General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, obscurite said:

And I think it was also Robin Cousins who, during the 2017 Worlds medal ceremony, said that "he's not had a performance like this since he won the Olympics gold medal", and then implied something like he's only been holding the record in the short program before, and only now holds the record in the long. Like have these commentators been living under a rock, because seriously?? 

Oh yes, I remember that and me thinking WTF, where have you been between February 2014 and April 2017? Like winning 2014 World Championships, being the first male skater to win the Grand Prix Final four consecutive times, and breaking all the records twice in one season at 2015 NHK Trophy and 2015 GPF.

16 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Hello i am 4Lo

Congrats! :pbow:Yuo're the record breaker here! You learned from the best:space:

Also, it is only me ore the number of :happy0008::deadhorse::smiley-sport026:keeps growing? I'll spend hours only to chose one before posting!:sadPooh:

Thanks to all the staff for the awsome job :happy0158:

7 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Congrats! :pbow:Yuo're the record breaker here! You learned from the best:space:

Also, it is only me ore the number of :happy0008::deadhorse::smiley-sport026:keeps growing? I'll spend hours only to chose one before posting!:sadPooh:

Thanks to all the staff for the awsome job :happy0158:

hahah yeah we keep on adding emoticons but we are going to rearrange them so the relevant ones are on top and easier to find

2 hours ago, Altie said:

There's a new translation of Yuzu's interview in the german magazine Pirouette on this Tumblr.

4Lz (or 4A XD) incoming ;)

Of course we already knew, but I think he had never stated it yet so explicitely before now.

I confess I got a bit teary reading the full article:crybaby:It has been a long and complex season, and Yuzu managed not only to regain his title but also to grow even more as a skater and a person:0001::bow:

(spending hours to chose the emoticons :lol:)

(Anyone knows if there is a "proud mama" smiley somewhere among the 30000000000 billions we have? or "proud sister", even "proud papa" would do)

8 minutes ago, liha said:

hahah yeah we keep on adding emoticons but we are going to rearrange them so the relevant ones are on top and easier to find

yep I repeat: you're all awsome! :happy0158:

2 minutes ago, Paranoid-Fish said:

Me: Finally i am a tissue box.................................

I'm still mushroom:cry: working hard to get better

This thread moves so fast :sadPooh:

About yuzu's spin, I really love his LGC sit spin :BeatingHeart: The details are the best! so far I love yuzu's and Patrick's spins .. 

I would like to borrow the quote from one of the commentator from CBC (I don't know her name) 

"You know,  there are good skaters, there are great skaters, and then... there is Yuzuru Hanyu who's in the whole other level.. " :devilYuzuf:

3 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

I would like to borrow the quote from one of the commentator from CBC (I don't know her name) 

"You know,  there are good skaters, there are great skaters, and then... there is Yuzuru Hanyu who's in the whole other level.. "

That's Carol Lane! I love her little quips about zuzu. She also said he's the "magical unicorn of skating." haha

7 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

That's Carol Lane! I love her little quips about zuzu. She also said he's the "magical unicorn of skating." haha

Thanks for letting me know her name! 

Lol yuzu got so many nick names.. (Even from us, fans) :xD: 

One of the moment that makes me laugh so hard was the interview after yuzu fs in Helsinki, they called yuzu is an alien (in front of him !) :smiley-laughing021: and yuzu's reaction was :space::smiley-laughing021:

4 hours ago, Fresca said:

It's also here on twitter.

I will have to disagree with that poster on FSuniverse. Yuzu is the king of turnout. Turnout flexibility is solely from the hips and Yuzu can do spread eagle and Ina Bauer with his blades turned out more than 180 degrees. His turnout in his R&J2 Ina Bauer where he carves a half circle in the ice is insane. Flexibility to do the splits comes from the hips and the legs. While Jason has both and has more flexible legs than Yuzu, he doesn't have the level of flexibility in the hips that Yuzu does.

Thank you for your comment. So you mean Jason has more flexibility in the legs? While Yuzuru is more flexible in the back? Cause I don't see Jason doing upright Biellmann like Yuzuru.

I love Yuzu's spins, particularly in his short programs and exhibitions. His spins during his free skates are good but I think he tends to pace himself to complete a longer program so they tend to not have the amazing speed they do when he's skating a short program or an exhibition. 

The first time I saw Yuzu skating Requiem in Boston I was blown away by his spins in the program, they were stunning. Same with Notte Stellata, I also really love the final camel spin in that program. For the SP I really wonder why more skaters don't try to add in choreography the way Yuzu does. The little touches in LGC and Chopin really elevate the program. 

11 minutes ago, meoima said:

Thank you for your comment. So you mean Jason has more flexibility in the legs? While Yuzuru is more flexible in the back? Cause I don't see Jason doing upright Biellmann like Yuzuru.

Yuzu's more flexible in the hip area - because he has this tremendous turnout which TAT spoke about. His flexibility is innate, he's always been that, whereas Jason's got fantastic acquired flexibility.

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

Yuzu's more flexible in the hip area - because he has this tremendous turnout which TAT spoke about. His flexibility is innate, he's always been that, whereas Jason's got fantastic acquired flexibility.

Must be nice to fall into doing a sport and you just so happen to have something really important that makes you do things better than others. 

In other news. I'm a little bummed. :sadPooh: My friend who I thought got lucky in the olympic lottery read the site wrong and it was only the requests she was looking at :smiley_facepalm:.  So she didn't get anything and her coworker ended up with Level B Team SP which I already had, but I guess less markup is a little improvement.  So I guess we'll try again in September:fingerscrossed:. At least we have Level B team SP, Level A Men's SP, and Level C Men's LP, so it's something.