own skater (Evan is the face of Men's skating.. is manly as opposed to Weir).

With Yuzu's injury I've noticed that the media has actually been not that terrible as I feared (some even kind? Philly for example). But then again, it would only reflect badly on them if they talked down someone who was injured. The worst they could say now is that Yuzu is trying to keep up with Nathan with the quads... which if you break it down is not so far from the truth. He did increase his BV because he wanted to be competitive with the younger guys which includes but is not limited to Nathan. In Canada's case, they've given him the jumper moniker versus the artists (Chiddy)... which is funny to me because it feels like they're still salty about Sochi. This is how they've described him in 2014 and I see they still haven't moved on.

They could talk inconsistency but who has been consistent? They say that about Nathan this season (he's won Gold in all his competitions so far) but none of his wins are really overwhelmingly decisive wins. And they cannot compare it to Yuzu because Yuzu's been MIA this season. If they talk about Nathan defeating Yuzu at 4CC last year, they cannot escape saying that Yuzu is still the current World Champion and Nathan was off podium (boot issues you know).

They can nitpick the only competitions Yuzu had of course. ACI - yes, he finished second and had one of the worst FS in his senior career but he also (re)set the SP world record with a watered down program all the while having leg pain (releasing that info to the press was absolutely a good move). How about COR? Yes, Nathan won but only by a small margin and not exactly a decisive win because Yuzu wasn't clean (but delivered and landed his first 4Lz in competition).

So where does that leave media outlets (particularly US media)? Nothing... because there is barely news on Yuzu and talking badly about someone who was injured is never a good look.

Which is why its good that TCC is being super secretive with no updates or skaters social media and unreleased training regime. I really believe that they know what they are doing :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

24 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Which is why its good that TCC is being super secretive with no updates or skaters social media and unreleased training regime. I really believe that they know what they are doing :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Totally agree.

I am ready to sacrifice my sanity. At least I would be if I hadn't already lost it somewhere along the way. :13877886: