General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, mcq said:

:xD: The mental image of this is hilarious

Yuzuru, maybe -> "must... do... two quads... today... :dbana:" /scratching face

So next time you see him itching, you know what he needs!!! Four clean strong revolutions in the air is the new drug!

1 minute ago, Hanmgse said:

I'm a bit lost in the conversation, So Yuzuru won't need to participate in regionals to go to Nationals next season? Like he has an automatic ticket to it?

Yes, they let him go to the Nationals in an exceptional move. 

2 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

I'm a bit lost in the conversation, So Yuzuru won't need to participate in regionals to go to Nationals next season? Like he has an automatic ticket to it?

Yes.

Usually there're only 3 seeded skaters (1-3 places at previous Nats), but Yuzu is 4th seeded skater.

17 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Oh yes, he's not watering down his precious but in principle, he could as one quad would do. 

I think if someone suggested it to him, he'd probably keel over! :107:

imagine brian saying this and yuzu's horrified face.. 

ps: guys i missed the forum and then realised how much i lurk here per day. the new update loos awesome and easy and thanks for the like button. 

1 hour ago, itiahs said:

IIRC JSF makes an exception for skaters who are competing internationally during sectionals/regionals, but this special seeding means Yuzuru doesn't even have to have international comps to skip the locals ones :2thumbsup:

I think this is out of the question when we're talking about the reigning Olympic Champion :fourleafclover:,  the 2-time & reigning World Champion :fourleafclover:,  the first single figure skater to win ISU GPF 4 times consecutively :fourleafclover:, the one & only Holder of All of the World Records :fourleafclover:,  the current World Ranking No.1 figure skater since October 2013, ETC....

Needless to say, :space: is still the BEST in everything, the Ultimate King of this sport :fourleafclover:,  one of the best Role Model for players of all kinds of sports:fourleafclover:, ETC.  And it's incredible that he's still 22 years old:bow:   Yes, we can still expect more and more from him :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

No other guys in Japan are at his level, though, tbh.

The absence from 2016 National Championships because of the flu should not be counted as it has nothing to do with his achievements, skills and whatsoever.

:hachimaki:  is such a super special case that no one should ever dare to have an objection  :smiley_facepalm:  to it,  for sure.  It just doesn't make sense at all, I believe:59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1):

Btw, I feel much relieved and glad that everything is back and even better:yahoo:

Dear admin,  :3goe:   You all surely had hard time trying to fit things right for all of us. Thank you very much indeed:bow:  Please take a rest and stay healthy:59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1):

Glad the JSF decided to make him seeded for nationals, if winning Worlds doesn't prove you should be seeded I don't know what would! Plus 1-3 are still seeded as usual. 

I think the JSF are mainly covering all their bases here to ensure Yuzu goes to nationals for the Olympic season and earns a spot on the team. Before this decision, if for some reason he had to skip a challenger or GP event for whatever reason the clause where having an international competition to get a bye to regional competition wouldn't apply and basically he'd be out of nationals. Daisuke Murakami had 2 GP assignments last season but had to withdraw on the first one, I think this forced him to have to go to regionals and of course since he was injured he had to pull out as well and never made it through to nationals since he didn't technically make it through regionals. I think the decision gives a little added security in case something out of the blue happens which would've required him to do regionals to get to nationals. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yes but it's not really something that you can apply logic to, so saying it's beneficial to skating/other skaters/logical because of WCh etc so they will protest because it's pure hate. 
It's really more the 'Nagoya thread' topic, it's in the Knickknacks, if we want more on this. 

Oh,I know very well that it's the old blind,mindless hate and that logic doesn't apply to this kind of ppl(and I also know who most of them are),but from time to time I can't help stopping and marveling at how it is to live your life plagued by that,and I naively feel the need to rhetorically wonder ~out loud~ about it.

I read that thread one morning and I was enraged and it ruined my entire day.And I can't even say that I walked into it completely unprepared,because ever since they were announced,I've been dreading the GPF being in Nagoya of all places and the Skate America+GPF being 2 events so very close to the Olys for reasons I'm sure you understand.I'm actually trying to not think too much/often about it because it depresses me to no end.

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Congrats for 1st place on Eurovision! :clapping-smiley:Romania didn't do bad either, 7 th place! I liked very much that bulgarian kid too!:cheer:

Yes and Hungary 8. We are good after last year's place.

5 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

Because ever since they were announced,I've been dreading the GPF being in Nagoya of all places and the Skate America+GPF being 2 events so very close to the Olys for reasons I'm sure you understand.I'm actually trying to not think too much/often about it because it depresses me to no end.

Can we brainstorm how we can help the situation? I wonder how many of us can get tickets. I'm curious, are Yuzu's fans in Japan planning to go to Nagoya in person to get those convenience store tickets etc? It's crazy to me how they are sold. It's like gambling in Vegas.

2 minutes ago, beki said:

Can we brainstorm how we can help the situation? I wonder how many of us can get tickets. I'm curious, are Yuzu's fans in Japan planning to go to Nagoya in person to get those convenience store tickets etc? It's crazy to me how they are sold. It's like gambling in Vegas.

My dread is actually of a different nature.Regarding a potential hostile audience,I am of the opinion that Yuzu will be actually fueled by such a circumstance,and,additionally,I'm sure that he/his team/family will also take this possibility into account and seriously prepare him for it.

Great to see the forum back online again---really missed my Sunday afternoon of relaxing leisurely reading all the posts with a giant cup of coffee :coffee: in hand.  Lots of new posts already. Really like the new format---it's much easier to read and looks so neat. Thanks you guys for the fantastic job :2thumbsup:.

22 minutes ago, beki said:

I only hope Yuzuru won't have to go to NHK... but if Shoma got NHK they will blow up his scores... gezzz GPF is even worse. JSF made sure to prepare all the locations that dislike Yuzuru.