General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

*points to self*  I was going through my homework this weekend wondering why I am doing this to myself.  Though I've been learning Japanese on and off long before Yuzu.  

I am currently NOT doing this to myself. Since I came back from China, and interrupted my Kanji study routine, I can't go back to it. I'm terrible at this! Why! 

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I'm already fully occupied with university work.. and I'm burdening myself more with Japanese.

No regrets tho... :war:

sighs..

Some regrets...

34 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I'm already fully occupied with university work.. and I'm burdening myself more with Japanese.

No regrets tho... :war:

sighs..

In undergrad after I completed my Spanish minor I took Japanese as a course, so that killed a couple birds with one stone :P.  But fast forward to many years later and I am taking Japanese classes again, but I had to take a break in the fall because I had evening grad school (and I work full time too and I'm already reduced to naps on weekdays so anything else was not possible).  But right now I am taking the grad school term off for the Olympics because I didn't want to have to be worried about schoolwork (no worries, I only have one class left which I'll take next term so I'm still graduating on time).  I was thinking I could handle a Japanese class right now but it's quite a lot because I am literally working on two levels at once. And I'll be missing two classes while I'm over there too. 

29 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm like that when i'm doing kanji drills. I think "no one would think i'm doing this by my own will", because we don't get kanji tests. I practice purely because i want to be able to read without consulting a dictionary every 5 minutes :smiley-laughing021: But studying japanese is one of the few things that have never made me say "why am i even doing this. I don't want to do this right now"

I practice even on my lunch breaks (which i use to hone my translation skills lol)

I usually practice on one of my hour commutes each way.  I don't regret learning and I'm never bored learning.  It can just be overwhelming when I think of everything else I need to be making a priority. You really need no less than 2 hours every day to study most effectively and that's getting harder especially when I have to put school and work first. This trip needs to come first too because it's fast approaching. This weekend I was hoping to plan more than I got the chance to do because I was busy trying to play catch up on this class.  I wanted to make a banner to take with me but I probably won't get to work on it before Thursday (I just hope I can get it done in time).  And my poor video games. I got Assassin's Creed for Christmas. I've had the latest Uncharted game. I have TWO DLC's calling my name for Horizon Zero Dawn and Episode Ignis.  I have barely touched any of them maybe I was fooling around with my VR headset, maybe not, but still.  Long story short, there just aren't enough hours in a day. And yes #FirstWorldProblems. 

lmao...... technically I should have an easier time translating bc I don't have as much of an issue with Chinese vocab but my hanzi recognition level is roughly the same as my Japanese :13877886: if only someone could read out the subs to me... I'll see if I can get my mum to read out the translation of his notes tonight though and translate if someone doesn't do it before then 

6 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I literally just made my chinese friend translate this for me because i want to know what did he write about :smiley-laughing021:

Looking at my friend posing trying to show the body position that yuzu wrote about :LOL:

Training (Morning 8:15-9:45) SP

1.     Reflection on SP:

3A (2A) 

-If (I) had hold it maybe it can changed into bonus points.

-Did not maintain/hold onto axis properly

3F+3T (3F+3T)

-completed it beautifully

------------

3Lz

-(I) mix up the timing of the jump with 3F --> upper body pushed down (?) --> didn’t jump successfully

Spin

-Completed beautifully today

2. Needs to pay attention during normal practice:

3A

-when entering from outer edge, upper body and shoulder shouldn’t move

-when thighs move forward ,upper body needs to move with them (?)

-bent left leg

-If (I) can do some training on hitting foot during waltz jump in the air, that will be good. (I am not so sure what this sentence mean.)

Thoughts

Yesterday (I) made papa mad. (I) tried a way/method to not pop 3A, and (I) completed 3A beautifully for the first time in a long time. (I) hope I don’t forget this feeling.

Purple words= Upper body and shoulders should not move.

I am not sure if I translated them correctly, especially on the technical terms. This is only a rough translation.

ETA: Sorry kaerb, I accidentally quoted you instead of Mr. Pudding.

Reflections on Junior WC

1. SP

-Jumps

3A (3A, one hand touched ice)

-sometimes upper body cannot keep up --> cannot maintain axis properly

-when beginning to jump left leg cannot bend very well --> cannot borrow the strength of left leg --> cannot slide out very well (currently I cannot remember the technical term for it)

3F+3T (3F+2T)

-when jumping 3F, upper body got skewed --> adjust in mid-air --> didn’t successfully land

-even when not landed well, still added 2T --> If (I) did better then I could add 3T

2. Spin- everything was good, especially the rotations of sit spin were fast. Completed them beautifully

3. step sequence- CiSt always get Lv 2

4. Others- during 6 mins warm-up, got overwhelmed by other’s presence --> could not concentrate --> wasn’t able to focus on warming up

Thoughts: insufficient stamina, means my ability/strength is inadequate

Again, please correct me if I made any mistake. This is just a rough translation.