General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Lunna said:

My nightmare right now :facepalm:

But the biggest problem will be how to translate kanji from printed text :offtopic:

Kanji hunt! Jisho offers you search by radical, or if you feel comfortable writing with your mouse, shape reader (It read my 9 correctly, and I always was behind in calligraphy, so it's got to be quite intuitive, lol).

3 hours ago, Xen said:

I wonder if he would share more about how he goes about choosing music-since the tweet by Iron Klaus mentioned having his views on his recent programs. Now that he's older, he probably has more concrete views on artistry.

What I would love to have though, is the english translation of Brian's book on training Yuzu. That would be enlightening.

Brian's book translation, and Tracy's new book, and...ok, let's make that TCC book on raising skaters to glory, so that we do not look like we are obsessed as much as w really are.

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Spongebob-money.jpg

Maybe we could start a fan translation? For the planet only maybe... or something. I'm actually translating aoi Honoo2 to practice lol 

If you don't mind me hunting for kanjis with correct radicals 80% of my translating time, I'm in. Once I return to work and can afford the shipping that's it T.T 

41 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Totally OT, am I the only one who is always a bit in awe of just how good Tracy looks all the time? lol

Nope you're not, I want to have the power to be like Tracy when I have two sons, and then next three adopted skating sons...

16 minutes ago, kiches said:

Ummm... I hate to break it to you all but that coke bottle is a spin position and not a hydroblade, right?

We know, but look at Hydro's title now :biggrin: 

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Ok, research result:

Team Brian

Team Brian 2

Yuzuru Method

Hanyu Yuzuru Monogatari (had never heard if this before)

Men's Figure Skating (e-book)

Men's Figure Skating 2 (e-book)

Men's Figure Skating 3 (e-book)

^ No idea about these last three, but I think the general figure skating one I saw was along these lines. Only that was physical.

The road to Olympic Gold (this is new, to be released on the 18th of Jan.)

Read in English Hanyu Yuzuru (this was mentioned here, a while back)

Hanyu Yuzuru sayings (that's the one I bought)

羽生結弦 誇り高き日本人の心を育てる言葉 (this is the other one I remembered just vaguely)

And there are more if you search on Amazon...

"Official" ones are Aoi Honoo, the new one, Team Brian ones. The other new one is apparently by Shirota Noriko, who is in Yuzu's team, so I guess that is also official. And Yuzuru Method is by Yoshie Noguchi who I understand is close to him, but I don't know if I'd call that official, as I think it's still an outside, if detailed look at his career. But I haven't actually read it, so don't take my words for fact. The rest I think are opinions, collections and so on, not much new, if anything at all.

:thanks:

I bookmarked to check out later. So unfortunate that there's no translation. My sister tried to teach me Japanese 3x in the past and it just went over my head. I'm too bad at languages.

I almost reported your post since before I scrolled down to see the obvious "bookmark" button I clicked on the flag first. :facepalm: I usually flag for "importance" for my email inbox, unfortunately flag also is used for reporting. If I did accidentally report it because I'm on my annoyinv phone, Mods please ignore it. :81:

7 minutes ago, cirelle said:

So I’m starting Japanese classes next week, while also working full time. I blame Zuzu. And all y’all. :Poohgaveup:

I'm with you mate. I blame Zuzu and this forum too :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

We should also add another disclaimer on the Planet: at one point somewhere in life, you will be intrigued to learn Japanese :facepalm::smiley-laughing021:

2 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

*points to self*  I was going through my homework this weekend wondering why I am doing this to myself.  Though I've been learning Japanese on and off long before Yuzu.  

I'm already fully occupied with university work.. and I'm burdening myself more with Japanese.

No regrets tho... :war:

sighs..

6 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

*points to self*  I was going through my homework this weekend wondering why I am doing this to myself.  Though I've been learning Japanese on and off long before Yuzu.  

I'm like that when i'm doing kanji drills. I think "no one would think i'm doing this by my own will", because we don't get kanji tests. I practice purely because i want to be able to read without consulting a dictionary every 5 minutes :smiley-laughing021: But studying japanese is one of the few things that have never made me say "why am i even doing this. I don't want to do this right now"

I practice even on my lunch breaks (which i use to hone my translation skills lol)