General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, OhYuzu said:

Can't wait for that too! I can feel it can be too much work though, stay strong Hydro!

zuzu is deadly :darklordyuzu:

I'm having trouble retrieving the messages :59227c768286a__s: but at least they can be added now haha. I wanted to have it before december but i had to learn a lot of stuff to make it :59227c768286a__s: but i'm optimistic and i might have it ready soon haha

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm having trouble retrieving the messages :59227c768286a__s: but at least they can be added now haha. I wanted to have it before december but i had to learn a lot of stuff to make it :59227c768286a__s: but i'm optimistic and i might have it ready soon haha

I'd offer help although I literally have no knowledge in what you guys do :smiley-laughing021: 

Back to the body fat talk, I found the program in which they mentioned Yuzu and Mao's (it's pre-Boston and the same one where he says if he did a little bit more, he'd throw up... The body weight part starts around 2:07). But I'm sure Yuzu mentioned it himself once, too...

7 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it's 3-4% during competitions, 5-7% during ice shows, but hoping someone can back that up with links. I only remember a TV show, where both Yuzu and Mao were way bellow average. I think Yuzu was 3% and Mao 7% or 10%, but I could be wrong

His body fat percentage is quite a mystery. In his Aoi Honoo, from an interview back in 2012, he said:

“(After that period of rest) My muscles diminished and my thighs were only two-thirds of what they are now. But my fats increased. (laughs)  At that time, my body fat percentage was 8%.  Normally, during ice shows, it’s about 4%. During competitions, it’s about 5%. Ice shows are sometimes twice in a row, so my body fat gradually decreases. The 5% during competition time is best I think.”

(https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/148632005622/bits-from-chapter-2-of-aoi-hono-ii-yuzus-2nd)

In a Japanese TV show in 2014 (pre-Sochi), it is said his body fat is 3%.

(http://yuzuryuu.tumblr.com/post/77478325979/oo0000000-body-fat-percentage-of-hanyu-is-3)

ETA: This information is repeated in Japanese TV programs around 2015 GPF and 2016 WC.

In an article posted on JapanTimes, after GPF 2016, his body fat is estimated by IceTime to be 1-2%.

(https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/12/13/figure-skating/hanyu-adds-legacy-latest-triumph/#.Wh7dEmQ-fq0)

Just now, getsurenka said:

His body fat percentage is quite a mystery. In his Aoi Honoo, from an interview back in 2012, he said:

(https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/148632005622/bits-from-chapter-2-of-aoi-hono-ii-yuzus-2nd)

In a Japanese TV show in 2014 (pre-Sochi), it is said his body fat is 3%.

(http://yuzuryuu.tumblr.com/post/77478325979/oo0000000-body-fat-percentage-of-hanyu-is-3)

In an article posted on JapanTimes, his body fat is estimated by IceTime to be 1-2%.

(https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/12/13/figure-skating/hanyu-adds-legacy-latest-triumph/#.Wh7dEmQ-fq0)

Aoi Honoo. That's the one I remembered, but it seems I remembered wrongly.

To be honest, I do think he's lost even more baby fat and gained more muscle mass since 2012 at least. But 1-2% I'd say is a bit too much (as in too little)... I guess it wouldn't really surprise me though... I'm also pretty sure it changes anyway. Just like any normal person's weight also changes a bit from day to day (and surely his does, too). So all of this are probably approximate

Considering we are on the topic, here are some information about body fat of swimmers, swimming education in Japan and how swimming can affect asthmatic people. I hope it is not too off-topic for this thread. I want to make the disclaimer that the articles provided below, while can shed some lights on the topic discussed, are not the absolute truth. As we all know, the triggers and effects of asthma are very individualistic, so what are mentioned in the articles may or may not be what is affecting Yuzuru. He might just not invest a lot of time in swimming as a child, perhaps due to his severe asthma when he was really young or his investment in figure skating instead. But I thought the information below may be considered interesting to fellow satellites here on the Planet.

Spoiler

One interesting tidbit I thought may contribute to the discussion of body fat is from an article in American Journal of Sports Medicine, in 1983:

Five hundred twenty-eight male athletes participating in 26 Olympic events and 298 female athletes participating in 15 Olympic events underwent determination of body fat percentage (% fat) and lean body mass (LBM) via hydrostatic weighing and/or anthropometric methods. All groups of athletes were below the average values for % fat of college age men and women of 15% and 25%, respectively. In general, athletes involved in a sport where their body weight is supported, such as canoe and kayak (males, 13.0 +/- 2.5%; females, 22.2 +/- 4.6%) and swimming (males, 12.4 +/- 3.7%; females 19.5 +/- 2.8%), tended to have higher % fat values. Athletes involved in sports where a weight class has to be made to compete, such as boxing (males, 6.9 +/- 1.6%) and wrestling (male, Junior World Freestyle 7.9 +/- 2.7%), events such as the 100, 200, and 400 meters in athletes (male 100 and 200 meters, 6.5 +/- 1.2%; female 100, 200 and 400 meters, 13.7 +/- 3.6%) that are very anaerobic in nature and extremely aerobic events such as the marathon (males, 6.4 +/- 1.3%) demonstrated lower % fat values. Athletes involved in sports where body size is a definite advantage, such as basketball (males, 84.1 +/- 6.2 kg; females, 55.3 +/- 4.9 kg) and volleyball (males, 75.0 +/- 6.6 kg; females, 58.4 +/- 4.5 kg) tended to have a larger LBM. 

(http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/036354658301100604)

For those who are wondering about swimming education in Japan, this article may be interesting to read about.

(http://spbio.naruto-u.ac.jp/matsui/Materials_files/Matsui-IAHSFF 2012_Book.pdf)

These tidbit may be interesting to note: @katonice

Swimming is one of the sports that Japanese love, and many people enjoy swimming and aquatic activity in the swimming pool and in the open water. Swimming is one of the compulsory subjects in school education in Japan, so that children growing up in Japan must learn how to swim in a swimming pool. The swimming ability of Japanese people is related to what they learn and develop in the schools.

According to the “Can You Swim?” project, Japanese can swim well with the crawl and the breaststroke, but are not good at staying afloat, backstroke, dive into, and underwater swim (Moran, 2009; Goya, 2011). It is reasonable that Japanese must have training for the crawl and the breast stroke at school, and it is not required to try treading water, surface dive, and underwater swim at school. The reason why the Japanese schools do not develop such important skills in swimming is not clear. Before the explosive spread of swimming pools began at 1970s, swimming pool in Japan had enough depth to perform underwater swimming and vertical movement in the water like in foreign countries. But when the government promoted school swimming pool construction, most new pools had shallow depth (0.8- 1.1m at elementary school, 0.8-1.4m at junior high). According to the design guidebook of pool construction released by Japan Cement Association at that time (Japan Cement Association, 1952), it is described that swimming pool should be shallow as possible to save building cost and the maintenance cost. For this reason, shallow pools are desirable for both the side to place an order and to receive an order to construct them. It is also desirable to secure the safety not to be drowned for everyone can stand up in the swimming pool. But it is not appropriate as a place of the learning to get abilities for certain swimming security. Thus the abilities given at school are limited by the condition in the design of the swimming pool. And that is one of the major reasons why they train only the styles of race swimming.

And for the satellites who are interested in how swimming affect asthmatic, here is an article that can contribute to your knowledge, 

(https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/40047049/557745a908aeacff20004996.pdf20151115-68247-5hv7h7.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIWOWYYGZ2Y53UL3A&Expires=1511980195&Signature=cKwR2%2B%2BKVdGuNwzYuL%2BrMkMEsuc%3D&response-content-disposition=inline%3B filename%3DSwimming_and_asthma._Benefits_and_delete.pdf)

Here is a summary for the article:

Swimming is a common pastime activity and competitive sport for patients with asthma. One reason for such popularity may be the low asthmogenicity of swimming compared with landbased activities. Review of available evidence suggests that swimming induces less severe bronchoconstriction than other sports. The mechanisms for this protective effect of swimming are not clear, but there is some experimental evidence intimating that it results in part from the high humidity of inspired air at water level, which reduces respiratory heat loss (and possibly osmolarity of airways mucus). Beneficial roles of horizontal posture and of water immersion have been tested but not confirmed. Swimming poses two potentially deleterious effects to the patient with asthma. One is the exaggerated parasympathetic tone due to the 'diving reflex', that has been shown to trigger bronchoconstriction. The other is airway irritation because of chlorine and its derivatives. Swimming as a training modality has definite benefits for the patient with asthma. These include an increase in aerobic fitness and a decrease in asthma morbidity. There is no conclusive evidence, however, that swim training causes a decrease in the severity or frequency of exercise-induced bronchoconstriction.

Another article is on the chlorination in pool and the potential effects it has on swimmers: (I remembered some users were discussing about chlorination before)

(http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ppul.20947/epdf)

The biggest takeaway from this article is the wealth of references in it that can be used for further investigation, as well as how contradictory findings have been on the extent of the effects chlorine has. The quotes below are just 1/100 of the information in the article.

Taken together, these studies suggest that swimming, like other forms of physical exercise, has a beneficial effect on aerobic performance and exercise tolerance in asthmatic subjects. Nonetheless, it may be that repeated exposure to irritant chlorine by-products has some kind of harmful effect on the already-inflamed airways of asthmatic individuals.

We can conclude that, while there is evidence suggesting that chronic exposure to chlorine derivatives may damage the respiratory tract of highly trained swimmers, available data on the effects of low chronic exposure in recreational swimmers are more uncertain. Given the popularity of swimming, the problem of the health hazards related to swimming pool attendance is currently a major issue at international level. If there is a real cause–effect relationship between swimming pool attendance and asthma development, the practice of swimming might have influenced the burden of asthma reported in Western countries in the past decade. On the other hand, if there is no such relationship, there is a risk of drastic measures being needlessly implemented (e.g., the cancellation of swimming courses for children), which may have a negative fallout on the children’s overall well-being. This is a very important issue with a relevant impact on public health, and there is therefore an urgent need for prospective follow-up studies to establish whether or not a cause–effect relationship really exists between recreational swimming and asthma development. Meanwhile, the chlorine levels and temperature in swimming pools should be carefully regulated, indoor pools should be properly ventilated and bathers should be told about how good personal hygiene can reduce the irritant nature of swimming pool environments.

Once again, please note that what conclusions one research article can reached, other articles may disprove them under another circumstances. Please read them with a grain of salt. Because this post is in Yuzuru thread, I only compiled some information that may be relevant to Yuzuru, but not the whole picture, so I apologize in advanced if the information is skewed. 

32 минуты назад, MrPudding сказал:

Why can't I open it :sadPooh: I'm using Mac and it's not opening?

Edit: Also tried on android and still not working

This should work

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uIi5YiuqacifmUqTApoCxiODql9Z1qEf?usp=sharing

The same pics are in different format

26 минут назад, Sammie сказал:

look at his happy face.  :devilYuzu:

Barcelona! :smiley-love017: