General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

So now the speculation to Nat or not to Nat.  He'll go to Nationals, just because he needs to psychologically.  He needs to test himself against Shoma before PC and Japanese Nationals would be ideal since the contest there would be essentially a two-person event.  Everything else would be irrelevant, not only to Yuzu but to virtually everyone else.  It would be a showdown at sunrise, waiting for the main showdown at high noon come Pyeonchang.  I think Brian would be of much the same mind.  As to Shoma, he's in France this weekend and I will want to see how he does there.  Back to Yuzu - I think Yuzu will go to Nationals and then his next event will be PC.  He doesn't want to risk reinjury or the stress of dealing with a competition that is essentially meaningless in the long-range look of things, so there will be nothing in-between.  Nationals is comparatively inconsequential except for the fact he needs to know how he does vis-a-vis Shoma.  I know everybody else thinks there are several other skaters who threaten Yuzu at PC, but only if he skates poorly and they skate brilliantly.  Shoma is the only one who this season can defeat Yuzu if the two of them are both skating in relatively the same physical and psychological condition.  I remember something Shoma said in an interview in where he said the closeness of his score at Worlds this year made him realize that he could beat Yuzu, something he had figured impossible before then.  I think Yuzu knows of that interview and he's taken that to heart.  He knows who his competition is.  I'm sure he's watched every one of Shoma's skates this season.  The one thing we should remember is this - when Yuzu sees someone who skates close to his level (remember how Boyang's quads back when made Yuzu double down on his own) he uses that as his motivation to reach yet another level that the world has not seen before, both from him and from anybody else.  I think much the same happened at Sochi where his defeat of Patrick at the GPF made him aware that Patrick could be beaten.  I'm beginning to think that Yuzu needs a concrete competitor to motivate him, though I think the motivation is not so much to skate better than that particular rival but to skate better than he himself could skate before.  It's the instigation to once again make him psychologically determined to be the 'absolute champion', the GOAT.

Yes, everyone including you and me, expects to see him compete at Nats but only on condition that he is FULLY recovered. I don't want to calculate anything when he is still injured. Everyone is scared that someone would break his world records, that he would be defeated . But not many people seem to remember that only if he is healthy will everything be resolved. If not, all calculations about layout, rivals are in vain. 

In addition, Shoma is different from Yuzuru. Every individual person has different motivations. Also, under different circumstances, in different time, one's motivation varies a lot. 

50 minutes ago, wpisces said:

Yes, everyone including you and me, expects to see him compete at Nats but only on condition that he is FULLY recovered. I don't want to calculate anything when he is still injured. Everyone is scared that someone would break his world records, that he would be defeated . But not many people seem to remember that only if he is healthy will everything be resolved. If not, all calculations about layout, rivals are in vain. 

In addition, Shoma is different from Yuzuru. Every individual person has different motivations. Also, under different circumstances, in different time, one's motivation varies a lot. 

Yes, he should only do Nationals if he is fully recovered AND if he has had sufficient time to train. Otherwise, he should skip it. He has nothing to prove at this point. Even those annoying guys who do The Skating Lesson were saying he should skip Nationals and save himself for the Olympics. Interesting how some of Yuzu's most vocal critics are suddenly so solicitous about his well being now. 

1 hour ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Yes, he should only do Nationals if he is fully recovered AND if he has had sufficient time to train. Otherwise, he should skip it. He has nothing to prove at this point. Even those annoying guys who do The Skating Lesson were saying he should skip Nationals and save himself for the Olympics. Interesting how some of Yuzu's most vocal critics are suddenly so solicitous about his well being now. 

Well the reason for this is obvious. When you spend so much time trying to bring someone down, you actually feel guilty if anything happens to that person because your conscience isn't clean :laughing:

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

I read it already ... a few Orser new declarations, some things we already know, some things are true, some, kinda harsh ... but this is just MO

Ok I guess I'll stay away from it then.. :war:

*this is really just me and my weak heart that can't tolerate even the slightest negative thing about him since the injury.. I just need to keep strong for him and for my heart :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:*

*maybe after this season.. I'll read this.. lol.. I'm not joking..*

17 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

New article abt Yuzu :yznotimpressed:

*Only Hanyu and Fernandez (once each) have topped the then-record short program score Hanyu got in the December 2015 Grand Prix final.  Hanyu’s short program score from NHK remains fourth highest ever.

When did Javi do that?