General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180116-00000135-sph-spo

Kobayashi-san said in this article that back in December Yuzu only put on boots to confirm the feeling of ice, not that he started training then (?) (...someone please check after me.)

Yeah, something like she had said he had been on the ice a little but actually it was just that he had put on the boots and tried to get a feeling to see if he was ready?

Pretty much what i gathered from Javi's interview, he might have been on the ice but not doing anything that could count as "training" as in, his usual training, at all.

Because Yuzu is occasionally a bad influence, I can confirm the tall, slim coke cans - which, it seems, have replaced the traditional ones at least in my part of Europe - is 330ml. (Mine is cherry, though :P)

Regarding the news, I guess it's no real surprise. To me, 'back to training' means everything completely normal, no need to be careful, training as he would have if nothing had happened. (Remember, "training" for him is different than just doing stuff on ice. Like when he was talking about nessie, saying he wasn't training it, but had tried it, casually.) That 'fusasete' makes me wonder if it includes the JSF... as in hiding the content of his training from the JSF as well... it'd be smart in some ways, but a bit surprising.

I'm not holding my breath for nessie or 4Lz combinations or so, but I do wonder what he has planned, because I'm not sure he'd say that if there was no change in plans...

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

They're all putting a stopper on all leaks and not letting any news through, and when there is a small leak (like the lady who tweeted), they counter it with snippets like this. GAHHH I wish we could get soooper seekrit message to help us breathe. Won't say a word to anybody, promise!

A whoosh on someone's insta story is all we ask for, really

Seems like this news has already been shared, here is a full translation of an article.

羽生結弦が1週間前に氷上練習再開
Yuzuru Hanyu resumed on-ice training a week ago
http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20180116-OHT1T50135.html

Yuzuru Hanyu, winner of gold medal in men’s figure skating in Sochi 2014 (23 years old, belongs to ANA) resumed on-ice training a week ago, revealed Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF after a meeting of the board of directors held in Tokyo on 16th. By this day she got contacted by a member of team Hanyu. She said “He has started (on-ice) training from about a week ago. As to the detail of his training, I would rather not disclose it at this moment. Thanks to his effort, he has come this far without losing motivation. We appreciate the support from people around him. He is an athlete who has good concentration, so we hope he’ll do well in conditioning himself.”

Hanyu hurt his right ankle in NHK Trophy held last November and has been working on rehabilitation in Toronto where he trains. At Nationals held last December, Kobayashi commented that she met a person from team Hanyu on Dec. 16th and heard that Hanyu “got on the ice for a while”. She explained, “It was reported that he “trained on the ice” but “got on the ice” meant that he put on his shoes and got on the ice to see how it felt. I’m sorry for my lack of clarity.”

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Sooper seekrit instastory sent to an admin's inbox, just to hydrate us.

If I reply in ancient Sumerian or Aramaic, you guys will know I received something and it's good news

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Seems like this news has already been shared, here is a full translation of an article.

羽生結弦が1週間前に氷上練習再開

Yuzuru Hanyu, winner of gold medal in men’s figure skating in Sochi 2014 (23 years old, belongs to ANA) resumed on-ice training a week ago, revealed Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF after a meeting of the board of directors held in Tokyo on 16th. By this day she got contacted by a member of team Hanyu. She said “He has started (on-ice) training from about a week ago. As to the detail of his training, I would rather not to disclose it at this moment. Thanks to his effort, he has come this far without losing motivation. We appreciate the support from people around him. He is an athlete who has good concentration, so we hope he’ll do well in conditioning himself.”

Hanyu hurt his right ankle in NHK Trophy held last November and has been working on rehabilitation in Toronto where he trains. At Nationals held last December, Kobayashi commented that she met a person from team Hanyu on Dec. 16th and heard that Hanyu “got on the ice for a while”. She explained, “It was reported that he “trained on the ice” but “got on the ice” meant that he put on his shoes and got on the ice to see how it felt. I’m sorry for my lack of clarity.”

Thanks for the translation!

18 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

羽生結弦が1週間前に氷上練習再開

Yuzuru Hanyu, winner of gold medal in men’s figure skating in Sochi 2014 (23 years old, belongs to ANA) resumed on-ice training a week ago, revealed Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF after a meeting of the board of directors held in Tokyo on 16th. By this day she got contacted by a member of team Hanyu. She said “He has started (on-ice) training from about a week ago. As to the detail of his training, I would rather not to disclose it at this moment. Thanks to his effort, he has come this far without losing motivation. We appreciate the support from people around him. He is an athlete who has good concentration, so we hope he’ll do well in conditioning himself.”

I'm so done with this top-secret s**t. I know there is a fair reason behind it ,but the suspence is killing me. At this point I don't think I will be strong enough mentally to see his  first OG performance  live.

3 minutes ago, Gaby said:

I'm so done with this top-secret s**t. I know there is a fair reason behind it ,but the suspence is killing me. At this point I don't think I will be stong enough mentally to see his  first OG performance  live.

Ikr, just the waiting is making me die a little each day. I'll need smelling salts and very strong whiskey to be able to watch through my fingers covering my face, like I watch horror movies.

5 minutes ago, Gaby said:

I'm so done with this top-secret s**t. I know there is a fair reason behind it ,but the suspence is killing me. At this point I don't think I will be strong enough mentally to see his  first OG performance  live.

I literally have chill pills I am bringing with me on my trip.  Muchas gracias to my good friend that is also an acupuncturist :laughing:.  

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Ikr, just the waiting is making me die a little each day. I'll need smelling salts and very strong whiskey to be able to watch through my fingers covering my face, like I watch horror movies.

May be just like that. Through my fingers with some vodka shot