General Yuzuru Chat

Places are made of people and no place is a monolith. I'm sure there are people who are indifferent to/dislike him even in Sendai. He fought through hostile situations before, he'd be fine. To be honest I'm more concerned about the spacing between the GPs. Weird scoring aside, Skate Canada is pretty close to NHK isn't it? It seems not the best for adjustments. 

Just now, sublimeskating said:

is it highly likely yuzu will be assigned skate canada?  he seems to have been assigned there a few times so probably this year too?

I am looking forward to the annual ritual of Yuzu and Patrick one-upping each other on who'll do worse and Yuzu getting his customary silver. 

Just now, xeyra said:

I am looking forward to the annual ritual of Yuzu and Patrick one-upping each other on who'll do worse and Yuzu getting his customary silver. 

And what if Yuzu breaks the ritual? *GASP*

3 minutes ago, Dara said:

And what if Yuzu breaks the ritual? *GASP*

I can't imagine how things would get here hahaha only Yuzuru fans would think of him winning there as a bad thing (me included LOL)

Regarding choosing GPs, there is the skaters' choice and there is the preference of the federations involved. I recall that Javi said he was declined at least once by SA in some interview? While Yuzuru has some obligation to JSF and the various Japanese sponsors (just look at the list of people he had to acknowledge when he withdrew from Nationals last year), he doesn't owe Skate Canada anything and so I'm inclined to think Skate Canada is his own choice, probably because of less traveling and time issues. Since the order of the GPs has changed this year he may choose somewhere else, COR being the most likely in my opinion.

I think he will do COR and NHK. My guess : Yuzu vs Javi at COR and Yuzu vs Pchan at NHK. Enough for drama  :figure-skating-smiley:

On the other hand, I'm sure Boyang will have COC and SA  :angel:

(I admit I post this just for the sake of using new emoji)